Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/169/140

Height: 5'9

Default Anyone Familiar with "Eat Stop Eat" Program and the Wendy Chant's "Conquer Fat Loss"

Both plans sound really interesting. But I am leaning towards Wendy Chant's plan.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
SummerSlimmy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #2  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

I'm a fan of intermittent fasting but I wouldn't pay for Eat Stop Eat. All the information needed is available for free online. Eh, they tweaked some things here and there, but intermittent fasting is what it is. If your blood sugar allows it, it is great way to cut weight and control appetite. I'm planning to crank up the my paleo/primal program with some serious IFing next month.
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #3  
hunt and gatherer

Okay, I looked into the Wendy Chant thing, and if I was going to do that, I prefer Atkins for a bunch of reasons. I've read a ton from doctors and lab scientists online that would disagree with her carb up approach to "tricking" your body. I think it's a gimmick. I may be wrong, but a cursory glance turned me off quickly. I know we all will cheat here and there, but I don't like that being on a specific schedule. Then it isn't really isn't cheating, but the setback is the same. What happens when you cheat on that? Another setback.

Atkins offers you the same thing with long term lifestyle built in, products that fit the plan, large support groups. I'm all for anyone embracing low carbing, but gimmicks and selling info that is basically free both bug me.

I doubt I have the discipline for Atkins, so I just embraced a low carb lifestyle I believe in. I discovered it by reading Paleo diet blogs. It didn't cost me a thing. I am feeling great and losing fast enough.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #4  

One of my co-workers is on Wnedy Chant's program and is losing weight like crazy. This is what made me do research on the plan. I tired the Atkinsplan way back when and was really successful. I tried it again in Febrauary and lost nothing in 3 weeks. I might try it again.

I will also look into the Paleo diet as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #5  
hunt and gatherer

The paleo diet is pretty relaxed. If you prefer a program, then it probably isn't so great. I'm not good at programs and schedules. For me paleo says you cannot eat grains, refined sugar, and refined oils. Potatoes and starchy veggies are also frowned upon but you can work them in in small quantities. Then you limit dairy and fruit. Now eat til you're happy. It sounds way worse than it is.

Another issue I have with Wendy Chant is the meal frequency. I'm a faster. 6 meals a day would make me crazy. But I guess it works for some people, and whatever works is important. I have noticed body builders use lots of daily meals when they want to gain and intermittent fast when they want to cut.

Last edited by BibBob; 05-26-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #6  

Bibbob- thanks for the feedback. I am a faster too. I actually just finished the Master cleanse yesterday. I was on it for 23 days. So, I am now stranger to fasting. I might look more into an "eat stop eat" like program. Lol.