Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 02:30 PM   #1  
Catwoman

Question Negative calorie foods

Heard of Negative calorie foods? Think they work? Basically there are some foods that burn more calories during digestion then are in them. Brussell sprouts are one and the others are vegetables as well. The idea is if you have negative calorie foods with your main meal you will burn up more cals and lose weight faster. Also spicy foods like chillie are supposed to burn up extra cals. I know the difference isn't going to be that huge but I was wondering if you had heard of them and wether or not you'd bother choosing neg cal foods knowing they are giving your tummy a mini workout. I know I sometimes spice up my meals thinking this will heat up my metabolism and I'll burn even more.
If I snack on neg cal vegetables It's almost like I haven't eaten at all, or is it? Do you really believe they are true or is it just another diet myth?
Old 02-05-2003, 02:36 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I spice up my meals. I have seen that aspect to be true. As far as the negative calorie foods, I don't think I'd seek them out.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:06 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Not only do I think that it doesn't count, but I can't see making meals out of negative calorie foods like celery or grapefruit.

Even if it doesn't make a huge difference, the best negative calorie "food" that I've read is cold water. It supposedly burns (a tiny number of) calories when you drink cold water rather than room tempature water because your body must work harder to bring cold water to an absorbent tempature.

Not sure if it's true but it's a nice thought!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:49 PM   #4  
Searching

LOL! This stuff always makes me laugh.

Okay 1st who knows anyone who got fat eating big bowls of broccoli and celery? I try to get my veggies in just cause their low calorie bulk. I ate a can of green beans tonight 60 calories and 3.5 servings of veg. HMMM!

The water thing. Think about this. Room temp is about 70-75 F and the human body is 98.6 F so even if one is drinking tepid water your body has to warm it up. Plain 98.6 F water is gross. Weird huh?

Miss Chris
Old 02-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #5  

I don't know if it's true or not, but if you actually LIKE these foods, it can't hurt to make them part of your meal plan. Personally I like my beverages very cold (with ice) or hot and nothing in between. And I happen to like brocolli and celery so if they're 'negative calories', it's a bonus ... but I'd never eat them "just because" they're supposedly 'negative calories'.
Closed Thread