View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #27
showgirlaz

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
today I am really jumping from here to there and googling alot to try and figure out how to boost the weight loss. Have come up with many theories that I want to try out.

I do have a question though and that is about caffeine intake; I at minimum drink 3 cups of coffee in the morning as soon as I wake up. I have it black with nothing added. Here is my question: could it be that the large dose of caffeine intake is stimulating insulin production? basically am I sobotaging myself every single morning?

Also, I found out that FDA's problem with IDP food is that they use Cyclamate as a sweetner. This sweetner does not have approval by FDA and will probably never have it, even though it is approved in 55 other countries incluing Canada. Does anyone else have problem getting their IDP food? right now my place is pretty much empty of food except for the chips/bars/soups/some drink mixes; none of which I like to have.

thanks a bunch.
Yes, caffeine can stall some people as it can cause a pancreatic response. Only you can tell if it is happening for you. You might try to cut the caffeine down to 1 cup or out for a week and see if there are any changes. I have about 4 cups per week total so, I can't really say I have noticed much impact.

I have no issues getting food.

I would be interested in where you found the information about the FDA, Ideal protein, and cyclamate. It is true that Abbot labs has a petition with the FDA that is for cyclamate and is being held up for deficiencies on the petition. I can't find any other information. Also, from reading the boxes and the ideal protein website, none of the products I have seen show any cyclamate (sodium cyclamate) in them.

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...