Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 04:05 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default #180 Eating Healthy and loving it!

I am so pumped about dinner tonight. You know how I am obsessed with food - tonight sink your teeth into creamy chicken enchiladas with mexican rice and corn - and for dessert sf lime jello. I think I am in heaven.

And what is this going to cost? 11 points, giving me 2 servings of veggies

I love when I can take a "old meal" and make it healthy. We all say this is for life, right? Then your mission is to adapt an old favourite. Sometimes it's easy to sub with ff products... but what about add some veggies (I added a whole cup of chopped red peppers and onions to the enchiladas - the recipe didn't call for) I used to eat hamburger helper with nothing else... no side dish.. yikes! I find now I can eat almost anything as long as I control the portion and add some veggies.. or round out the meal with a sweet, yet light, dessert.

I hope winter is treating us all well. Are you preparing yourself to be in a bathing suit in 5 months? Once again we got another 2 inches of snow over night. I seem to have no problem getting my exercise in as long as it keeps snowing

Today at a store I saw an ad for a MS walk in late April - it's 3 miles - I'm thinking about doing it. Cool!
Old 02-06-2003, 05:03 PM   #2  
Catwoman

That sounds really yummy Simdown It's great to see you motivated and doing great. I've been eating exta well lately as well. I have vege soup for lunch and salad and ham on whole wheat crispbread for dinner, it's easyier then cooking with the hot weather here. It's healthy, crunchie and so yummy! Who says diet food can't taste great! Exersize wize I get a morning walk of around half hour and then do some gardening or more walking later in the day, not to mention the house work! I found something hard on my arm the other day and for a second I didn't know what it was On further inspection I discovered it was a muscle!!! Been years since I found one of those there! Amazing!
I've noticed alot of weight loss for everyone this year alone. Great to see such motivation and success

Kitty
Old 02-06-2003, 06:09 PM   #3  

I'm still feeling great....just did 5 minutes of rowing on the bowflex...i may never walk again was tempted to cheat tonight but pulled around my thinking to stay on plan....wooohooo
Old 02-06-2003, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i'm feeling good too! tonight i'm making the honey baked chicken (from 3FC recipes) with green beans, fuit cocktail, and cous cous. i like being able to eat "normal" meals, and cook them (me = ) for my friends and david, but still be OP. if i eat a little less than them, or have more veggies, less chicken/cous cous..i do great!!

i can even eat pizza... cuz i managed to have ONE slice only!

i am loving the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches also. but i'm not a dessert craver, so they last me a long time.

as for exercise, i never knew i could enjoy it so much. using different tapes, mixing up all kinda, like yoga and kickboxing and dancing, i'm having fun while burning calories. perfect!

but dana... i don't want to think about swimsuits!!! not yet!
Old 02-06-2003, 07:23 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

You guys are a source of inspiration.

I've been POOPY! Stressed out and not walking which is a BAD combination. Since I've started school (and work full-time) I find it hard to find the time to do anything. Work has been passive-agressively complaining about my time off for school and my philosophy teacher expect me to read 30 pages each week. Ack!

To top it off, my Cute Boyfriend has NOT been cleaning the house. He can not be serious! Does he want to die? Don't tick off the stressed out fat girl.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Thank goodness we don't have any plans this weekend. I can clean.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:35 AM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Very upset, got on the scale and I've gained 3 lbs. I've already got my workout clothes on and I'm going to do at least 45 minutes on the exercise bike making sure that I get a good sweat going. Really I shouldn't be so upset because I know why I've gained the weight. I'm trying to fool myself into thinking that I'm doing well by food journalling and occassionally exercising but I'm really only putting a half hearted effort into it. Well NO MORE!! I'm going to journal every bit of food that goes into my mouth and exercise in some way every single day. I can't take seeing another year go by and I still haven't lost any weight. This is not the way I wanted to live my life. Maybe I won't accomplish all the dreams that I have for myself but I'm going to do this one!!! even if it kills me
Old 02-07-2003, 09:49 AM   #7  

Jen, I know you can do this if you put your mind to it. *hugs* Keep focused on your goals!

Dana, your supper sounds *delicious!* Do you have any leftovers you can Fed-Ex me?

Jessica, I completely understand your frustration of working & going to school. It's tough to juggle all the commitments. I'm doing the same thing right now, & I've found if I just do what I can, the rest seems to fall into place. Good luck

I'm so excited to see everyone around here so motivated! You guys are kicking arse!
Old 02-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

The fridge here froze my carrots!I had to wait for them to thaw out before I could eat them.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 02-07-2003 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:24 PM   #9  

Talking Oh, happy day!

This whole diet thing is really starting to pay off First, I am officially no longer obese according to the BMI chart. My BMI is a 29.5. Only 4.5 more points to go & I will be "normal" (whatever that is )

Second, a friend from work gave me a bunch of size Large skirts a while back. At first they didn't fit at all. Then a while ago I could zip them but not breath at the same time. Now, they fit like a glove.

I just love when all the hard work comes together like this. It makes all the struggling so worth it

Okay, I don't mean to brag... it's just I was so happy when I realized these things. It definitely gives me motivation to keep going & lose these last 40 pounds!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 02:35 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

GO KAYLA!!! You have a right to brag and if you didn't what would I have to look forward to? Your stories are a source of inspiration for me.

Last night I came home and the Cute Boyfriend had cleaned (at least he tried). I'm glad he finally did something, I would hate to have to hide the body.

I've stayed the same weight this week. I'm actually a little happy about that since I worked soooo hard for 250 and I only walked once this week. Now, I have to get re-focused. I'm going to clean the house this weekend so that one less thing that I have to hurdle before doing things for myself (you know, when you say, "I can't go out and take a walk because the dishes aren't done.")

SuchAPrettyFace - Once my fridge froze my pickles! I tried eating them frozen but it was like a really screwed up, salty popscicle.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!!

WOW!! Can you feel the energy on this board? I sure can. Makes you feel like you can really do it. And the truth is that we can! And we will!!!

I have had another good week and I hoping that the scale will be kind on Monday. I really want to reach my goal of losing 10 more lbs in Febraury. I am working so hard and it's all to lose the weight that I gained back. I should be at my lowest weight from last year some time in April. Funny thing is that is when I hit the low last year and then started gaining. I am happy that this time I didn't gain it all back plus some. I kept 22 off.

I am feeling very good about all this. Monday will be a month that I have been on-track. And I am still feeling strong. Something about this time feels different.

Saw my shrink again on Monday. Didn't really have all that much to talk about because I am feeling so good and doing what I am supposed to do. So no news to report.

I have a couple of challenges coming up. Pizza and cake tonight (birthday party). Bunko at my house on Tuesday. But I have planned for this events and am hoping to come away OP. I will do whatever it takes!!

I joined curves last week and I have gone every day this week. If you are having any problems with exercise, I highly recommend that you check out curves. It's the best thing that I have tried yet!!!

Jen - I am glad to hear that you have figured out why your old plan wasn't working. I think your plan of journaling and exercising is just the think to do the trick!!

Goddess - So with your crazy schedule, where are you going to find the time to exercise? It will help with the stress. Can't help you with the boyfriend. Put him to work this weekend for sure!!!

gonzostar - i am so glad to see you all pumped up!! I hope you like company because I am going to be right up there with you this month in the challenge!!

KittyMilk - hot weather...hmmm...I'm sorry I cannot relate!!

Slimdown - You have been so motivated lately!!!! Keep it up girl!!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 03:36 PM   #12  
Jo
Catatonic

Kayla - You're my hero! You and Jeanne are so close to your goals!

Sandi - I've heard really good things about Curves. I kind of like exercising on my own, though (I have a problem comparing myself to others )

Slimdown, Holly, & Kitty - Your food sounds so good. I usually go for convenience rather than taste I love to cook, but hardly ever do (too lazy, I guess)

I've done better this week with my eating and exercise. In January it seemed like I was just gaining and losing the same two pounds. Hopefully February will be kinder

TTYL
Old 02-08-2003, 02:03 PM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

thanks everyone for their support, I know I can count on you to understand how I feel about trying to lose weight. I've know that it will take a lot of hard work to lose it but I just haven't wanted to put forth that 110% that is necessary.

BTW did anyone see Dr. Phil last week with the 150 lbs 4 year old boy? I can't say too much about it as I didn't watch all of the show but from what I did watch I would say that the mom is in huge denial. I feel really sorry for that kid. Did anyone see how it turned out?

Take care all, have a nice weekend.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:19 PM   #14  
JML
Success Story!!!

Wow! So many accomplishments and motivations here!
I'm doing well. I have a new challenge to work into my weight loss plans - going out to eat. A friend took me out to dinner tonight, and I'm meeting another friend for dinner tomorrow. Tonight I ate WAY more than normal - deep fried oysters, duck spring rolls, shrimp fried rice, sauces, soup. This was NOT an OP day by any means. I forgot to eat lunch, didn't drink my water, snacked on sweets about midday. The scale isn't going to like this. But I really enjoyed it, and I'll be more careful tomorrow and through the week. One off day shouldn't do any lasting harm. It might even be good for me. Shake things up a bit.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:22 AM   #15  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Frozen pickles, hahahaha yuck.
Closed Thread