Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

when I work out , especially with weights. I get so discouraged because my weight goes UP. what you can't see, is that even though your weight is being stalled, your fat is MOST likely BEING replaced by muscle...and there will be water retention as muscles repair from being broken down. I also start bloating at ovulation as well as getting constipated. so alot of retention going on there.

how are your clothes fitting? do they fit better? the same? tighter. let that be your motivation while you are not dropping the weight, which what you have posted sounds terrific!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #17  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree with beby32. I find that I get all sorts of frustrated that the scale "isn't moving" from week to week... so I finally put it away, and am determined to weigh/measure monthly instead. My focus is more on WHAT I'm doing -- my food plan, my glucose, my exercise, how I'm feeling -- and less on the scale result. It's been quite freeing!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #18  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I think you are doing great, hang in there and don't ever give up on yourself and your health
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I noticed that the past week, after basically cutting my calories in half, drink 2-3 liters of water a day AND doing something active everyday, I didn't lose any weight...it was a sort of discouraging beginning. Hopefully once my TOM is over, it'll show atleast a pound or two lost.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 300/264/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks again for all the support! I wasn't able to get online last night, so I'm reading through all the replies as I watch Biggest Loser.

Regarding it being issues related to my time of the month, I hadn't thought much about that. I've been off my pill for a few months and just got started back recently, so maybe that will help me see some difference as that time rolls around.

I know I'm getting enough water, because I drink a minimum of 100 ounces a day. I might be going too low on my calories though, since some days I don't even quite hit 1400. It might be worth tweaking that.

I've had a couple rough days, but I'm not giving up. The scale issue is a big one for me, but I'm determined to keep plugging away at it. Right now, my biggest issue is exercise, since I'm having some leg pain that I can't seem to get to go away. I've been checked, and the Dr. said that it's just my muscles not being used to all the walking and I have to get them used to it. At this point I've been walking for an hour at a time, 5 days a week and the pain is still just as bad as the first day. That's so frustrating!

But...as I said... I'm not giving up!!

Thanks so much everyone.
Your support has meant so very much to me!
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote