Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 11:06 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Feb 2!!!!

Good Morning All!!!!
Old 02-02-2003, 02:59 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning All!!

Whew, we've had a busy day today. We were out of the house by 9:30 and just got back now...2:53. We got our crib!! All of my info said that we would have to order it and it would take 6-8 weeks to get. It's on sale at Sears so I went to order it and they had ONE in stock!! So we bought it and put it in the garage until we are ready for it. I want to paint the room and have the carpet cleaned before we put furniture in.

Here's a link to a picture of it:

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=04934880000

Click on the picture and a bigger one comes up. If you click on the view more box and then Delta Collection it shows the whole group. I'm going to get the rest of the stuff from BRU 'cause they have it cheaper on a daily basis. I'm going to wait 'til the room is ready.

Hope everyone is out having a great day!!

Last edited by KarenK; 02-02-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:23 AM   #3  

Hi everyone,
Thanks Lauren and Jul for the thoughts. It is a really sad day here at Cape Canaveral. On my way to the gym this morning there were news vans everywhere. Thankfully it was dark and I couldn't see the Astronaut Memorial -- I knew I'd start crying if I did. There is a memorial being held on the Base at eleven that a bunch of us plan on going to. I'm worried about DH and so many of our friends that work on the shuttle program. Right now we don't know if there's going to be a mass layoff or what. Everyone is just waiting to see what NASA finds out. I've lived here for eleven years and I knew someday I would have to deal with another loss on the shuttle program but I never in a million years would have expected something as terrible as this. My heart just aches for the friends and families of those seven astronauts.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:15 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Liz- Hope neither of you get laid off. I'll be thinking about you all at 11:00.

Karen- I love the crib!! I wanted to get a convertible crib like that for Peter, but it didn't make sense right now, because I have a twin bed frame in my mom's basement from my brother when he was little, a real nice Bassett one, and I have DH's double bed frame also in my mom's basement! So we are going to use my brother and SIL's crib. If we have to stay here past the crib stage, then we'll probably get a toddler bed from somewhere, because we don't have room for a whole twin bed!
I really have to get moving on Peter's bedding, before I go back to work!! I think I'll make that a goal for next month...once we're on more of a schedule!

RR- Does it get easier to get on a schedule soon?? Last night at the in-law's, FIL kept telling us it takes 90 days to settle down and to sleep through the night. Now, obviously I know every baby is different, and he may sleep through sooner or later, but I feel like I can't even have a normal conversation with anyone!! In person is semi-normal, but I feel like I'm in a daze! On the phone is horrible, I really have to concentrate on listening, otherwise I zone out!! :blush:

Last night was pretty good. Think he must've been pooped from the visit at the IL's. DH sent me to bed at 9:30, (actually it was 8:30, but by the time I pumped, and got organized enough to go to bed (bottles, etc.), it was 9:30), and he came to bed with Peter at 11:30. He had just given him a bottle, so Peter didn't wake up again until 3 something. He had 2 oz. then, and at 7:00 this AM he had 4 oz.!! I've never seen him snarf that much down at once!! He had 1 oz., burped, and drank the rest! My little piggy!! He's been sleeping since about 8:00 now.

We went to Buy Buy Baby and got the Gerber bags, another small Avent bottle, nursing pads (Gerber, which are crap!), and some Avent breast shields that I want to try, so I can nurse him. Oh, and a couple Avent pacifiers that glow in the dark. Didn't know they glowed in the dark 'til we got him and I opened them, but I think he seems to like the "straight" shape better than the Nuk type, ya' know the slanted kind? I LOVE the Gerber bags already!! I used them last night and this AM, and it practically cut my time in half!! Much less agravation. I have to make a trip to Wal-Mart though, because at BBB, they were the same price, 6.99, as the Medela ones, and only have 5 more per box!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:19 AM   #5  

Liz--Sending thoughts and prayers your way to make it through the days ahead at work..I have watched it all weekend on tv and really feel for the families and friends of those 7 astronauts..We all should stop and pray for the familes..Keep us posted....

Karen--Nice bed!!! Did u get the natural wood color??? That is what I wanted but DH insisted on the dark but I am happy with it!! She has never even slept in her crib yet except for naps!!!

Lauren--Hope Petey is better! I put Kaylee down in her bed at 11pm last night and had to wake her up at 3 am to eat or I was too miserable to sleep!!! What a shame, that the baby sleeps but the breasts can wake mom up!!!!I took some great "laugh" pics yesterday..I will get dh to download for me to post!!!Stick with the same paciffier nipples as the bottle..Dont confuse him and possibly stop him from taking the breast again!!!

Have a great day!! Off to get Sesame Streetlive tickets for #2's birthday in March.They are comming on her bd and I thought it would be the easiest gift since she doesnt understand birthdays and such!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 02-03-2003 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:53 PM   #6  

Hi all,

Back from the three hour torture test. Honestly, don't those places realize that pg women need a comfy chair when they have to sit there for three hours. Oh, my aching butt!! I'm supposed to go back to the doctor next Wed. Hope they call when the test comes back. NJ doctors are on strike so I'm not sure how things are going to work. I thought that since I was off today I would work on finding a pediatrician. No dice. The offices are closed.

Liz: I'll keep you and the families in my thoughts and prayers. Hope things are as well as they can be right now.

Lauren: I'll have to make a note, Gerber bags and a Medela Pump In Style. I'll never keep all of this straight!! Hope things go well with nursing.

RR: I got the natural color. I really prefer natural to stained. The nursery is SO bare right now. I haven't heard from my friend about when she might be able to come and help. DH is away this weekend so it would have been a great time. Oh well, we'll see. Cool on Kaylee sleeping so well. I don't expect Alex to spend much time in the crib in the beginning. I'll probably mostly use the bassinet.

The dryer is buzzing so I gotta go. Have a great evening!!
Old 02-03-2003, 03:13 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

I stepped on the scale after my shower earlier and guess what?! I'm 3.5 lbs. over my pre-PG weight!! I'm very excited!! :cp I was afraid I'd have all this PG weight, plus all the existing weight to tackle!!

Karen- I know it stinks that the Drs. are striking this week. I couldn't get Peter his two week check-up because of it!! Thankfully they saw him early anyway. They are in the office seeing emergencies though. Keep in mind that a lot of Drs. won't, or can't take the time to have you interview them. The practice we chose doesn't. In the end, since we couldn't get a recommendation from anyone near by that we know, we just chose to pick someone on my insurance and just go to them. We figured any doctor is capable enough to check out our newborn to make sure he's OK. It's how well we get along with them that will decide if we stay, ya' know? (I'm basing this on a normal, healthy child, of course.) We can always switch later if we don't like them. We have 5 Drs. in this practice, and they came recommended by my MIL, who's a 4th grade teacher and knows them because she's taught a few of their kids. Also the cafe lady at DH's work brings her kids there. Anyway, we've met 3 of them, and dealt with one for the jaundice, and so far we like them. The head Dr. is really a nice, funny guy. Even commented on Petey's little Giants onesie!! My point is, don't stress yourself too much about it.

What a great day today is, can't believe I've had this much computer time!! He woke up at around 10, and I breast fed him with the new Avent nip shield, and it was OK, but he still seemed hungry, so I warmed a bottle. He drank 2.5 oz. of that and went to sleep. Woke up around noon and was awake for a bit, tried to BF on the other side, but he wasn't having it. Gave him a bottle, he drank about 2 oz., then went back down. He's sleeping in his bouncy seat now, but is starting to stir. I'll try BF'ing him again, thinking I may have to pump the side he doesn't like and let him BF the other side. Want to get back to BFing because I think it'll be easier for night time. I can't be bothered getting up to warm a bottle!! I do like the control of knowing how much he's eating though.

I really need to lay down and take a nap now. Wish he would wake up soon. Think I'll have to wake him up to feed him so I can nap! That sounds soo horrible!! But I know if I put my head down, he'll be up! Such is my life now...
Old 02-03-2003, 07:44 PM   #8  

Hi again,

Lauren: I wasn't planning on interviewing them, just wanted to talk to someone about what I needed to do. They were all patched through to their answering services. Hope you got your nap in.

I talked to a doula today and I am pretty sure that I am going to get one for delivery. That way I won't have the need to be "in charge" during delivery. I can feel like I'm being taken care of . Not that DH wouldn't do it, I'd just have to tell him every little thing to do.

Good night!!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:32 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen- I had thought about getting a doula, but I think DH would've been insulted. I'm glad I didn't, because he was really wonderful, a solid rock for me. I just wish I had actually completed and brought my birth plan with me. I procrastinated too long! If I had any doubts about my DH being able to make decisions, or handle the whole process, I definitely would've suggested one though! Hope you find someone good!!

I felt bad, yesterday was a fairly easy day, Peter slept pretty much all day inbetween feedings and short awake periods. Not too much fussiness, but I didn't get a darn thing done...besides 2 loads of laundry. I was a total bum. DH said don't worry about it, I'm tired, but I know that sympathy is gonna grow old quick! Last night was a good night, DH brought him to bed at midnight, after walking him for 45 min. because he was cranky. Gave him a bottle and changed him, he slept 'til 3:30, had a bottle and a wet diaper, then slept from about 4:15 to 6:30, got anohter bottle and a poopy/wet diaper. Now he's hanging out in his swing, think he may have fallen asleep.

His fussy time is definitely late evening. He's just miserable. I think he has gas then too, because he's just totally inconsolable, and I end up near tears because I can't quiet him. DH has been great, but I can see it wearing on him too, he gets short and cranky at night when he brings him to bed. Thank God we get a few hrs. usually before he wakes up again, so DH isn't totally suffering.

I've decided I like Huggies diapers better than Pampers. The Huggies definitely run smaller, but that's not an issue right now. I like the tabs on them better, they're wider and easier to grasp. I just finished the first pack of Pampers newborn, and dug into th Huggies newborn. I have been using them in the diaper bag, so he's been switching back and forth, but now it's just the Huggies. Next I have a package each, I think, of Size 1 Pampers and Huggies. My mom said one of the girls in her office bought me a package of newborn diapers as a present and when she saw the pic of Petey, she said Oh my goodness, I better take these back and get bigger ones!! My mom said, don't worry about it, he's not as big as he looks in person!! He's got such a tiny hiney!!

Well, I have learned my lesson and will be napping when he is sleeping today, not trying to get him to nap later this afternoon when I'm tired!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #10  

Hey guys.....thought I would pop in and say hi It has been a long time since I posted here, I do miss the support. I still keep in touch with some of you still here and some who no longer post. My name is Ellen and I used to post in 1999/2000 timeframe. I lost over 20 pounds then and am right back to square one. I recently got remarried to a wonderful man and feel like my life is finally on the right track I am doing low-carb now...is that ok here?

Congrats to all the new Mom's and Mom's to be!!

Ellen
171/167/125
Old 02-04-2003, 11:18 AM   #11  

Welcome Ellen!!!I remember U!!!!Some of us oldies are still here..Any diet is good....I am on the breast feeding eat whenever diet and my excercise is walking, lifting a 10lb weight to make it quit crying, swinging arms and the stroller~~~ Congrats on the wedding!!!
I am soo happy for u!!!

Lauren--Isnt it great!!! I told U not to weigh until now!!!Congrats!!Glad PEtey is better...Kaylee is soo restless and irritable from 8-11pm..Yesterday, she was irritable and running a low grade temp..I finally cried, hubby was walking her, she still screamed soo I laid next to her in the bed and held her tight and she felll asleep..They 2 hrs later, and every 2 hrs after that she woke up, ate and went back to sleep....Motherhood is soo hard!!!

Karen--Listen to Laurens birth advice..I didnt have a plan, didnt think of any plan,..just wanted baby her and forgot all that stuff..Pluss..i am a chicken!!!!Any news from your test?Keep us posted!!!

Have a good day all!!!Gotta go...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Vicki
Old 02-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #12  

Hello all!

Well I'm here. I've been sick with the crud for the past week & a half. Finally took Friday afternoon & yesterday off & spent the last 3 days just being a slug and getting almost nothing done, but I think I'm finally getting over it all.

Unfortunately, for me, being sick means not watching my eating and not exercising, so I'm way behind on my goals. I've been going up & down the past couple of weeks in weight, but I'm getting back on track today! We just started session again last week so I've got to get myself into a routine and back to good habits before it gets crazy around here so it will be easier for me to NOT come up with excuses to eat horribly and skip exercise!

Has anyone ever done the Leslie Sansone tapes? I bought a set of the "Walking Away the Pounds for Abs" at Sam's last week. It's got the 1 Mile, 2 Mile & 3 Mile tapes and a belt thing that goes around your waist with the rubber arm tension pulls on it (hope that makes SOME sense!). I haven't tried it yet because I've been so sick, but I plan on trying it tomorrow night (I've got tap class for exercise tonight). Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

Lauren - congrats on the weight! I'm glad Petey made it through the jaundice scare!

Liz - My thoughts & prayers are with you and everyone else involved in this tragedy.

Ellen - welcome back! I'm another one that was here a lot in 1999/2000 and I'm just starting to get back on track. I lost over 80# but I've let 20-25# come back over the past couple of years & I'm back to trying to get it gone for GOOD!

Hello to everyone else! Glad to hear the babies, pregnancies, and law school applications are going well!

LE
150.8/146.2/125
Old 02-04-2003, 02:24 PM   #13  

hi all.

Just a quick post. I'm glad to be back home. I stayed op while I was gone and journaled everything. This morning I weighed exactly the same as when I left, so I'm proud of myself for handling this trip well.

Liz - You have been on my mind since I heard of the tragedy. My prayers are with you all.

More later.

Rabbit
op since 1/20/03
Old 02-04-2003, 05:04 PM   #14  
LBH

hi all,

typing one-handed...

ellen!!- welcome back!! im only a couple lbs. below where i started in feb '99, so we're all in this together!

le- glad you're feeling better.

ok this isn't working...see 'ya!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:28 PM   #15  

Hi all,

Just got back from dinner at MIL's. Since I was sick a couple weeks ago she has been making dinner for us a lot. Sure is better than me coming home and cooking!!

LE: Glad you are feeling better. It really sucks to be sick.

Ellen: Welcome back.

Lauren: One handed typing doesn't work huh? I have made definite plans with the doula. We are meeting on the 2nd of March for a consultation and she is going to do our childbirth class. I will be over 30 weeks then .

RR: My only birth plan is to get through it without killing DH!!

Gonna go watch Kate & Leopold. Have a great evening!!
Closed Thread