Old 05-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Restarting after months of MIA, at a higher weight then ever!

Some of you may recognize me. I started the weight loss journey on here almost a year ago. I lost about 30 pounds than dissappeared.

Since that time we've had our children in and out of dr's offices with a varied array of ailments which finally landed both of them in surgery to get tubes in their ears and one of them had their tonsils and anoids out. In addition to the health problems my kiddos were having I had to close my daycare. I couldn't opperate with the constant calling-off I had to keep doing. I've been working/fighting with the local school system over my son's spontaneous outbreak of behavioral problems we had NEVER encountered before, and my husband lost his job. Did I mention I stress eat?

Well, now both kiddos have remained out of the dr's office for sick visits and my husband has found a new job (though its pretty stressful for the whole family). The biggest blow to us though has been our son. He was diagnosed last month, at age 5, as autistic. He's high functioning (he speaks, has some social skills and displays emotional intellegence) but its given us a whole new set of obstacles but in a way the diagnosis is a blessing. We know now why he's had problems in school and the school is now forced to make the accomadations he needs.

So last night I stepped on the scale... and to my horror, 288 pounds. I weigh almost 300 pounds!! I'm 5'4!! I had known I had gained some weight. My back hurts, I've lost some endurance, and my clothes are getting unbearably tight, but last night is what freaked me out. I felt like I couldn't breath after I ate dinner last night. I've noticed it happen a couple of times and its not like I had scarffed down a huge amount of food. So I got on the scale last night and decided enough is enough.

So I'm back. I'll be taking small steps this time. So, hi to everyone!!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/253.8/160

Height: 5'2

welcome back and good luck to you
Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #3  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Welcome back.

You sure do have some challenges but none of should stop you from getting your body healthy!

I use a website called Autism Support Network and found it quite helpful (I have an Asperger's family member).

Good luck!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You have really had some tough times! I wish you the best in the upcoming months. And, welcome back! One step at a time is a good way to do this journey!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome back and don't despair - it is never too late to get back on track, and good for you for catching yourself now, before your weight got higher. It sounds like things have been really rough lately, and hopefully weight issues won't have to add to the load much longer
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #7  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Welcome back Tara! You've sure had a lot of stress in your life, but hopefully things will continue to get better.

Good luck with the small steps and changes you've decided to make; they do add up!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Welcome back. I just came back 3 1/2 weeks ago after being here last year and losing only 13 pounds. I too decided enough was enough! You can do it!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #9  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! Don't get too down on yourself, we all slip-up. I'm proud of you for catching it and taking the first steps. Good luck!
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am sorry to hear of your challenges. I am glad you've come back. We can never stop 'trying again'. The weight gain is in the past - now - you can move forward in livng with a healthy attitude.

Glad you posted.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back I remember you well! I'm sorry to hear about your kiddos and the job issues, but I'm glad things are looking up for you now!

I just came back two weeks ago!! I NEED this place, and I CAN NOT give up on it again!! I disappeared last Nov after losing 44 pounds.. I cam back having gained all but 1 of those pounds back. So yeah, I have learned my lesson!

Sick around, we both have learned first hand that on a bad day, this is the first place we should think to come.. not the fridge!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #12  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Welcome back! I look forward to journeying through weight loss with you.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #13  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Welcome back! You really have had so much to deal with. If you can get yourself back on plan, you will benefit from the feeling of accomplishment that comes by treating yourself well. In order to help your family, you must sometimes put your needs first. You might want to get a checkup with your doctor regarding being unable to breathe after eating. It could be related to anxiety.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #14  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

welcome back, Tara

that's really a serious load of stress (I'm a stress eater too). hang in there! one day at a time.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Wow...didn't occur to me. I will call the dr.

And thanks all.

Sommer (Findingfawn), OMG, I remember you too!! You were cruisin along with weightloss last time I saw you! I'm so sorry to hear about the regain!! But I'm happy your back!!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote