Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina
sounds yummy! would you mind sharing the recipe?
of course not! It was my splurge for the week, I just made regular mint juleps with Splenda instead of sugar, and made enough for 4 of us (2 each.) Here's the recipe i used:
* 2 cups water
* 2 cups granulated (measurable) splenda
* 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
* 32 fluid ounces Kentucky bourbon (we used Jack Daniels)
* 8 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish
1. Combine water, sugar and chopped mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow syrup to cool, approximately 1 hour. Pour syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves
2. Fill eight cups or frozen goblets with crushed ice and pour 4 ounces of bourbon and 1/4 cup mint syrup in each. (Proportions can be adjusted depending on each person's sweet tooth). Top each cup with a mint sprig.