Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 AM   #1  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Angry The fast food was awful!

Over the weekend, I was sick with a sinus infection and I laid around the house resting. I had had a very busy week and was also very tired.
Feeling sick, for me, is a bad eating trigger. I gave in to the fried chicken dinner on Saturday night that my husband went out and got for us. After I ate the chicken fingers, fries and biscuit, I almost immediately started feeling nauseous and my stomach was churning. Four hours and some Pepto-Bismol later, I finally felt well enough to go to sleep.
I was still feeling bad on Monday, so my husband went to McD's and brought home hamburger "combos" with milkshakes! This time it was even worse! I really felt sick to my stomach, bloated and of course, really guilty about eating such a poor meal. I swore to myself right then that I am done with eating bad fast food. I thought about some of the meals that I had eaten "on plan" earlier that week. What a much better meal they were than the horrid stuff I had eaten over the weekend! It was not even comparable!
This was a rather miserable way for me to learn this lesson: high fat fast food is just not the great "treat" I sometimes think it is. And, of course, I now have two new pounds to lose.
Have any of you had the same experience?
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #2  
movin on...

S/C/G: 85/79/65 KG

Height: 163cm

Morning :-)
Naaa, even though I'm eating very healthy I could still on any given day go out and eat fast food without feeling sick to my stomach.
Isn't that a good sign that u actually felt sick to your stomach after eating fast food!?!?
But reading your post I was wondering about something else! Why is your husband bringing home fast food? Is he trying to support your weight loss?
I just realized, despite your setbacks you still have lost 20 pounds: That is so awsome!!! :-)
gnocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

I'm the same way, but not with all fast food. I can handle Panda Express, Subway, Taco Bell, and Ell Pollo Loco. Burger joints just kill me now. I think its part, high grease, part guilty feelings of eating badly. The places I can handle have lots of healthy options to chose from.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #4  

I don't really eat meat(except for sushi a few times a year), so fast food isn't incredibly appealing to me, however, I do understand eating something that once was awesome(in the unhealthier days) and then after being healthy, disliking it. Of course, once I fell off the wagon I was conditioned to like it again. Isn't it amazing how our body adapts so quickly?

Here's to hoping you feel better
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #5  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Nope, I'm another one whose body is still perfectly happy to eat food like this. I don't do it often, but not because my body rejects it. Right now though my mind usually rejects the idea as the calories/nutrition not worth the trade off in my plan.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

It depends on the fast food with me too . . . Usually I'm okay, but sometimes I get heartburn. Of course, I don't eat nearly as much fast food (either frequency or quantity) as I used to. All of the places I normally frequent have their nutrition information online so I can make whatever I eat fit into my calorie count.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Reminds me of a few years back when I had had gone almost an entire year witout any fast food...

Angie was out of town so I ran down to Dell Taco for some tacos and burritos..

not a pretty site come potty time

Made it so much easier to by pass it all time (except for rare occasiosns)..
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I'm glad there are others whose bodies never reject junk food. I read a lot of posts by people who just can't handle bad food after dieting for a while and I wonder if I'm the only one who can still wolf down 1500 calories of pure junk at one meal without any ill effects even after 3 years of eating (mostly) healthy.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 05-26-2010 at 09:16 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #9  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

I wonder if I will ever get to the point where it feels gross to eat fast food. It is one of my downfalls. I have eaten fast food since I started 5 weeks ago, but I always make it work into my calories. I even ate at Olive Garden Friday night. I was on the high end of my calories this week because of the few times I ate out.....and I wonder if I would have lost more than 2.6 pounds this week if I hadn't done that. Hmmmm......maybe an experiment this week.

Anyway, that's good that it grosses you out! Now maybe it won't be tempting. What I have noticed the few times recently that I had it......if I were constipated it would be a good way to end that! LOL Sorry.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

MonteCristo for me I think it's what fast food I eat.

Not too long ago my brother and I ended up working all day when we thought it would be a short day. I made a material run and grabbed us both a couple of double cheeseburgers and fries at a McDonalds...

tasted great and had no potty issues...

Now then if my wife even sees a McDonalds she has potty issues!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I think of it as aversion therapy. Hardee's breakfast was one reason that I got as big as I did. I had the chicken biscuit combo about 4 times a week. I really missed them at first. About 3 months into this journey, I worked a breakfast in. I had saved calories, worked out a menu for the day and could have it guilt free. It was terrible! The biscuit part of the chicken biscuit was soaked with grease. It actually dripped. The hashbrowns tasted nasty. I ate about 2 bites of each item and hated them. I ended up tossing them away and having a bowl of oatmeal at work. Freedom!!!!

I can't believe that I used to love that junk.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
I think of it as aversion therapy. Hardee's breakfast was one reason that I got as big as I did. I had the chicken biscuit combo about 4 times a week. I really missed them at first. About 3 months into this journey, I worked a breakfast in. I had saved calories, worked out a menu for the day and could have it guilt free. It was terrible! The biscuit part of the chicken biscuit was soaked with grease. It actually dripped. The hashbrowns tasted nasty. I ate about 2 bites of each item and hated them. I ended up tossing them away and having a bowl of oatmeal at work. Freedom!!!!

I can't believe that I used to love that junk.
See, now I'm jealous. I love (yeah, not past tense) Hardees. I rarely allow myself to eat there, because of the calories, but on the rare occasions that I can work it in I find it to be fantastically delicious and I wish I could go more often. Love the grease dripping biscuits!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #13  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I am one of those also that doesn't have after effects of eating fast food. I kinda wish I was! The only time recently that I ended up with an upset stomach was after eating too much chocolate. (there was a pack of reese cups at my house >< )

As far as fast food goes now I try and stick with Subway.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #14  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
MonteCristo originally posted See, now I'm jealous. I love (yeah, not past tense) Hardees. I rarely allow myself to eat there, because of the calories, but on the rare occasions that I can work it in I find it to be fantastically delicious and I wish I could go more often. Love the grease dripping biscuits!
The good side of you loving Hardee's - You must have some control over it. I say that because your height is 5'6" and your high weight was 220. I ate my 5'2" self to almost 300 pounds. I had no control. I can't eat it at all. I know that if I eat it occasionally, the currently yucky food will become delicious to me again....... and my weight will soar over 300 pounds. You said "I rarely allow myself to eat there". It sounds like you might can handle it. Me.... I can't. Good for you that you can occasionally work it in and not go overboard!

Last edited by time2lose; 05-26-2010 at 10:05 AM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
The good side of you loving Hardee's - You must have some control over it. I say that because your height is 5'6" and your high weight was 220. I ate my 5'2" self to almost 300 pounds. I had no control. I can't eat it at all. I know that if I eat it occasionally, the currently yucky food will become delicious to me again....... and my weight will soar over 300 pounds. You said "I rarely allow myself to eat there". It sounds like you might can handle it. Me.... I can't. Good for you that you can occasionally work it in and not go overboard!
This is why I love this website....everyone is so different, and it is nice that we acknowledge it and don't try to come up with a one-size-fits-all approach. I'm an anything-you-want-in-moderation person. A lot of people I know find it easier to completely give up stuff then try and limit it, but for me if I couldn't have an occasionaly slice of pizza I'd chuck the whole thing end up stuffing myself with everything in sight!