South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Wednesday Warbling

Yes, I have birds on the brain And is it really only Wednesday? Off to get another cup of coffee. Can I pour anyone else one?

Ah, that's better. This does feel like a very slow week. Maybe it's just the countdown to vacation. Today is my BF's birthday and the start of my favorite 4 weeks of the year. For the next 4 weeks she will be older than me and I will harass her every day. It's not easy being my friend

Nothing too exciting happening around here today. I'm still 80% on plan but 20% off. I'm focusing on fitness goals for summer and not stressing those last 3 lbs. Still waiting for the day it gets easy

What's on your agenda this hump day? Pour yourself a cup of coffee, tea, or water and chat for a few before tackling that hump. It's a nice way to start the day

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-12-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cyndi! I actually have a minute to check in today so I thought I'd take advantage of it. In reality, I still have to vacuum the kids' rooms, but I am giving myself a little extra time because I let my friend borrow my vacuum and she just brought it back so I didn't vacuum when I cleaned the rest of the rooms earlier.

I've been doing OK staying on plan but not fantastic. This week I've been working on getting exercise back into my routine. After the two back-to-back vacations, I was off my regular schedule and it's been hard to get things back in place. I went for a run on Monday and did my yoga class yesterday and I just got back from a run today. Next week I'm going to work on getting my water all in every day (I've been down to about 32 ounces a day instead of my normal 64) and then after that I'm going to focus on food.

Tom leaves Friday for two weeks. At least it's only two weeks. I'm hoping it goes fast.

Better get a shower and do the vacuuming before Connor gets home. I have to tutor this afternoon and then we're off to martial arts for the girls and baseball practice for Connor.

Have a good Wednesday, all!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll join you with my coffee, Cyndi! I got up early to get the laundry started and take the rest of the trash out to curb (that Jake forgot).

Whatever birds are around here must be trying to stay warm and dry. We got some pretty heavy rain during the night, and it's going to hang around most of the day today. I'm spending this morning with Richard's parents, doing odd-jobs for them, and I always enjoy that. Hopefully, Audrey is feeling better, as she was home with an upset stomach yesterday and slept most of the day, so it was pretty boring for me. Then, I gained a few more grey hairs while I was waiting for Maggie's school bus. The bus is supposed to leave her off at 4:15, and by 4:30 it still hadn't arrived, and I was getting pretty worried. I finally called the school and found out there had been an accident, (not involving the bus!), but the road had to be cleared before the bus could get by it. The girls hardly ever ride the bus home, and the one time they do, there's an incident that makes them late, lol!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #4  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Cyndi!! I've drank my two cups of tea already, so I'll pass on the coffee right now.

Anyone else have trouble with this time of year? It's gotten to the point where I dread May!! I woke up at 4 am today (I think it was a hot flash) and knew I wasn't getting back to sleep so I graded for an hour before breakfast. The end of school (June 8th) just can't come soon enough! I'm trying to get caught up enough on my "other job" (I'm a grader for International Baccalaurete) that I can go to the senior celebration on Thursday. So far it looks like I just might make it.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon, Kara, and Good morning, Francis!

Kara, it's nice to hear from you! It sounds like pregnancy isn't slowing you down any!

Francis, I'm sorry you're having trouble this time of the year. I love Spring, and especially the month of May. Kids around here don't start their summer vacations until around the 18th or so, as they have lots of snow days to make up.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Cyndi, AKA Bird Brain. It does seem like a slow week. I've been working on those fitness goals, too. I hope your day actually turns up uneventful...I hate those sneaky suprises!

Kara, Thanks for dropping in!

Linda, I hope those veggies are sucking in the water! I'm wondering if it's supposed to keep raining....

Frances, really hot weather always bugs me...makes it harder to sleep. It's still cool here, but hot is coming soon. I tried to get caught up on paperwork this AM, too.

Kelly, Sorry I don't get back to say hi...Thanks for sweet comments on my pic-it's the first one I've liked for years. How is Bender doing? Better, it wounds.

KatehSparrow, great job cleaning closets! I find it hard to get rid of stuff, too.

I've been working on my rescue paperwork and getting some stuff done in the office, too. We didn't plant yesterday due to high wind and I'm hoping to get to it early this morning. Pool is on the agenda...just don't know when. I started some SF rhubarb jam much earlier and had almost forgotten...need to finish it....maybe Karas Beany Brownies, too. I'm out of an evening sweet snack. Think I'll rouse Bing first and check the great outdoors!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great title, Cyndi. What kind of warbler are we to be today?

Great excuse to not vacuum, Kara, but I'm sure you'll get to it. We're glad you got a chance to pop in. I hope Tom's two week stint goes fast for you.

Cottage, that late bus would really have had me worried too. Give both my girlies a hug and tell "Oderiah" to get better fast.

Frances, I found May difficult when I was teaching. The kids and I wanted to be outside and the curriculum was winding down. Are you counting the "sleeps" until June 8?

The Dog Alarm went off at 6 which was good since I was awake in the night for several hours. I've mislaid a couple of things - a cheque, my passport and an envelope of American money. These niggles always seem worse at 1 AM! I'm sure they'll show up after a good desk tidying.

The Doggage did OK at the vet yesterday - vaccinations and heartworm tests. Disney is not way overweight - she's actually down a pound from last spring. I still want her slimmed down a bit so have been spending mealtimes with them supervising. D. gulps her food, Jazz is picky and removed it bit by bit onto the floor, sniffs and eats it bit by bit! So I sit and sip coffee and pet Miss Diz. until Mr Picky is finished. It's actually a good way to start the day.

Gardening this morning (after plant migration) and then another Pet Therapy session at one. The rest of the afternoon will be spent tidying the basement a bit as tomorrow a bunch of guys come to "get the furnace and tank up to standard". Grrr! They installed it ten years ago but the rules have changed.

The furnace just came on so it's time to get dressed and start the day. I'm not wearing a warm robe and it's chilly. Shhhhh about the snow. We didn't get any last night but it sure was cold. Frost on the meadow again.

Let's warble with no wobbles this Wednesday.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Let's warble with no wobbles this Wednesday.
Good morning, Ruth! Sounds like a great plan! I just turned the furnace on...chilly here, too. Have fun at pet therapy. I haven't decided if I'll evaluate Bing on Saturday-I went through the testing with him and found he's great on all counts but "lie down". He doesn't seem to get it, and my tries are not very successful. I've never had a dog who is so close to the ground...it seemed much easier with my big doggies...oh well..I'll do more reading and keep working on it.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm fresh as a daisy and the vacuuming is done. Yay!

Linda, I would have been beside myself about the bus, too! I'm glad everything was OK!

Frances, I'm sorry things are troublesome for you! I always forget that schools are about to finish up. Connor doesn't get out until July! Good luck with the last couple weeks.

Debbie, I hope your planting goes well this morning! I need to make a batch of those brownies, too, but I used all my beans for soup last week so a trip to the store is in order first.

Ruth, we just misplaced a library book and then found it in the camera backpack! Maybe your money and passport are with your camera?

Oh, there's Connor at the door. Time to get the afternoon in full swing!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll check it out, Kara.

Debbie, we simul-posted, I guess. Jazz just does not understand "down stay". He's close to the ground too. Maybe smaller dogs figure they are nearly down anyhow. Luckily "down stay" is "sit stay" in the evaluation process for pet therapy although he still needs to learn it.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Cyndi - I love that! Enjoy torturing your friend. I am waiting for the day it gets easy too. Does it?

Kara - I've missed you. Wondered if you were feeling okay.

Linda - I am glad to hear that the bus incident wasn't with the bus itself. Scary.

FCM - Interesting... we don't have IB here, just AP. My son is done in 2 and a half weeks.

Debbie - I've have not tried those brownies yet and think, after overeating the snack cake, that I should not

Ruth - Our dog used to drop hers on the floor before she ate it too. It drove me crazy to have to clean up the mess she left.

Kate and Kelly - Hi from me too. I need to get back later in the day more to check in. Maybe that instead of snacking!

Working out with my mom today. Our schedule has been screwy lately. Then getting my hair done. Lots of gray peeking through. DS has another AP exam this morning, his last. Time is flying by to the end of the school year here.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #12  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Kara, it was great to see your posts this morning. It was great to see everyone else's posts, too...

It's chilly here this morning but I'm loving early morning walks. That's my favorite part of the summer and school vacations - being able to walk first thing in the morning. I'll really miss it when I head back to school on Monday. Lots to do here today, there's so much I want to get done before I head back to Maine. I suppose I'd better log off and get busy.

Enjoy your Wednesday.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I should be turning on the heat too, but I'm too frugal and lazy, so I have a blanket wrapped around me.

Good morning to everyone! A few minutes to pop in. Made the few lunches, laundry in the machine, and the dog is acting like a fool in the backyard (thank goodness for the invisible fence!). It is a miserable morning out, and I'm looking forward to seeing that yellow ball thing that hangs in the sky sometime.

Have a great one!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon everyone!

Kara-- Haven't seen you around in awhile, didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations! Hope your day goes smoothly.

Debbie-- Cleaning closets definitely takes a lot out of you. Phew. That was a lot of work!

Karen -- Hi! Maybe I just need to wake up/check in earlier! I definitely need to get back on some sort of schedule.

The room is officially cleaned out, but now its time to unpack! Put all my clothes back in my dresser but I have a bunch of other stuff that needs to be put away. Its kinda nice to have something to do because most of my friends aren't home yet. Also working on draping a dress as we speak.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #15  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone!!!

Just a quick fly by from me as I have roughly 20 or so pages to write for a 2 different research papers! Hopefully I can make some real progress and go for an afternoon walk with Stephanie and Andrea before Chemistry class tonight at 6. Debbie, Bender is doing much better, thank you for asking. Hopefully when his antibiotics are done whatever infection he had will not return! Karen, I think it would definitely be a better idea to hang out around here rather than snacking! Kara, I love your preggo ticker! Too cute! All of you in the cold, stay warm!!

Well I must go dig through the online encyclopedias for info on whaling and rain forest plants that help cancer patients! Wish me luck and speedy research!!
Closed Thread