Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Default Giving up my scale habit!!!

I had a nice talk with my sister, and come to reality that no way I can loose 38 Lbs in 2 days ..of counting fiber. and looking in the mirror and look more heavier,my knees hurt when climbing stairs and must say farewell with my daily scale habit..Its mind boggling and not good for my mindset!!

I live with my mom and sisters, one of them that has MS and bedridden, which I help her out. My mom and sisters are not heavy and they support me on getting me fruits and certain veggies.

I can not do this on my own anymore, in the past, was successful with chatting people online buddies via emails...that struggling as I am.. My family helps, but when My mom or sisters eating cake, or candy...

Lurking here and reading and seeing other people losing makes me jealous and me want to be thin like what I see.

Hoping I can make some buddies on here who are struggling and not focus much on the numbers, but focus on health from blood test and doctor visits,getting off medications and other health factors . PM for my email addiress.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Liliann...

Are you SURE it's your SCALE that is keeping you from losing weight? I've had a lot of excuses over the years, but the scale never- ever forced me to eat. You know what I mean? It's great if you want to give up weighing, but you will have to cut back on food to lose weight. Unless your scale buys junk food and prepares a table for you to eat I don't think it's the scale thats standing in your way.

Have you ever thought about counting calories? It's FREE, it's effective, and it works for MANY of us chickies who have lost a lot of weight here at 3FC.

You can do this, you just need to start and not look back.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

This is only my experience. I do think that different people have different desires, goals, needs, but this is my experience with "the scale."

For most of my life, I've seen the scale as an enemy. And I've treated it as such, whether I chose to "do battle" or avoid it. Whether it was once a year, once a month, once a week, once a day, or twelve times a day, it was always a battle. Even when you "win" a battle, the war is stressful and takes it's toll.

For me, I had to change my relationship with my scale, not my use of it. It didn't matter when or how often I weighed, it mattered what power I gave the scale over my life (and the scale wasn't responsible, I was).

I had to learn to use the scale as a tool, not as a measure of my worth or the determiner of my emotional state. Changing my emotional response to the scale wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible either. The scale does not determine my worth, and whether I step on it once a year or ten times a day, it's a tool and nothing more.

I can use it as a tool for good or for evil, and it's always my choice. I can use it to do good things with my body, or I can use it to beat myself with. A tool to tell myself I'm worthless and unworthy.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote