Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #1  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Default Follow up on the terrified on men post...ladies tell me what to do!

So I ended up on the elevator with him again....again, the herd of butterflies started their nonsense in my stomach, but I think I handled it okay. When I was getting off the elevator, he said to himself loud enough for me to hear: "Such a pretty, pretty girl."

OMG!

Ok...so should I give him my number or wait for him to ask/make a first move? If he wanted it, wouldn't he ask? And what if he's just being sweet and isn't interesting like THAT?

Eeeeeeeekk!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Girl, he said it loud enough KNOWING you would hear him. And guys wouldn't say you were very pretty (loud enough for you to hear) if they weren't interested.

I say go for it. Give him your number. He obviously showed his interest... what's the worst that can happen? If he's not interested he just won't call.

Let us know how it goes!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Better yet, ask HIM for HIS number. Orrrrr..... give him your WORK number. Always be smart; play it safe.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Go. For. It.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #5  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

HAHA, this is so exciting--i'm definitely living vicariously through you! I like the idea of you asking for his number, or at least give him a green light that you'd give him your number. and as annoying as the butterflies and awkwardness of first meeting someone can be, remember to enjoy it--i think it's one of the best parts of a new, possible relationship!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #6  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Be bold, ask him out. What's the worst that can happen? He says no, you flip your hair and sniff disdainfully because that shows he's obviously not good enough for you, and you move on.

But if he says YES...
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #7  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Congrats - what a happy way to start your day! I'm kinda with Beach Patrol, but would take it a step further - instead of passing on your number and then you spend time wondering when/if he'll call, ask him out to do something that you'd enjoy and be comfortable with yourself - whether to a coffee shop, a public area in a park, something with a time limit so you both can end it before anything drags on if needed...

Yay! If he's interested - he'll accept your invite or suggest another option ... if not (and it doesn't sound like that's the case), you're not stuck waiting for him to not call and wondering what the deal is.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

YAYYY!! SEXY PARTY TIME!!! WOOOT WOOT!

Damn rights, give him that number and ask for his!!!! Or just flat out ask him "would you like to get a coffee sometime?" or something like that...

THATS SO EXCITING!!!!!! YAYA i'm excited.

Either way, whats the worst that could happen? You give him your number he doesnt call you, you dont know him so you dont lose anything!!!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

He's interested.

Don't be afraid, but do be clear-eyed & remember he's sort of auditioning for further attention from you.

It's not all one way, where you have to please him & meet his standards for "pretty."

Guys who are this confident & have used such lines successfully in the past & often are usually flirtatious in general with women. They meet a lot of "pretty girls" & say stuff to them all the time. Which doesn't mean you are not pretty, or that you are not special, just that these guys are quite adept at chatting up girls & they get that way through lots of practice.

The ones who turn red & blurt out awkwardly, "I think you're, um, pretty," and then look mortified, as if they're afraid they might have done it wrong -- they are less practiced at the game & are more likely to have been genuinely moved by your appeal to say something uncharacteristic of them.

Last edited by saef; 05-27-2010 at 12:19 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Let me be clear: by "play it safe" I mean YOU DON'T KNOW THIS GUY - DO NOT GIVE HIM YOUR NUMBER. Ask for his number or give him your work number. I'm happy for your excitement over the flirtation and all, but there are just too many whack-o's out there today. Not trying to scare you! - but... PLEASE PLAY IT SAFE.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

If he wants your number, he will ask. Chill out! Enjoy it for what it is in the moment--a harmless, exciting flirtation. No need to start looking at wedding dresses.....

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'm a bit more traditional about relationships, so I'd wait until he asked you out. But yeah, smile, flirt and have fun, he's definitely interested!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I squealed a little on the inside when I read your post! eik! Exciting!

I think you should do whatever you want. If you have the confidence to do it, ask him out. If not, don't--I imagine he'll be asking you out soon anyway!

Keep us posted!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Next time turn and smile or flip your hair and say Thank You! I wouldn't ask him for his number. He'll ask for yours soon, just wait!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/156/135

Height: 5'2

He LIKES YOU! But, I feel like if he's not willing to step out of his comfort zone to talk to you, he doesn't want you bad enough yet. Be nice to him, say hi with a big smile and let him know it's ok to approach (lol) but let him ask for your number. I believe a man should always make the first step. It's like dancing, follow his lead.
CarbsAreEvil is offline   Reply With Quote