Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile IP Chat Week of May 3 - May 9

Here is the new thread for the week. Here is the link to last week's!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...6-may-2-a.html

Last edited by babs181; 05-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning friends! I had a self-proclaimed "no computer" weekend, it was great but now I have a little catching up to do.

I had the Cappacino today for the first time - WOW did I like that! Time to get more of those! We travelled on Saturday, I packed a cooler with my IP veggies and drinks and it went well for the most part - except lunch at Ruby Tuesday. I had salad bar, and did fine until I got to the salad that has broccoli, cheese, bacon, and some sort of light mayonnaise-type dressing on it. *sigh*. Sunday was a hard day for me, too - the weather here was overcast and cool and windy, just felt like munching all day even though I wasn't hungry. I ended up at the gym, walking on the treadmill for an hour.

I'm reading Women, Food and God - very interesting book. I've started thinking about my goal weight, and maintenance. Quite frankly, I'm a little freaked out about it - especially when we were grocery shopping yesterday and I looked at "forbidden foods" and thought, "I could easily snap and binge like a mad woman." My oldest son is causing a little stress in our lives right now - it all clicked when I read a few chapters in my book last night. Thankfully yesterday was a 100% IP day, and I'm working hard at putting my fears to rest.

Sorry for the long ramble. Hope you are all doing marvelously! I'm aiming for the 180's this week, please scale Gods be nice to me. Cleaned out my closet - wowzers, 3 large garbage bags of clothing that no longer fit. What a great feeling! OK I'm done rambling now - off to try to catch up.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #3  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Woohoo Sassy!!! Way to go. Congrats.
HockeyMom2...Don't you just love cleaning out the closet. Mine is looking pretty bare.....can't wait to get some new "little" clothes!!
Did the Rocket Fuel yesterday. I gained 3 oz. this morning. LOL I'm pretty sure it was water, but I'm a daily weigher so....we will see what it looks like over the next couple days. As a daily weigher, I don't freak out about my weigh in each day. I go by my "official" weigh in each week. Just like to see the scale move!!! Still hoping for the 160's this week. That will put me within a couple pounds of my DH. Can't wait!!!
CW....I'm thinking about you this week. Even if you don't post since I know you will be otherwise occupied.....have a great time with hubby!!!!
jordana....how's your computer? I miss you.
Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
I made it, to the gym, spin class this morning, and wouldn't you know it, of the 5-6 instructors that rotate in, this was one of the hardest, incorporates arm strengthening exercises into the spinning, tomorrow I'll either do some free weights on my own, or head to another location that has a pool to swim (there are four locations for my local gym, only one with a pool) Wed-Fri there are morning classes. I'm pumped, feeling good, and ready to go today!!!
Good girl!

I logged in to make sure you had gone ;-)
Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #5  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I was feeling a little discouraged yesterday because I weighed in the morning and weighed the exact same as 4 days earlier To my surprise this morning, my period started! So that explained why the scale hadn't moved and why I wanted to cheat (but didn't) very badly this week.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #6  

Hey everyone, weighed in this morning and I was down 2.3 which I'm happy with but I wanted to do 60 lbs in 15 weeks and I'm 0.6 lbs shy of that...oh well.

Congrats Sassy on your loss this week!

CW - I'm thinking of you, you must be getting so excited for your husband to come home!!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone, weighed in this morning and I was down 2.3 which I'm happy with but I wanted to do 60 lbs in 15 weeks and I'm 0.6 lbs shy of that...oh well.

Congrats Sassy on your loss this week!

CW - I'm thinking of you, you must be getting so excited for your husband to come home!!

Have a great week everyone!
Congrats on 2.3, way to go!!! Have you made a decision on your Xweigthed documentary---was that what it is called?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

CW, how fantastic to finally have your husband home. Can't wait to hear about it!
I'm officially back on the IP bandwagon and it feels great. I'll have a bad weigh in today, but will be back on track next week.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #9  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Back from the first weigh in.
two weeks, 11.3 pounds and 7 inches, and 3% off my BMI.

That's it, I'm officially the Incredible Shrinking Woman!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

I tried those protein drinks from Costo, and it wasn't half bad. Def easier and cheaper to get a case of those when I need it!

Anybody else tired of people asking what diet you're doing (I promise I'm not bringing it up), you tell them what it's all about, then you get all these comments. The best one is "You don't want to get too skinny". Yeah, that's something that keeps me up at night..that and winning the lottery!

Back on track after last week's fiasco. The scale is moving oh so slowly. Wondering if my body is tired of IP. I'm giving it until the end of June, hopefully by then I can lose some more, then work on maintaining.

Interested to hear how eveybody liked that Women/Food/God book. Thinking I should look into it..

Have a skinny week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Back from the first weigh in.
two weeks, 11.3 pounds and 7 inches, and 3% off my BMI.

That's it, I'm officially the Incredible Shrinking Woman!
Feels great, doesn't it! Way to go!!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #11  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Rocky Monarch, what a fantastic first weigh in! The first one gave me motivation to stick with it.... here's to success!!

CW, enjoy your time with your hubby, those first few days back are like meeting all over again - love it!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Great job on the losses and NSVs!! Here's to pounds that never come back and clothes that will never fit again!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #13  

[quote=showgirlaz;3274047]Thank you! My coach is pretty stern about how the plan goes. I don't know anything about lengths of time. I just know he doesn't intend me to transition to phase 2 until I reach my goal. You are right about the differences between phases 1 and 2 though. I would love to have even 1 restricted but I feel guilty when I add just a tablespoon of tomatoes too a salad! I thought for my sanity, I might request to stay in phase 2 while I lose the last 20. At least I have the advantage of having 2 normal meals a day. Maybe it isn't an advantage I don't know. Maybe living off packets and salads is easier! Truthfully, most of my weight came off the first 3 or 4 months. In the past 6 weeks I have only lost 13 pounds. I say only, and I am grateful but, I will be on this quite awhile longer as things move along slowly.

The packets are convenient but my friend cooks a lot of lean turkey patties (I like the Kirkland Turkey Patties in the frozen food section at Costco), lean ground beef, chicken breasts, etc. in advance, freezes them so they're ready to go.

It's easy to boil a couple dozen eggs, grab 4 hard-boiled eggs and eat 1 and the whites of the remaining 3 w/ yummy sea salt. She has lost more in the past 2 weeks since giving up the coach b/c he was stressing her out and not wanting to allow any room for alternative anything! She felt that 120 days was too long to stay on full restrictions. I'm amazed at how she's still losing pounds and inches having put herself on phase 2.

I'm kind of following the guidelines she used in phase 1 but can't afford all IP so have found EAS, real eggs, and other items to substitute for the $$$$ IP stuff. I have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks and feel pretty good. We're both staying away from the New Life Styles and Lindora products that have aspartame and / or HFCS. We have also found that 3-4 oz of canned tuna is a good IP packet replacement comparable in calories, carbs, fat, but it's real food!!!! With a couple leaves of romaine, it's very satisfying! I just know that by the time IP products were purchased (and the TAX really added up, too) and she spent gas $$$ to and from a stressful "coaching" session, she realized she had spent enough after 90 days and could manage almost better on her own. She's still losing inches, she's saving gas and IP $$, travel time to and from "coaching" sessions that were not healthy for her.

I think the "keeping of sanity" is so important, too! I saw a couple others posting comments about IP not really addressing the "emotional / mental" aspect of dieting. I know the 1/4 bar each AM is enough to keep me sane at this point and I am losing pounds and inches.
Last edited by chimpchamp : Today at 12:40 PM.
chimpchamp is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #14  

Talked to Linda L. with New Lifestyles Diet and she informed me that the ready-to-drink shakes are all on backorder; that NLD isn't even taking orders for them right now. If you look at the SHOP portion of their website, they even removed the RTD tab for now. She said to watch the website; that NLD is hopeful that they will be able to take orders for the ready to drink shakes by mid to late May. Also, for those of you who have ordered these New Lifestyles Diet RTD shakes: is the nutritional content / analysis exactly the same as the IDEAL PROTEIN nutritional content? Linda said she's had consumers tell her that the packaging is identical except IP's has IDEAL PROTEIN printed on it and NLD's has NEW LIFESTYLE DIET printed on it. So, final ? is: Are the nutritional content and ingredient list identical?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #15  

I tried those protein drinks from Costo, and it wasn't half bad. Def easier and cheaper to get a case of those when I need it!

Anybody else tired of people asking what diet you're doing (I promise I'm not bringing it up), you tell them what it's all about, then you get all these comments. The best one is "You don't want to get too skinny". Yeah, that's something that keeps me up at night..that and winning the lottery!

Hi Brocola, Actually, the Costcos I shop at have several different ready to drink "protein drinks" so I don't know which one you tried. Some have as much as 28 carbs so I really had to study the labels before buying the PREMIER NUTRITION brand. They came in a case of 24 and are DISTRIBUTED by Premier Nutrition out of Carlsbad, CA but now I'm wondering who packages them and where. An 11 oz "shake" has 160 calories,30 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs of which 3 are dietary fiber and 1 is sugar. Unlike IP / Matol shakes, these are like the EAS AdvantEdge ready to drink product b/c they have added vitamins, minerals, etc. These by Premier Nutrition are quite tasty---better than the EAS AdvantEdge so I sure hope I'm really getting what they list on the label!!!

Just tell folks you've cut back on your carbs and you're trying to get some healthier protein into your diet. The shakes help with that and are convenient. They don't have to know the name of any protocol, etc. The "you don't want to get too skinny" comments are so ridiculous, aren't they?
Closed Thread