View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #42
HopefulTricia
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Ok smack me for not paying attention but what book are you all talking about?
Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. I highly recommend this book. It's quite fascinating actually.
Behaviors that you have been doing for years and not really understanding, she explains so clearly. How many of us are just wishing our lives away waiting to lose weight to
accomplish our goals?? And I just found the guidelines she keeps talking about in the book on the very last page. P. 211. Eat when you are hungry. Eat sitting down. Eat without distractions. Eat what your body wants. Eat until you are satisfied. Eat in full view of others. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure. You really need to read the descriptions to understand what some of these guidelines really mean. None of these guidelines mean go binge and have a free for all although we might read them that way! I think she'll discuss the book on Oprah on Wednesday.
HockeyMom-- quoting from page 161. "When I first realized how simple it was to end the compulsion with food -- eat what your body wants when you're hungry, stop when you've had enough--I felt as if I had popped out of life as I knew it and suddenly found myself in another galaxy. As if I'd been trying to slog through quicksand with lead boots and was now soaring in a world where gravity didn't exist, and all I did - all there ever was to do--was take off the damn boots."
This chapter really resonated with ME!!!
P.163"Freedom from obsession is not about something you do; it's about knowing who you are. It's about recognizing what sustains you and what exhausts you. What you love and what you think you love because you believe you can't have it."
Oh gosh -- you could just go on quoting this book forever....

Last edited by HopefulTricia : 05-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.