View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
yelliemom

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
My scale at home is slightly different from my official weigh in one, about 3-4lbs lighter at home. BUT, taking that into consideration, when I got on the scale this morning it said...wait for it...

Yep, that number begins with a 2!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!
Congrats! That is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
I posted this on the old thread just before it was closed.
Hello everyone!
I just want to say how great it is to read everyones progress and support here. My husband and I will be starting our IP on Tuesday.. I can't wait!!

I am new to the bords, but not new to weight loss. I was in WW for a long time and I started off strong. I lost 180lbs but after being on the program for 3 years, I fell off hard! over the past 4 years I have managed to gain 100 of those lbs back. My husbands co-worker is using IP with amazing results, I thought.. why not, all I have to loose is weight.

I look forward to reading everyones success and tips and I will try to share my journey as well.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day ..
Welcome! You will love IP! I think it's great that your husband is doing IP with you. My husband has been very supportive, but it would have been a little easier to have someone else in the same boat as me. My husband is actually toying with the idea of starting IP after seeing how great it's working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
WOAH !!! That's so great !!! Bravo!!!

Addy - Welcome !!

& to the 2 person that have answered me in the last thread (I don't remember, sorry, I'm so stupid sometimes ) THANK YOU!

I weighted this morning with my scale at home, and it say : 168 ! YAY, I'm under 170!

Someone said on the new thread that they have one item/week. I though it was 1/day ?
Congratulations on seeing the 160's on your scale! Don't those little milestones feel great?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
I am only breastfeeding 3 times a day (my girl is 17 months old). My coach knew about this, which is why I was told to take 4 packets a day. But, I have been wanting to wean her for a few months now so maybe now is the time! Time for me to get my body back, right?! I'm sure that will help with my mood, as well.
I tried to post a link for you but apparently I don't have enough posts yet so I'm not allowed The link I posted was from www dot kellymom dot com. I don't know if you're familiar with the site but there is tons and tons of great info on breastfeeding there. There is a section on nutrition for mom while nursing that I think will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
The more you pull yourself in and out of ketosis with the cheats on alcohol, crackers, bagels, rice, candy, sweet, cookies/pastries, or any other items, THE HARDER this diet is and THE WORSE you will feel. I don't wish to be mean but the truth is, you MUST be committed to doing this and getting it over with. Going in and out of ketosis is hard on your body chemistry and literally makes you feel horrible. If you can get started and stick with it the cravings will go away, the energy will go up, and you will feel GOOD!

I could not agree more with this statement. Commitment to good health and the protocol is key. Get rid of the alcohol and do whatever you have to do in order to do so!
I completely agree. Whatever your cheat triggers are, get rid of them. There are some things that I used to keep around the house, but don't anymore because it's too tempting. At first I felt a little bad about doing that because I told myself for a long time that I was buying those things for the kids, but I finally realized that if that junk isn't good for me than it most certainly isn't good for my kids either. Get rid of the temptations and refocus yourself. You can do this!

Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in. Last week was TOM and I only lost 2 lbs. I'm glad that I still had a loss, but I'm hoping this week shows a bigger loss. I wanted to be under 200 lbs when we visit family at the end of the month, and I think I'll be pretty close. What I'm most excited about though is that fact that my husband is really interested in starting IP. He's been very supportive since the beginning, but he was extremely skeptical. I don't blame him for being skeptical because I've tried several diets without success. My husband is seeing my successes though and I'm proving to him that this isn't yet another failed attempt. Not to mention he sees that I have so much more energy and don't feel crappy and rundown like I always did before. I'm praying that he'll take the plunge and start soon.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week with big losses and lots of NSVs!
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote