Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266.7/252/175

Height: 5'8"

Default HMR Diet Anyone?

Hi!

I thought I already posted about this, but can't find it, so I'll try again!

I am almost 3 weeks into the HMR diet (medically supervised, sticking to pretty much the liquids for now) and would LOVE to share ideas, complaints and inspiration with anyone else on it. So far, so good for me, but we'll see how weigh-in goes tomorrow.

Hope to hear from you!
AllisonJERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #2  
Enjoying Life

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5'3

Let me know, I just started the program yesterday.
I am hoping this works.... I tried some of the food and I was like WOW this is rally good. Plus, the shakes are really good too.
speicalbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/248/220

Height: 6'2"

Default HMR Liquid Shakes

The HMR program really works but you have to want to do it. I started about January 15th and have dropped 66 pounds. I did it through Boston Medical Center under a doctor's supervision. I am about 6 weeks out and on what they call the refeed plan. The first week on regular food consisted of 4 oz of lean protien fish or chicken and 2 cups of green vegetables and 4 HMR shakes. I tell you after the first chewable food in 12 weeks I felt like I cheated on my wife. I am now up to 8 1/2 oz of protien 5 cups of vegetables 2 fruits and 3 starches. The key folkes is to go to the gym at least 3 times a week or go for a rapid walk each day. So far knock on wood I am keeping it off. If you Google HMR you will find a website Hackley Health Management the sell 0 calorie 0 sugar flavorings for your shakes. You can make a mint chocolate shake, an orange Julius ans many others, it makes the shakes more exciting. I still do my shakes sometimes 1 a day, love them they taste great, some days I do not do them at all. I have made a deal with my self if I gain 10 pounds I am back on the shakes for a week.
wayneviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  
Good things happen.

Height: 5' 4"

I'm starting HMR Healthy Solutions as soon as I get my food order in the mail -- I'm going through one of our local hospitals. The HS option is the one where you get three shakes and two entrees a day, plus fruits/vegetables. I don't know a lot about the program yet, as all the orientation materials are coming with the food order. I've tried finding forums or websites where people can talk about HMR, but there doesn't seem to be much out there.
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/157/145

Height: 5' 5"

I jump started my weight loss through an HMR program at a local hospital. I was on the "Decision Free" plan of 3 shakes and 2 meal replacements a day. Lost 28 pounds from August to end of November 2009.

I quit to join Weight Watchers for a variety of reasons. The dietician who led our groups liked to use shame and humiliation to "motivate." Current research shows that this does not work, of course. I know that HMR does not condone this practice: it was just an unfortunate style she adopted.

I think HMR is a great way to get you going, if you have the time and money it requires. My weight loss continues on WW, and I am eating regular foods again. I love the taste of the HMR shakes, and I still order them online to use as a quick meal replacement when I am in a hurry (beats grabbing fast food).

HMR has some good educational materials and they collect a lot of data from participants to document their success.
jeanschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hmr At Home

I started the HMR at Home through Hackley Health Management about 4-weeks ago. I call into to a Health Educator once a week and give my stats twice a week. This has been helpful for me because I have someone who is holding me accountable. My biggest problem is a poor self image and trying to loose the weight in a healthy way. Even though I may not have 100 plus pounds to loose I use food in a very unhealthy way and I am so pleased to have found this program. I am actually feeling comfortable in eating. This has been a long struggle for me and with the HMR food and my health educator it has been nothing but positive. I know there are a lot of people out there like me. Please reply.
dorothy52 is offline   Reply With Quote