View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #13
Beverlyjoy

S/C/G: 271/225/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi becksters....buddies....coaches.....

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that and the willingness to keep trying. I think, for me, willingness is key.

Every day for the last 12 years I've gotten up and written down five things for which I am grateful. Yesterday, I was kind of having a 'pity party'. I was feeling frustrated with my pieces and parts, limited mobilty, medication, blah blah blah. I didn't think I could think of any gratitudes. But, of course, I could. So once again I am reminded that, no matter what, there are always things for which I be grateful. It's a good daily task. It always puts things in perspective. I recommend it.

While in the kitchen - I just opened the fridge - thinking 'what can I eat' - Then I realized - I don't 'graze' any more. (or am working on that) I used a resistance technique, closed the fridge door, walked away, smiled and gave myself credit.

Today DH and I are going to the grocery...I will use the electric scooter. It's kind of humbling. But - of course, better than not getting out doing what needs to be done. Mom is coming over for a cookout tonight.

yesteray:
made a plan, wrote down what I eat, kept track of calories, stayed in healthy range, measured food
eated seated, no seconds - all of the time
fork down - some times (I really need to work on this)
read rc/arc
looked at beck book
used resistance techniques
gave myself credit
tasted food - some of the time
slow mindful eating - some of the time

no exercise/spontaneous exercise

billbe = so glad you saw the birdies! A good walk to Trader Joe's, too. I wish ours wasn't quite so far away. Love that store. Credit - working on those 'chores'.

cee-jay - no binging is a huge credit. Seems like you've taken many of the beck tasks to heart. Keep 'practicing' all the stuff you know works and aim to do what you add to it. That's all any of us can do.

onebyone - 'not pigging out' is a HUGE credit!

wndranne - so, so glad to hear your trip went well. You said - I must say I did outstanding on food. Stopped at full every time, and made reasonable if not puritanical choices. Got in two workouts, but was shooting for three Major credit!

shepardess - glad you were able to avoid one of your eating gatherings. I can see how branding would be a major happening. I don't suppose the cowboys would want coffee and veggies and healthy dip half way through. LOL Hope all goes well today.

maryblu - we watched the Derby too - always fun. So much hype!!!! You said - What makes it easier for me now is that the *pay-off is so*much* bigger relative to the time/effort it takes. It is the difference between feeling *fat and being exactly where I want to be, exactly where I look and feel best. It is a big, big pay-off and worth the effort. That says SO much - it's a real way of living with food and realizing why.

gardenerjoy - I am jumping for joy over learning of your wonderful weightloss!! I am so glad your efforts are being rewarded at the scale as well as in your day to day living.

lexxiss - thanks so much for sharing your weekend response card - it's so basic, but - such a necessary concept to tatoo to our brains. I don't have the green book...just the pink book.

I hope I got to everyone. Shout out to anyone stopping by.

Move ticker, move!
Next Mini Goal - 224

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

I can't lose 100 pounds....but, just maybe I can lose five pounds twenty times.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy : 05-02-2010 at 07:36 AM.