Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Question Weight + Measurement Fluctuations?

Good morning everyone!

I'm making this post before I head off to the gym, so I will try to make it quick.

-For the past 7 days my weight has been yo-yoing 2-3lbs heavy. My lowest weight for last week was 215, and it has been between 217-218.
-My body measurements have been going up and down by .5-an inch in different places, when they are usually the same or down.
-On Friday I did quite a heavy work out where I was sore Saturday/Sunday/Monday on my sides, arms, and shoulders.
-I have been having more salt than usual and less water the past 2 weeks.
-I don't get my TOM as I am on Depo provera, so I do not know if I can still get bloated or not. Right now I am due for my shot.

Right now I eat between 1200-1800 calories zig-zagging and go to the gym 3-4 times a week with a few weights added in and a different group of cardio machines each time -in short.. I try to change things up a lot to not plateau.

My question is to you. Is this a plateau caused by the above variables? Can you even call it a plateau?

I am used to having pretty steady loss, so for something to be going up and down this long without a day of drop is driving me insane
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

you listed alot of variables that cause water retention. Overworked muscles, high salt, less water, and TOM. keep up the water drinking to FLUSH the extra water and salt from your system. take it from me, progesterone, or the synthetic form "depo provera" is designed to BLOAT you. it is the major hormone of BLOAT for pregnant women. I was on it for 8 months...and I had to fight BLOAT all of the time.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #3  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
you listed alot of variables that cause water retention. Overworked muscles, high salt, less water, and TOM. keep up the water drinking to FLUSH the extra water and salt from your system. take it from me, progesterone, or the synthetic form "depo provera" is designed to BLOAT you. it is the major hormone of BLOAT for pregnant women. I was on it for 8 months...and I had to fight BLOAT all of the time.
Do you find you felt bloated or just noticed you looked bloated? I don't feel bloated, but maybe I am and I just don't know it.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #4  
the aly bagel

Sorry, bumping this one. I'm going more crazy because I weighed myself this mornign after drinking a TON of water yesterday and my weight didn't even budge. :/ Could the battery be going?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

It's possible that your scale is flaky but more likely you are seeing normal variation in the rate of weight loss.

I don't consider 7 days a plateau. I think most folks would have to see no weight loss for a couple months before seriously suspecting a plateau. Some people only tend to lose the week of TOM and it comes off in a swoosh then.

Fluctuations happen, sometime mysteriously. Two days ago, I was up 1.5 lbs for no apparent reason. Yesterday, instead of dropping that, I added another 2 lbs. Again, no reason. Today the extra is all gone (yay!!!). Go figure.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #6  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
It's possible that your scale is flaky but more likely you are seeing normal variation in the rate of weight loss.

I don't consider 7 days a plateau. I think most folks would have to see no weight loss for a couple months before seriously suspecting a plateau. Some people only tend to lose the week of TOM and it comes off in a swoosh then.

Fluctuations happen, sometime mysteriously. Two days ago, I was up 1.5 lbs for no apparent reason. Yesterday, instead of dropping that, I added another 2 lbs. Again, no reason. Today the extra is all gone (yay!!!). Go figure.
Yeah, I went down on pound from my smallest weight this week. I am hoping I have a big woosh. I worked extra hard at the gym this week and have been drinking water like it's going out of style.