Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #1  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'6''

Arrow Zuchinni "Pasta" Marinara

I just posted a delicious zuchinni "pasta" recipe on my blog. Click the blog link in my signature to check it out. Let me know if you make it and let me know what you think!
My Body in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Instead of the peeler, do you think grating the zucchini would work?
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #3  

To get the bit of chew that would sort of mimic pasta you need the long peels
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #4  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the idea. I made this tonight. I used a cheese grater - the kind that has the different size holes on each side. I used the side with the biggest holes. I sauteed the zucchini in a little olive oil with some pepper and a little sea salt. I didn't make my sauce from scratch - I used Hunt's No Sugar Added Italian Style sauce that I added mushrooms to. It was very good and I will be making it again soon. I used a very large zucchini - it weighed about one pound (and I ate it all) with about 3/4 of a cup of the sauce. Total about 130 calories and sooooo good.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #5  
I'm doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen925 View Post
Instead of the peeler, do you think grating the zucchini would work?
I've never tried it using a grater, but it looks like MamaP did it using a grater and it sounds like it worked out! I would suggest getting a vegetable julienne peeler next time you're at a store that sells kitchen appliances.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  
I'm doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
Thanks for the idea. I made this tonight. I used a cheese grater - the kind that has the different size holes on each side. I used the side with the biggest holes. I sauteed the zucchini in a little olive oil with some pepper and a little sea salt. I didn't make my sauce from scratch - I used Hunt's No Sugar Added Italian Style sauce that I added mushrooms to. It was very good and I will be making it again soon. I used a very large zucchini - it weighed about one pound (and I ate it all) with about 3/4 of a cup of the sauce. Total about 130 calories and sooooo good.
MamaP, I'm so glad you gave it a try and that you enjoyed it!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I liked it so much I had it two nights in a row . . . I believe it will become a regular addition to my diet ~ so easy and so good (I'm only cooking for one so I just used the canned sauce, one of these days I'll have to try the homemade sauce).
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 22W/18-20ish/4

Height: 5'5"

Can anyone help me find this recipe? i realize this post is old now, and there doesn't seem to be any blog link in the OP's signature anymore i want to try this
iwilldothis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwilldothis88 View Post
Can anyone help me find this recipe? i realize this post is old now, and there doesn't seem to be any blog link in the OP's signature anymore i want to try this
Zuchini pasta is so easy! You don't really need a recipe. I would suggest googling it for pictures but essentially, use a spiralizer or a julienne peeler (Zyliss makes an excellent one!) and peel an entire zuchini so you have long strands that look like spaghetti. Most people stop there and then put their pasta sauce on top, I like to saute it in a pan with some other veggies like peppers and onions to get it nice and warm and a bit softer. Then top with your pasta sauce and voila, pasta-free pasta dish! I make zuchini lasagnae a lot too and a mandolin works wonderfully for those long flat thin pieces of zuchini. Skinnytaste has a very popular recipe for zucchini lasagna and it's quite helpful.

Good luck! It has seriously eliminated that gross bloated feeling you get when you eat a plate of pasta.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I've made something similar but used baked spaghetti squash instead of zucchini - the flesh comes out of the rind/peel already noodle-ized

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 10-18-2014 at 04:49 PM.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote