Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #1  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

Height: 5'6

Question Do you think its Possible???

Hannah again here and I want to rattle your brains a bit! lol
Okay so its been almost 14 weeks since I've been on my journey and I've lost 44 pounds! I was wondering if it was possible to lose about 32 pounds by July 30 which is 13 weeks I am going to Hot springs and would like to be 200 lbs when I go. I went to Hot springs on April 8 and was 241.2 pounds and now i'm 232.2 pounds which means ive lost 9 lbs since I went last time. I was wondering if you think it could be possible for me to meet my goal by July 30? or am I just looking for disappointment

UPDATE:

I Wanted to let everyone know I met my GOAL for this thread I posted! I was 200 pounds when I went to Hot Springs!!!!!!!!!!! I am posting before and after pics both while on vacation in Hot Springs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled2.jpg (33.2 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by successfulhannah; 08-16-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Update
successfulhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

11 pounds a month? Yes, it's possible. You would most likely need to be EXTREMELY consistent - no *off* plan meals or days and lots of exercise.

But here's the thing, even if you were to do that (be consistent) there are no guarantees that that will occur. It's certainly more likely to occur if you do that, but there's no way to know for sure.

Why not stick to your plan really well and see where you wind up come July 30? Whatever number you wind up with, it will be lots better than if you didn't try. So even if you fall short by a few (or more) pounds, it's still wonderful - no disappointment required.

Keep up the great work. You're doing great!! I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Urgh, you're going to get a "no" from me. Is it possible? Sure? But why set yourself up for failure? You'll feel really good about yourself no matter what your SUCCESS, right? Why does it matter if you're down to 200 by then? Are you planning to post your weight on your forehead? That's how I have to think about my weight.

I do not like timeline goals. I wrote numbers down on my calendar of where I expected to be each month based on losing 7 pounds a month. I thought I was being conservative when I set that not so little goal. I'm a good 9 pounds off my goals right now. I can look at it and be amused, but if I couldn't, wouldn't that be a failure? Yet look at how far I've come! I don't care that I should be at 179 by now...I'm feeling pretty good in my little 14's.

Last edited by Eliana; 04-28-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #4  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Hi Hannah-

14 weeks, 3 pounds lost per week= 42 pounds gone (you lost 44)

sooooo...

13 weeks, you wanna lose 32 pounds= lose roughly 2.5 pounds a week.

Yea it's doable! I agree with Rockinrobin and say work your butt off, eat on plan and then whatever weight you have July 30th, celebrate it!! Watch out for stress. When you stress-out your body holds on to fat & water... Blessings to you!!
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #5  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

It's possible. As long as you're dedicated. My advise, just try and see how much you can lose in that time. Try your hardest, so if you don't meet your goal you can at least say, "Well, I tried. And I lost more weight anyways!"
So it's not going to be a failure if you don't meet your goal. You'll still have lost weight anyways.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I am sure it is possible, but in addition to losing fat, I would imagine you would probably also be losing muscle. By losing weight slowly, you can maximize fat loss while minimizing muscle loss. If you don't care about muscle loss (not all women care about having muscles like I do) and just generally care more about being thinner, then I am sure it is possible.

Last edited by SCraver; 04-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Hmm, well I'm sure it's possible. That doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy or the right thing to do. I'm not saying it's not, either, I would have to more about you and your health plan. Because in general, 2 pounds in the max considered safe to lose a week. This number can change based on your weight, though, so it's hard to say. But you will want to take in to consideration that your rate of loss will slow as you get skinnier. (That's a good thing!)

And I agree with the above posters- it doesn't really matter. Having goals is a good thing, but not if you are going to get hung up on them. Focus on being/feeling healthy! Beauty has so much to do with confidence.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
I am sure it is possible, but in addition to losing fat, I would imagine you would probably also be losing muscle. By losing weight slowly, you can maximize fat loss while minimizing muscle loss. If you don't care about muscle loss (not all women care about having muscles like I do) and just generally care more about being thinner, then I am sure it is possible.
I lost *fairly* quickly and gained muscle as well. Losing *speedily* does not necessarily mean for certain, as you intimated, that you will lose muscle. Just as losing weight slowly is no guarantee that you will NOT lose muscle.

We all lose at different rates. And we all do different amounts of exercise with different results. There are no definites here.

And as far as the 2 lb per week loss as being the max for health, well that's just an *average* number. Provided you eat healthy, healthy, nutritious, high quality calories, and of course depending on your size - more than 2 lbs per week can be perfectly healthy. There are no definites here.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/200/140

Height: 5'4"

It can be possible but I have to agree with some of the other people on here. It will be hard, it may or may not work and as long as you're consistent in your diet/exercise plan, be HAPPY that you tried.

No matter what you'll at least know that you tried. But as another poster said, you're not wearing your weight on your forehead. Only you know the real number so as long as you've tried your best, be happy and have a great trip.

GOOD LUCK!!
cjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Personally I would make the goal sticking to your plan. I think making a date to hit a specific weight is just asking for trouble.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

I too am going to give a no. Speaking from experience I too set a timeline goal and even though i have kicked butt on losing weight, the realization that I won't meet my time goal has really messed with my head.
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #12  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

Height: 5'6

UPDATE:

I Wanted to let everyone know I met my GOAL for this thread I posted! I was 200 pounds when I went to Hot Springs!!!!!!!!!!! I am posting before and after pics both while on vacation in Hot Springs. Pics at the beginning of the thread

Last edited by successfulhannah; 08-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.
successfulhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #13  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

That is awesome! You look terrific!! Congrats on meeting your goal!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #14  
God Will Guide Me!

S/C/G: 272.8/ticker/234

Height: 5'7''

Thats awesome congrats!!! Excellent on staying on plan and positive minded!!! As long as we do things the right way we will never fail!! YAY!!!
jackiemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Wow! Congrats! You look great! I am inspired
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote