Old 05-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sarah30 Welcome!!

this forum is a wonderful source of info and support from everyone of all ages.
I am into my 6th week of IP and have lost about 25lbs and 25 inches. IP has really worked for me where no other diet ever has.
Please check out the recipe thread as there are some great ones to give you a variety of ways to prepare veggies.
Don't think of the whole 60lbs, take 10lbs at a time as mini goals and you will be so surprised at how quickly you reach each mini goal.
Don't be afraid to ask any question about IP on the weekly chat, everyone here has a wealth of experience between us all.
Also take things day to day, I find that works for me!!
Have a great weekend!!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Welcome!!!!
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/120

Height: 5'0

Default New here too

I started today as well-
Feeling a little slow without my morning/lunch Diet Coke today!

How long will this last?
jesslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Thanks everyone! I've been reading the recipe thread and it is making my outlook so much better! I like the idea of mini-goals. That would really help with motivating me! :-)

Jesslev - I'm not sure! :-) I feel you though! My problem is I keep craving sugar and I am NOT a sugar person. My rep says its because of all the carbs i've been eating that turn to sugar and my body is like 'what the heck...feed me some carbs!"
:-)
Sarah30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/23/2012

RoseRR: how long has it taken you to get where you are? You and I are the same height and i'm starting in the same ballpark weight that you did! Any tips?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #6  

I thought it was missing the Diet Coke-but I think my body is freaking out without carbs!
I have been sooo weak today! Zero energy!
Someone please tell me this will pass soon! I can't function like this!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I have been on the fence about starting IP for a couple weeks now. I am 44 and I have bounced around from one diet to another for the last 30 years. The past two years have been the worst as far as binge and compulsive eating. I have gone over 200 pounds for the first time in my life. This site has made the IP plan seem like a no brainer. I am still unclear about what you are allowed to eat. Can anyone share a list of allowed vegetables?
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslev View Post
I started today as well-
Feeling a little slow without my morning/lunch Diet Coke today!

How long will this last?
You might feel a little out of sorts for the 1st 3 or 4 days, by the 5th day you will feel great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I have been on the fence about starting IP for a couple weeks now. I am 44 and I have bounced around from one diet to another for the last 30 years. The past two years have been the worst as far as binge and compulsive eating. I have gone over 200 pounds for the first time in my life. This site has made the IP plan seem like a no brainer. I am still unclear about what you are allowed to eat. Can anyone share a list of allowed vegetables?
Vegetables
Select: Algae, Alfalfa, Asparagus, Arugula, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy), Celery,
Celeriac, Chicory, Collards, Cress, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles, Endive, Fennel, Field Salad, Green Onions, Green Bell Peppers
(cooked) , Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions (raw only), Hot Peppers, Radicchio, Radish, Rhubarb,
Sauerkraut, Soya, Sorrel, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini

Occasional (You may choose two items only per week from this list
): Brussels Sprouts, Beans (Green & Wax),
Eggplant, Palm Hearts, Peppers (all colors other then green - cooked) Rutabaga, Snow Peas, Swede, Tomato

Not permitted: Artichoke, Avocado, Beets, Carrots, Chick Peas, Corn, Parsnips, Peas, (all) Potatoes, Pumpkin, Sweet Corn,
Squash, Yams

Seasonings
Apple Cider Vinegar, Fine Herbs, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Grass, Hot Mustard, Hot Sauce, Soya Sauce, Spices (MSG
Free/No Carbs), Tamari Sauce, White Vinegar- NO BALSAMIC or REDWINE VINEGAR!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Journeysend,

Thanks so much for the list. My fear is that I will get bored with the few vegetables that I like on the select list.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #10  
Started IP 7/23/2012

Today is the end of day 2 and i still feel great! I actually feel super full after every meal! I think it has alot to do with the amount of water i am drinking. I have so much faith that this diet is going to work for me! :-) I'm eating dinner aroun 6pm, so I am wondering when the best time for my snack should be? Do i have to have it after dinner and when is the latest i can have it? Tonight for dinner, I made lettuce wraps with chicken, mushrooms and water chestnuts sauteed with a little soy sauce with Splenda and a little Apple Cider Vinegar! They were seriously the best I've ever had and I don't know why I never thought of making them before! They will definately be a favorite on my list! ;-) I'm excited about my weigh in on friday! I don't really care if the weight loss is slow or fast, as long as its coming off I will be happy. I think inches will mean more to me than anything! I hope you all had an amazing weekend!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
Today is the end of day 2 and i still feel great! I actually feel super full after every meal! I think it has alot to do with the amount of water i am drinking. I have so much faith that this diet is going to work for me! :-) I'm eating dinner aroun 6pm, so I am wondering when the best time for my snack should be? Do i have to have it after dinner and when is the latest i can have it? Tonight for dinner, I made lettuce wraps with chicken, mushrooms and water chestnuts sauteed with a little soy sauce with Splenda and a little Apple Cider Vinegar! They were seriously the best I've ever had and I don't know why I never thought of making them before! They will definately be a favorite on my list! ;-) I'm excited about my weigh in on friday! I don't really care if the weight loss is slow or fast, as long as its coming off I will be happy. I think inches will mean more to me than anything! I hope you all had an amazing weekend!
You can have your snack packet any time but it is suggested before you go to sleep (about 1 hour before) so that your body metabolism doesn't go into a fasting mode and you don't develop low blood sugar during the night.

You will be amazed at the amount of inches you will lose!! If that is your measuring stick you will be THRILLED nearly every week! Even on weeks where I have "gone up" a little I have always gone down in inches.

In case you haven't heard, this diet will mess with your hormones and interferes with your birth control so, unless you are ready for another, take extra precautions.

ALSO, during your first few days to a week on the plan, if the diet is absolutely too challenging and you are ABOUT TO CHEAT... reach for another IP.. (Ideal Protein) packet. You will be better off and still losing as long as you stay under 5 packets a day. Just focus on staying on plan and doing whatever you need to to not cheat. Getting past the first week is the hardest part. Getting past the second week makes everything easy.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Welcome and good luck! Sounds like your journey will be a little tough, but you can do it!
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #13  
Started IP 7/23/2012

Thanks Carla! My husband is working overseas right now, so no threat of getting pregnant! :-) that is actually the reason I am so commited, we want another one but we have fertility issues. It took 26 cycles and 2 rounds of clomid to conceive our son. We just said we would wait and start trying again when I was comfortable with my weight and off all meds. This really has been easier than I thought it would, but perhaps its because I have my gorgeous sons eyes to stare into every day reminding me why I am doing this. I baked him some organic potato fries and chicken for dinner with a side of grapes and didnt even think about having any of the potatoes.... and I am a potato ADDICT! lol! I couldn't believe it! I'm not nieve to the fact that the urge to cheat won't creep up on me, but I think having my husband gone for right now is helping the process in my head and the thought of cheating scares me. I want to be in great shape for my children and i want to feel good about myself again. You can only hear "you have such a pretty face" so often before you want to rip someones head off, ya know? I want to walk into a room comfortable with who i am. IP is a blessing for me in so many ways!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #14  

What is the best IP packet you have found so far?
I am not too crazy about the omelet or mushroom soup.
Mango drink was the best so far for me.
Not as hungry today-had more energy than day 1.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
Thanks Carla! My husband is working overseas right now, so no threat of getting pregnant! :-) that is actually the reason I am so commited, we want another one but we have fertility issues. It took 26 cycles and 2 rounds of clomid to conceive our son. We just said we would wait and start trying again when I was comfortable with my weight and off all meds. This really has been easier than I thought it would, but perhaps its because I have my gorgeous sons eyes to stare into every day reminding me why I am doing this. I baked him some organic potato fries and chicken for dinner with a side of grapes and didnt even think about having any of the potatoes.... and I am a potato ADDICT! lol! I couldn't believe it! I'm not nieve to the fact that the urge to cheat won't creep up on me, but I think having my husband gone for right now is helping the process in my head and the thought of cheating scares me. I want to be in great shape for my children and i want to feel good about myself again. You can only hear "you have such a pretty face" so often before you want to rip someones head off, ya know? I want to walk into a room comfortable with who i am. IP is a blessing for me in so many ways!
You have something in common with CW on our main chat. Her husband is also away for the next 4 months. Also, I think Sassy was saying she has PCOS and is hoping to have a baby in the future. Lots of common ground here!

If you LOVE potatoes read the forum for the turnip fries recipe! You may have a new favorite in your future.

I completely understand the "pretty face" comment. LOL... I told my dad the other day "why didn't people start telling me the truth along time ago. It's too bad all you have left is your pretty face! You need to find out what is causing you to gain so much." I wish I had known 20 years ago that I was destroying my body with all the carbs I ate. WHO KNEW!

Looking forward to chatting more over the next few weeks!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote