Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #1  
Kelly Renee

S/C/G: 210/201/160

Height: 5'7

Default Can't eat like I used to & thats a good thing!

So my son wantd Taco Bell for dinner...I ordered what I used to always order...thing is I couldn't even eat 1/2 of it...couldn't drink the soda I ordered either...too sweet. Came home and got a big ol' glass of water...so very proud of myself...
FatChiconaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good job!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

It's great that you didn't go ahead and eat it all because "it was there"...but I really have to ask...why was it there? lol You are a brave person to enter the gates of Taco Bell when trying to lose weight!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #4  
Kelly Renee

S/C/G: 210/201/160

Monday nights are really tough for us...I work a regular job from 9 - 5 and on Monday's I teach dance from 5:30 to 7:30 - when we leave I don't have time to make dinner so I allow my son to choose a restaurant...he chose Taco Bell...I chose well...I used to eat like 3 things AND drink a large Pepsi...not today...I found my control...that is a HUGE step for me.
FatChiconaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #5  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Lori Bell;I really have to ask...why was it there? lol
lolol. this is what i immediately thought tooooo. i dont dare enter taco bell!

Last edited by juliastl27; 05-17-2010 at 11:15 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I was just teasing you. It really is good that you didn't eat it all. I would have NEVER, (even today, right this minute) been able to throw 1/2 away. I'm weak when it comes to Taco Bell. I haven't entered one in over 2 years for that very reason!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Good for you for restraining. Maybe from now on when its Monday nights you can let your son choose the restaurant but give him a few options that he has to pick from. That way you wll know there are healthy options. I cannot think of one healthy thing at Taco Bell. Even McDonalds has some grilled chicken options you can order without the mayo and such.

Just a thought- and it would be good for your son too.

Good work though. I know how tough it can be, I am a junk food addict. Fast food mostly. I cannot start to eat fast food because if I do I will have it again the next day, and the next, and the next...

Last edited by i am still trying; 05-18-2010 at 10:46 PM.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #8  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Good job with the self control There are some decent options when you must eat fast food (and I'm the first one to admit, sometimes it's unavoidable). McDonalds has some low cal options, Subway is good, and even Taco Bell has the fresco menu. I suggest going online and finding a few options from each place that you can fit in your plan. Most are still loaded in sodium and aren't exactly "healthy," but they're at least lower in cals than the alternatives.

I personally haven't lost any taste or appetite for junk. I feel disgusted with myself if I eat it because I know how loaded in calories it is, but half my brain still really really wants it, and sometimes that half wins. I do get full much quicker, but if I let myself, I could still gorge on junk and enjoy every bite (minus the guilt).
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #9  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm actually going through a lot of that right now... and I just started!

I got a 6 inch chicken breast sub from subway... ate around half of it. And finished half of my soda. Had an hour and a half of horseback riding stuff... and then finished it. It's such a nice feeling... knowing that you don't HAVE to eat it. At least... that's how I'm feeling about it.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Congrats. I've nearly just started my journey, so I don't have that kind of power to just stop. I can't wait for the day when I can go to a fast food place and order a small coffee or something SMALL, by itself, no extra unnecessary fatty stuff. And if I do get my "regular", I could be able to give it away and stop when I'm full.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 05-18-2010 at 11:42 PM.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I needed to/still need to set myself up for success. And that meant not throwing needless temptation in my face. So I had to completely overhaul my lifestyle. COMPLETELY. Things we used to do as a family had to change. And it did mean saying no to eating out at most places. VERY strict with it, especially in the beginning as I was establishing new healthy eating habits. I'm fairly certain a newly recovering alcoholic wouldn't step foot in a bar! I mean I was so done being fat that I was willing to do whatever was necessary. I had to methodically figure out the *easiest* way for me to stay on plan as I weaned myself from the high calorie/high quantity food. Part of that meant preparing meals in advance and throwing them in the oven and letting them heat up for 1/2 hour if I were to get home late.

But yes,I agree that there are health-ier choices at certain restaurants than others. Maybe you can tell your son we can eat from here, here or here.

But even so, EVERY establishment sells DIET soda, not full sugar soda. So that would be the first thing to avoid - always. Make it a rule. An unbreakable rule.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote