Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #231 Bale of Turtles Doing Our Best!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I started this thread because our last one was running long. Go back and read #230 if you haven't had a chance because Lin had some interesting things to say and I posted my new lowest weight. :
Judy
234.6/191/189 and thinner
Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #3  

Lin- Good to hear your mom is out of the hospital. Sorry to hear you are dealing with so much stress right now.

Judy - Yay on the 1.2 pounds lost! You are so close to 180's. I am proud of you.

There are some disadvantages to checking my weight every morning but i am keeping on keepin on.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #4  
Chick

Cherry, you are down seven pounds!!!!! That's wonderful!. Last time I checked you tracker I noticed you were down five pounds. Weigh to go!

I'm planning on having a good day. I'm hoping to get on the boardwalk today although it's supposed to rain.

Have a great day, everyone and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Guys,
Pretty good weekend as far as food, but LIttle grandson broke his arm. I'm going to babysit tomorrow because he's not going to school. I'll have to go prepared with food again to keep on track. Haven't exercised as much as I'd like. It's tricky being good. LOL.
Juyd
Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - sorry to hear about your grandson, hope he has a speedy recovery.
Hope you can stay on track & keep focussed & you are so right - it is hard being good all the time.

I have been super busy up here. Was down 1.75# Wed night, so was very happy with that. Did more yardwork, then had a Jack & Jill Sat night & my gf came for dinner last night which was nice. In between got my trailer opened up & ready to go for another season. But was too wet to cut the grass, so that will hopefully be later in the week. My dd is going up there with friends for the upcoming long weekend & will stay at the house & get more yard work done there & then should be on top of things in both places.

Hope you all have a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit!!!! Weigh to go! What a great weight loss. :
That's a wonderful accomplishment. It's fun hearing how you've got the trailer set up and ready for another season. Wow-===that time flew.

I feel like this is the year for me to lose a big chunk of weight. I'd love to lose 8# between now and July 4th., so that's my goal. I've got to get on the right now and then I'll have my dinner. My food could have been better today-----but I didn't binge and now I'm going to write it down to see what I have left in points for dinner.

Keep on keepin' on, folks.
Judy
Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #8  

Bandit- 1.75 down, that is great! Do you do a lot of traveling?

Judy- Hope your grandson is doing better. Good to hear you have a plan to stay on points. Sounds like a good goal you set for 8 pounds.

weigh in this morning. My husband and i really overate a lot more than we should have, but tried to make up for it some on other days. Considering we did fairly well. We are both down 1 pound. Hoping for a better loss this next week.
1.) Really need to up the water
2.) Try to work around the emotional eating (find other ways to deal with emotions)
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #9  

Hi everyone:

Judy/Cherry - thanks for the congrats. Always nice to have support.

Cherry - I travel when I can, usually take some kind of trip mid-winter to get out of the cold up here. My trailer is only 1/2 hour from home but still fun to get away most weekends from May til Oct. We swim, have campfires and just try to relax when we are there.

Going to movies tonight with my ladies group to see Letters from Juliette - so will probably have popcorn for dinner, so just brought salad for lunch & no 3 pm snack.

Have a good one!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #10  
Chick

Cherry : You're cooking on all burners! Weigh to go! ;bravo: That's a great weight loss and you're going in the right direction!!!

Bandit, good planning for tonight with the movies. Sounds like fun. I'll hear later today how the appointment went with the orthopedist for my grandson.

Yesterday wasn't perfect, but I regrouped, counted out my points, and had a very light dinner that only put me over by 1 point. Pretty good, I'll say.

Tomorrow is WI and I've got my fingers crossed. Today has been great, but I didn't get to the boardwalk because of the rain. Will try to get on

Good luck everyone.
Judy
234.6/191/189 and closer to goal
Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm not a happy camper today. I am up .8# after having a very decent week. I've lost 3.2# this month so that's a good thing. I was hoping to break 190# today, but that didn't happen. Next week. As I checked my tracker to see what had happened, I saw that I had less exercise than usual (rain here) and I ate 30 of my 35 points-----where I usually don't eat any of them. That made a difference this week, so I have to make sure not to do that next week.

Wishing you all well. : to all of us. Tell us about something non-scale that made you feel good. For me, I got into a pair of size 16 pants ordered online from jcPenney. Not a plus size or anything..... Yay.

Judy
234.6/191.8/189 and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 05-19-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #12  

Hi turtles:

Judy, too bad about your gain but before you know it, it will be gone.

I was up 1# myself this week - guess the movie popcorn Tues night & chinese for lunch yesterday did me in.

And this weekend it is a long weekend with 2 bbq already planned with friends.
So will really have to make good choices

Have a great day
Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #13  
Chick

Bandit, you're so wise. Here's to making good choices!

We can do this.
Judy
234.6/191.8/189 and thinner
Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #14  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Judy!! LOOK at you, lady!! You are such an inspiration to me right now! Wow! You knocked off the weight you gained back, plus some more! Wow, wow, wow!! Wish you could see my face right now. What do you think is making the difference for you now?

Bandit, I'm always so jealous of your trips to the country. What a perfect summer thing to do!

Cherry, good to see you doing so well, too!

Lin, I'm so sorry about this stressful time with your mom. I know it's hard, really hard. We're entering into that phase with our parents now, too; Pop was in the hospital last week for his heart. Somehow we just have to do our best, given the circumstances, and take care of ourselves, too -- without using food to do it. {{HUGS}}

My eating has been mixed, exercise not so much. I'm still in the same size clothing, but some of it is tight -- and you know I hate tight clothes! Weight is pretty much holding right now. Not where I want to be by any means, but it could be worse. My goal at the VERY least is to not let it get worse! I'm aiming for baggy britches by July.

I find I do eat OP for the most part, then will eat one or two extra things here and there. Those add up and keep me from losing. So not heavy overeating, but not eating as little as I need to -- or moving as much as I need to!

Am enjoying working on the second gig a day or two a week; makes a nice change.

Well, must go out and enjoy this lovely day -- 80 degrees! Must get in some porch time before dark.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #15  

Hi turtles:

Nice to see you all chiming in when you get a chance.

Lauren - got a kick out of your "baggy britches" goal - think we can all use that to strive for.

OK ladies - I need some suggestions for bbq appetizer & side dishes. BBQ season has kicked in and always looking for something yummy to take.

Thanks