View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #15
angelskeep

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a hard time with this one too. I don't think I can tell the difference between being hungry and just having a desire to eat. My solution is to try to spread out my calories over the course of the day, not waiting too long between bits of food, and knowing cognitively that I just had some healthy food so I can't really need to eat again so soon. I have the hardest time in the evening, so I always make sure I have enough calories for a protein/carb snack that is pre-planned. If I didn't do that, I think I would run through the food like a vacuum cleaner, just sucking up bits of this, that and the other, which all add up quickly to huge amounts of calories.

I think that the only thing that keeps me going is knowing my eating patterns and working with them instead of trying to force myself to go against the grain. I don't think it matters when I eat as long as the food is (mostly) healthy and the total in is less that the total used. I can't rely on *hunger* or on a schedule, so I try to eat frequently and just wing it. So far it's working for me.

Barb

GOTTA GET OUTTA THE 180'S THIS TIME!
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote