Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Thumbs down Want to lose my jelly belly HELPP

My ever growing muffin top is getting out of hand and making me feel miserable, not only has that expanded but my whole ab area and is gross.
Really could do with some support. It makes me feel Very low and unsexy,and i have developed streach marks and i havent even had kids yet

I have began diminishing the streach marks with resue oil and have seen positive results .
Now its time to demolish the JELLY

Please help
any tips on foods , diets, exercies to target this area would be greatly welcome
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #2  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I've read there are super foods that target belly loss but I really think it's hard to target specific areas to lose. Increasing monounsaturated fat intake (olive oil, avocados..), drinking green tea... apparently all help "burn fat" but overall weightloss/diet/exercise probably would give best results?

I've noticed when I was losing weight everything was pretty proportionate and even. I would love to target specific areas and leave other areas untouched (aka BOOBS) but I don't think it works like that .

I use a weighted hulahoop when I watch TV that I think is "working the core." I also do pilates in the morning and I think that strengthens the core also.

Best of luck to you! Hopefully other ladies can provide more information on this subject
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

My belly is the very last thing to go - and the muffing top! I hate to be discouraging, but your best bet is just to focus on weight loss and all-over strength training! You can do it. Your belly will go away eventually! But if you are an "apple" like me, you will see the results everywhere else first!
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well you really can't target any one specific area. Certainly ab exercises (like crunches) will help tone the muscles UNDERNEATH the fat, but if the fat still remains on top of it, it won't really show much.

You CAN lose your excess fat though - you do that by creating a calorie deficit. You take in (eat) less calories than your body needs to function, thus your body will have to turn to your fat stores as energy - than the fat gets whisked away.

So that would be my best *tip* - create that calorie deficit and the excess pounds will come off.

So I think calorie counting would be a great place to start. Check out fitday.com for calorie counts of your foods. Start journaling your foods - you bite it you write it. You can pick a number of calories to start with and find out if it's the *right* number for you through trial and error. 1500 - 1600 would be a good place to start. Make sure they're good healthy calories - calories that satiate you and provide nutrition and stave off the cravings for the *wrong* foods. PLAN your meals/snacks out in advance so that when it's time to eat you've got good healthy stuff at your finger tips.

You don't have to be fat if you don't want to be - it IS your choice, it IS within your hands. You absolutely, positively have the ability to lose weight. Get excited about the changes you are about to make, don't dread them. Every time you say no to one of those *foods* you will be one step closer to ending that misery that you spoke of. You CAN do this!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Thanks for your replys , i will take all your advice on board
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #6  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quit eating junk. This includes all white sugar, white flour, fried crap, booze...you know what's junk and what's not. Eliminate it from your diet and you will immediately begin to lose weight. Replace junk food with vegetables, some fruit, low-fat dairy products, healthy oils, and lean protein.

Then, take up strength training. As you lose weight, if you are strength training, you will be smaller in size than if you were not losing weight. And strength training will speed your loss of fat up and help you retain your lean (muscle) mass.

Although I've only lost about 6.5 pounds over the past two months, I have lost 2 inches from my waist in that time, and it's due to clean eating and strength training.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #7  
Amazing will be me

So what would you class as strength training?

whats a typical work out for you?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi! I don't know what your specific plan is, or if you have been doing any exercising. I am no expert and am limited in the type of exercise I want to/can do. I know since beginning my journey and incorporating walking/cardio (2 or 3 miles daily of Walk Away The Pounds DVDs w/ weights or resistance bands), I have really seen my tummy rolls start to disappear. At my age I think the abdomen is going to be the hardest to get in shape, but I have to say that I have really noticed my rolls getting smaller and I feel more comfortable than I have in a long time. Good luck to you!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #9  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
So what would you class as strength training?

whats a typical work out for you?
Currently I'm following the program in a book called The Female Body Breakthrough, by trainer/gym-owner Rachel Cosgrove. I think it's quite good, and challenging enough for me.

Previously I did part of the program in a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is also great. Lots of women here have followed it.

Check out the weight training / resistance exercise subforum if you're looking for more guidance.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh, darlin', I feel you... I am an apple shape BUT without the boobs.. And my stomach is always the last to go. People have been asking me if I was pregnant since I was 9!!! UGH!
nicolejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #11  
Amazing will be me

thanks for your info
and great news annie
aww noway nicole joy, yeah i kno my boobs arnt proportional (got a bit bigger with weight gain) but my belly if deff the centre of attention lol