Old 05-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Something is wrong!

My BS was 225 and I haven't eaten yet!I have a dull ache around the Kidney area,so am wondering if I may have an undiagnosed and Symptomless (other than ache) Kidney Infection.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

225???????? Oh, honey...maybe get yourself to ER?
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #3  
Woman on mission!

ALEKS,
Going to ER is useless.Already been there once with a BS of 256.All they did was an Arterial Blood Gas to rule out Diabetic Ketoacidosis.BS dropped to 191 before leaving.I believe Stress is kicking my Butt and keeping my numbers high.NOTHING ever goes smoothly for me!Last Night,I went out to my Car to Drive uptown.Car wouldn't unlock or start,so now I have another worry to add to my 50 mile high list!!It's the Weekend,Mother's Day Weekend and everything is closed until Monday.I have nobody who will come and jump start my Car.I'm so sick of this Car!Haven't had it 1 Year and I've put a couple hundred Dollars in it.Just had a new Battery put in less than 3 Month's ago.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_Butt View Post
ALEKS,
Going to ER is useless.Already been there once with a BS of 256.All they did was an Arterial Blood Gas to rule out Diabetic Ketoacidosis.BS dropped to 191 before leaving.I believe Stress is kicking my Butt and keeping my numbers high.NOTHING ever goes smoothly for me!Last Night,I went out to my Car to Drive uptown.Car wouldn't unlock or start,so now I have another worry to add to my 50 mile high list!!It's the Weekend,Mother's Day Weekend and everything is closed until Monday.I have nobody who will come and jump start my Car.I'm so sick of this Car!Haven't had it 1 Year and I've put a couple hundred Dollars in it.Just had a new Battery put in less than 3 Month's ago.
Sorry you are going through so much crap right now. It's hard to focus sometimes with everything going on...but keep your chin up. THings will look up soon, and once you really focus on yourself, it's easier to make lemonade with those lemons you're handed!

What is your normal blood sugar in the morning, because I've NEVER heard anyone's blood sugar that high. I have a client who occassionaly has blood sugars in the 30s (her norm is about 16) and that seems high...so I'm just shocked!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #5  
Woman on mission!

ALEKS,
I am going through so much crap right now,I could write a Book!I am stubborn and never give up.My FBS usually runs in the 120s or low 100s..since learning I have Blood Sugar issues in August '08,I've had only 2 readings in the 80s..an 87 and 85..both were non-FBS..
Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

ALEKS: are you Canadian? we use a different system for blood glucose.
You divide the American units by 18 to get to ours.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

That is only 12.5 mmol

I wouldn't go to the ER with a sugar like that. I only go to the ER if I have an insanely high sugar AND find ketones by testing my urine at home.

It is a waste of money. For me, I get to take an insulin shot and sit out for awhile, testing every hour until I'm back to a decent range.

I had a low (2.8 mmol or 50 usa) and had an eating fit. I couldn't stop stuffing my face with anything I could get my hands on. Gummy bears.

I woke up this morning feeling higher than a kite at around 3.30am. I tested for ketones, negative and when I woke up at 7:45am, I tested at 16.3, which is just under 300.

If I had a number like that WITH ketones, I would've had DH drive me to the ER. Otherwise, I just take these times as a blip in my control. Blips will happen, it is our job to make sure they don't happen often!

Good luck, I hope you don't have an infection!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #8  
Woman on mission!

Casandra,
I once had a BS of 393 and didn't go to Emergency.I called a Nurses line and talked with a Registered Nurse.I was doing what needed done to lower,drinking lots of Water,but she told me 2 things that was cause for concern..1) Don't take Ibuprofen,because the Blood is thicker when BS is high and 2) Don't Exercise..another Nurse whose Type II told me differently.I called my Pharmacy and can buy Ketone Test Strips OTC for US$6.52,which is in my price range!I honestly believe there are many things that can alter our BS.Example: When our Body doesn't get the sleep/rest it needs,it can have a profound affect on our BS.I slept a lot Yesterday,and last Night my BS was significantly lower than it has been in 52 Day's.Hopefully you are feeling much better now and your Blood Sugar is more desirable,I hope so!