Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wrinkled feet/toes?

I'm only 21 and I've put on about 40 to 50 pounds over the last year due to my sedentary job. Lately I've noticed patches of red underneath my toes (almost like broken blood vessels) and wrinkles forming on the tops of my feet. My toes also wrinkle excessively. I was wondering if this was an issue anyone else has faced or maybe if it's a problem for overweight people's feet. The wrinkles make my feet look so old and I'm obviously not there yet! I've tried lotion and nothing seems to help. Maybe losing weight will make my foot and toes less wrinkly? I just can't figure out what's going on.
gagamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

What kind of shoes and socks are you wearing? Does is itch? Does it smell funky? Is it kind of crusty and yukky?

It sounds more like fungal or yeast infection type thing to me.

From what you've said, I would try getting some air to your feet, and maybe an athletes foot creme or powder. If you're wearing hose and closed toe shoes/boots, etc. your feet are not getting enough air, the mushrooms will be sprouting shortly, lol.

Cotton socks and some shoes that breath, with the weather getting warmer, ditch the socks altogether and wear sandals, and not those cheap plastic things.

When my boys were in highschool and in sports, lots of sweating and shoes on from 6:30am to 7 pm and later on weekends for games, their toes looked the same way. I think your tootsies just need a breath of fresh air! Hubby had the same problem when he was trainwrecking and would spend 24 hours or more in one pair of boots, even if he changed his socks. Plus when I was a kid and we spent a lot of time in rubber irrigation boots moving pipe on the farm, we had that. If getting some air to them, and some gold bond powder or the like does not help, I'd go see the Dr.

Last edited by shcirerf; 04-29-2010 at 09:21 PM.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #3  

See, that's the thing! I don't often wear shoes like that, I usually wear flip flops and most of the day I'm barefoot because I work a sedentary job at home at my desk. So if it's that kind of infection I guess they're getting a LOT of air, hmm...

Nothing itches and there's no smell, it's just wrinkled and I assumed it was from the extra weight around my toes/feet.

The wrinkles are dry and right under my toes on the tops of my feet like they're creased from stress and extra weight.

Last edited by gagamonster; 04-29-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

Hmm, don't know.

The bottoms of my feet are very dry and wrinkly, but I spend all day on my feet, in socks and breathable tennies, I work for a veterinarian, so my tootsies take a pounding, and are alternately dry and wet throughout the day, plus stepped on, poop, pee, puke etc. I use lots of bag balm on mine. I do keep a change of socks and extra shoes at work, just in case, lol.

Guess if I were you, I'd breakdown and see your doc about it.

Sorry I wasn't more help.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #5  

Haha, no problem, thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

You're welcome!