The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/160/150

Height: 5'8

Default Favorite cast members?

First I'd like to say that I love love love The Biggest Loser!! I was just wondering who some of your favorite cast members are this season. I was sooo happy to see Melissa go home :-) Sam and Koli are my fav, they are soo inspiring.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

me too ! Sam and koli are mine too and i jump out of bed yelling for joy when melissa got booted!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/160

i want sam or koli to win but i also like sunshine and her dad too!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2exhale View Post
x2! They're all tied for my faves!

I can't stand Melissa! So glad she got sent packing this week.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

There are those that I like, but I'm not I connecting with anyone this season. One person does not stand out as "oh yeah I want him/her to win!". If it wasn't for Bob(hottie) and Jillian, I wouldn't watch or care this season. Right now, I watch for curiousity I gotta know who wins.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/156/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2exhale View Post
These two are my favorites as well. I'd be more happy if Sunshine and her dad won, simply because they were both much larger than Sam and Koli and her father had so many health problems. But they've all come a long way and they're all very strong and determined.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/197/140

Height: 5'4

I like Sam and Koli but Daris is my favorite. I am starting to like the blonde girl too who was on with her mom. She is coming out of her shell alot now.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #8  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

My favorite cast member is Victoria and Sunshine. I think they are both so nice and sweet. I really think Sunshine has a chance at winning. Sunshine has so much heart it's really motivating.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am not into Sunshine that much - although I do recognize how much she has accomplished - and I dislike O'Neal. I am rooting for Sam although I have to admit Daris has grown on me, I will probably like him a lot more after he sheds the sheep.
Ashley - I am not so sure - sometimes I think that finally she is getting it and starting to work really hard and at other times I think she is not giving it her all.
OVerall, I don't feel as strongly for this season's contestants as I did feel for those in some previous seasons but that does not mean that the show has less of an appeal for me - I still consider it extremely motivational.

And, let me ask you ladies (and gents - if any of our male members reads this) - why is Jillian always featured everywhere with her workout pants so low-riding? Believe me, I am not a prude and I hate high waist jeans but don't tell me that you can actual work out in pants that barely cover the pubic hair?!?!? (Please click the image below for a better view).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jillian.jpg (22.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Tomato; 04-13-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
And, let me ask you ladies (and gents - if any of our male members reads this) - why is Jillian always featured everywhere with her workout pants so low-riding? Believe me, I am not a prude and I hate high waist jeans but don't tell me that you can actual work out in pants that barely cover the pubic hair?!?!?
I think that everytime I see her in ads! Like, "Whoa, girly! Hope you got waxed!"
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/177/140

Height: 5'4"

I like all of them, but I'd say Sunshine is my favorite. You can tell she pours her whole heart into it. But at this point I see myself relating to Victoria more, because she is struggling with getting her mind into the game, I also have that problem.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
There are those that I like, but I'm not I connecting with anyone this season. One person does not stand out as "oh yeah I want him/her to win!". If it wasn't for Bob(hottie) and Jillian, I wouldn't watch or care this season. Right now, I watch for curiousity I gotta know who wins.
I was saying the same thing to my mom! I'm not sure why I feel that way. I've watched every season with excitement and anticipation but this season, if I happen to miss the show I don't mind. Like you, I haven't connected with anyone. I had a feeling at the beginning of the season that they are starting to just go for ratings then anything else anymore. Jillian's getting more and more harsh with her words, even Bob jumped on board a bit at the beginning of the season ... they are having even heavier contestants with excessive weight loss in record periods of time. It just doesnt seem real to me anymore. I mean I know its real but ... I dont know. I am disappointed this season. Like I said, it might just be because I haven't connected with anyone this time around ... but part of me thinks the show is changing ...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

I, too, like Sunshine but I also like Sam and Koli. But I also like Ashley, I can't describe it but she's so happy and cheery and I'm just drawn to her.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #14  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

I was so glad to see Melissa go home, too!!
Sam and Koli are definitely my favourites, Sam is so inspiring and so dedicated!!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #15  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Tomato, Jillian is wearing those low-riding pants as a form of advertising for her workout & her abilities as a trainer. She's showing off her abs, including the hip creases that she has so painstakingly developed. Buy the video & the products & be like her. (At least, that's the sell.)

No one is inspiring me this season. I find some more likable than others. Sam and Stephanie, mostly, but Stephanie's gone & I think Sam will be, too, before the finals. He is just too muscular & losing very slowly at this point.

I wish Sunshine well, in an abstract way, because I don't think there's been an African-American woman as the Biggest Loser yet, and I think she could be an inspirational figure to a lot of people in that community in particular, as well as to the rest of the viewing audience.

Tara from a few seasons ago turns out to be my favorite ever, in retrospect. There's no one like her this season.

Last edited by saef; 04-18-2010 at 05:44 PM.