View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #117
Medicyn

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

It takes alot of time to catch up with this group! I just finished 7 days of call and things were better. I appreciate all the advice on how to spread things out to cover long shifts in the hospital. Congratulations to everyone, although it sounds like some challenges, the success is incredible!

I would personally shout from the mountain tops the difference this diet has made with my arthiritis. I have psoriatic arthiritis, another form of auto immune arthiritis. I get Remicaid infusions every 6 weeks and methotrexate because of the inflamation in my hands and right hip. Although I have only been on the diet 3 weeks, I have found myself waking up with my hands almost normal size and minimal pain in my hip. (It actually only hurts when I lay down.) I just saw my rheumatologist this AM and she could not believe how great my right hand looked. (And I am down 16lbs since I saw her last, but official WI tomorrow!!!) I truly think it is a compination of the diet and just getting the weight off.... if your friend is interested, I would be more than happy to share my experiece. I know the frustration she feels.

So, now I have to confess to my HUGE cheat. I drank a 16oz Diet Soda. I was dying and needed the caffeine to survive.... what kind of redemption should I seek? Will I see a major setback?

CW - I can not wait to hear her husbands reaction! I have thought about her for the past several days and can not imagine how excited her family has been!

Thanks for all the support!