- The warblers aren't here yet. Supposedly they're all perched in Delaware waiting for a favorable South-West wind to sail up here. But it matters because the trees are leafing and it's much easier to spot small warbles if they arrive before the leaves come out.
Did gym; CREDIT moi. Looked forward to my sardines for lunch - the 99 cent can. Well, there are 3 sardines in the can total, LOL. Big guys for sardines. Packed in water isn't as tasty as packed in oil - think I'll stick to the oil. I must have purchased these to save a few calories, but taste matters also. So, again, I'm full of Omega-3's; CREDIT moi.
- Yay for seeing the 20 pounds gone from the scale instead of the minor fluctuation. Kudos for remembering "persist in victory."
- Great use of your 90 minutes of waiting time to get your arms around the hard chapters in Beck. Usually when I'm in a doctor's waiting room I veg out on whatever awful magazines are sitting there. (Talk about a good source of cooties, LOL.) Kudos for taking care of your mother despite your own foot/ankle pain.
- Neat that you're aware of "comforting associations between dirt, tired, and splitting a sandwich in the sunroom with my husband"
since that's a unique combo. Surprised that bamboo might worm its way into your garden; my DW serves me sauteed Garlic Mustard about once a year but it'll never grow in her yard, LOL. I do think a stand of bamboo makes one good looking natural barrier.
- Neat choice to use "tried and true"
while you recover from your week of midwifery. Kudos for running when "wind had died down to a breezy 20 mph"
which seems a bit breezy from here.
- Yay for soup as nature's way of cleaning out the fridge. Ouch for exhausted and still having the energy to work your resistance muscle on that cake. LOL at your dogs eating whatever is put before them - I'd bet they'd have a heyday with your 6 punnets of strawberries, LOL. If I remember correctly, maryblu
has a dog that eats her raspberries right off the bushes.
- An OP pumpkin pie without the crust sounds really yummy. Kudos for avoiding "xrated"
- Now that's a long history of weighing yourself, LOL. Count me as one, also, who's developed the habit of seeing the trend in the scale readings without much concern for the jitter.
Common Thinking Errors
There are nine common thinking mistakes people make when dieting:
. . .
Thinking Mistake #2: Negative Fortune Telling
You predict the future negatively without considering other possible outcomes.
. . .
- Since I didn't lose weight this week, I'll never be able to lose weight.
- Since I gave into that craving, I'll never be able to tolerate cravings.
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 195.