Size8Kate

S/C/G: 273/255.5/140

Height: 5'7"

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Texas, ma'am.

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: No way, Jose!

Pets: None but I really want a puppy... haha

Hobbies/Interests: Film, music, theatre, choir, singing, fine arts, reading, writing, dancing, laughing, shopping, cooking, traveling.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! 05/25/10

Starting Weight: My highest, 273

Present Weight: 267

Goal Weight: 140 (ish!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My inability to lose weight despite a restrictive diet and a rigorous exercise program. (Explained in the next couple of questions)

Following any specific plan: Low carb, high protein, because I was recently diagnosed as insulin resistant, and my body does not metabolize carbohydrates (even "healthy" ones that are naturally in, say, fruits) normally. Also taking cinnamon supplement to help in stabilizing my insulin releases and trying to up my cardio to at least 30 minutes, 5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I know what's wrong with me!!! And can start to figure out the best diet so that I can start to actually lose weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to see what happens now that I know how to eat for my body and its problems!! It was so frustrating this last semester to work so hard to maintain an obese body weight. Looking forward to meeting more of you delightful 20-Somethings.