View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #118
BevS

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
BevS You have been incredible on this program, as well as real help to others. You should be pleased with yourself for getting right back on track. A little cheat won't set you back after all this time, and may have been a good reminder what the ol' sugar train can do.
Atta girl!!!!
Thanks for the kudos. I really appreciate your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
BEVS- Just reading your post and was interested to hear that when you had only a small slice of cake and one scoop of frozen yogurt that you had joint pains.
Now my BIG QUESTION is: I have a friend that has rheumatoid arthritis in her toes, ankles, hips, shoulders, she is very bad.. Do you think if she went on IP that it would help her AR pain?? I am going to see her next week (haven't seen her since i started IP-she doesn't know) and I am sure she will ask me what I have done to lose weight!!! I would like to tell her that aside from the weight lose it might help her rheumatoid arthritis!!!
Thanks to anyone who could help me on this.
I have osteoarthritis so I really couldn't say for sure. But I bet it would help. Another thing that has been helped for me is I haven't had GERD since I started the diet (not even last night). I was suffering most nights with it before to the point of vomiting up black bile in the middle of the night on some occasions. (Sorry if that's too much information.) I was really starting to worry about getting esophageal cancer from the damage being done so I had started taking ranitidine every night, but that can lead to your not digesting your food properly, which leads to a whole new set of problems. Now I'm only taking my vitamin supplements and my thyroid medication. I just got my thyroid retested and am curious to find out if my levels have changed. Oh, yeah, my rosacea and acne have completely cleared up since I started the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
regarding veggies: it's getting easier for me as my hubby is making them into things so we don't have to eat them (or look at them) in a big 2 cup pile...pretty intimidating. Last night we had cauliflower "greek rice". Chopped it raw in the food processor, to about rice size. Roasted on a cookie sheet for a bit, then tossed in a combination of olive oil, lemon juice and thyme. Along with a big greek salad and chicken breast marinated in lemon and oregano. And a couple days ago he made cream of broccoli soup: 3 bunches of broccoli, 2 chicken IP packs, a little non-fat chicken broth, green onions, some spices. Now the problem with that one is that we are only to have 2 cups pre-cooked (which is to my estimate only about 1 cup of the soup) and it's so good I want more!

Bev and Journeysend: my sister had lots of problems with arthritis and it turned out to be gluten and nightshades, which is all cut out of our diets (I think?) at this point. So it could be the flour in the cake that got you, and not (just) the sugar. I admire you for only having the small slice...If I started with a small piece, I would end with eating a LOT more, so good for you!
Wow! Your husband cooks for you! And the recipes sound delicious. Lucky!

You may be right about the gluten. I have continued to eat tomatoes, green peppers, and paprika on this diet without arthritis pain so I probably don't have a nightshade problem. I have a couple of friends who are trying to go gluten free, and they say their arthritis is much improved. It may well be the gluten and not the sugar. Or it may be a combination of the two.