View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #50
naynai0428

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
I am on day one of my new lifestyle change. I have 50 pounds to lose.

Started this morning with the Banana-Pineapple shake, wasn't delicious but ok.

Lunch was the chocolate pudding, again not delicious but I can see adding some ice and putting it in blender and it might be alright.

I also made a huge bowl of salad for lunch, and couldn't finish it. Celery, cucumbers, mushrooms and romaine lettuce.

I did find that I had to munch on some lettuce between breakfast and lunch. But I don't know if I was hungry , or worried about being hungry. YKWIM.

so my first day questions are .....

Supplements, took my vitamins, iron pill, and cal-mag this morning. It kept coming back at me all morning. I could taste the capsules (at least that's what I think it was). Anyone else have this, or maybe I took too long to swallow them.

Veggies - I know you can have two cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. Can I spread it around more than that, have say 1/2 cup morning snack, then lunch, then afternoon snack then dinner.

I see some of you using splenda, my coach has said no sweeteners at all. He said 1 ounce of milk in coffee or tea in the morning. but I need sugar, so my chooses are not drink it at all, or use a sweeter. What do you do.

So looking forward to my real food tonight, chicken with shredded broccolie, cauliflower, asparagus tossed in olive oil and a little garlic and rosemary down under the broiler.

Of course I will be staring at the lasagna, and leftover birthday cake for my husband yesterday. Thankfully there is only enough to feed hubby and the kids so I have no choice but to eat the chicken.

Water so far isn't hard, I find I'm actually thirsty, so its only 1:00 here and I'm already 6 500ml bottles into the day, shouldn't be a problem get the right amount in.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kim

Yea, I started today too and have about the same amount of weight to lose. I thought I needed to lose 44lbs but I'd still be overweight according to the BMI so if I make it 50 I just make it under
So I'm not in love with the packets either I think I'll have to play around with how much water to add and I need to buy a blender. LOL, I swear me and you had the same day, I couldn't finish my salad and I kept having a vitamin aftertaste come and go too I know I'm going to have to get more creative with my meal selections and step outside of my comfort zone with the vegetables I eat. I tried to mash my cauliflower, but it came out more like rice but was still good. Today wasn't too bad, I got a box of Fannie May Pixies for Mother's Day and I had to tell my BF to hide them...lol Well good luck Canadian Mama we can do it!!

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."