View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
Beverlyjoy

S/C/G: 271/225/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi beck folks..coaches...buddies..

First of May! Yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that and the willingness to keep trying.

Our weekly peanut party with the neighborhood children had to changed to tortilla chips (out of peanuts!). I didn't eat any - even though I was holding the bowl...credit! After the snack they all wanted a story. Three year old Adam jumped on my foot in glee after the story - ouch on my already hurting foot/ankle. I came inside after that!

Yesterday was a real 'warm weather' food day. I made a cold Thai noodle salad for lunch and tuna salad for dinner. Sometimes it's good to switch it up. I kept a couple portions of ww spaghetti noodles out in measured portions to use later this week - credit for planning.

Our next door neighbor's had a baby boy. A new one to add to the fun. In a few years, Adam will have a boy to play with - rather than the seven little girls on our street. He's all boy, though - he sleeps with his play lawn mower. (cracks me up!)

wrote down my plan, wrote down everything I ate
stayed in my calorie range
tasted food - alot of the time
eated seated, no seconds - all of the time
slow mindful eating - some of the time
gave myself credit during the day
leave a bite - all of the time
read arc/rc
made some new rc
used resistance techniques
measured food

no exercise/spon. ex.

billbe - I hope the birdies arrive before the camoflauging leaves. We have 6 of our seven bird houses 'in business'. Two more families in the spruces. It's just starting to get 'noisey' - I think we have some hatchlsing in one of the houses all ready. I am trying to get excited for ya - sardines and all. Don't like em...you can have my share. Yes...the omegas are so good. Enjoy. BTW - thanks for hosting this wonderful forum. Sure do appreciate all your time and efforts.

Lexxiss - glad you can get back to your food 'comfort zone' now that company is gone. Sounds like you did well. An op pumpkin pie sounds good.

merina - oh my goodness - on the subject of how often to weigh - it's like politics.... people have their strong opinons!! I think folks have to figure out what works for themselves...whatever is helpful to their program and journey. There should be no judgement. It's like food plans...'one size doesn't fit all' - pardon the pun. Look at all the different approaches/forums there are here at 3fc..many ways to lose weight and live healthfully.
I agree....coaches are an important component of this program.

Have a good day. Remember to treat yourself as you would a good friend.

Move ticker, move!
Next Mini Goal - 224

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

I can't lose 100 pounds....but, just maybe I can lose five pounds twenty times.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy : 05-01-2010 at 09:12 AM.