Old 04-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #1  

Thumbs down IP Boot Camp

Can anyone tell me what the benefit of adding a 4th protein packet in the Boot Camp is? Why would you lose more by eating more??

I did the boot camp for a couple weeks and lost well, but wondering if I could use the 3 packets a day and lose just as much--or maybe even more?

Thanks!

Lori
bizzymom999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #2  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I have been in boot camp since March 1. I have only ever had 3 packets a day plus my protein(meat, fish, etc) Of course the veggies, etc., too. I was told no excersize. Some were told they could use an extra packet if they did excersize or if they were hungry. That extra packet wouldn't really be a cheat if you needed more(were hungry or were thinking about another type of cheat). Hope that is the type of info you were looking for.
WyoSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #3  

I was told that Boot camp was 4 packets a day and no restricted packets. Isn't that what everyone else was told? Thanks.
bizzymom999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194.8/140.0/140

Height: 5.4

I was told 3 packets a day and no restricted packets.
csdclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

My first week they gave me four packets a day. I only ate four packets for the first two days. After that i've been only eating three a day (except if i'm going out after work and dinner won't be til late, i'll have a drink).
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #6  

Would someone mind posting your typical day's meals during boot camp? I know it was posted somewhere else but I'm having a hard time finding it.

I believe it was 3 packets (no restricted items) and salads. Wasn't there something about having eggs only at night for dinner meal?

Thanks so much!
ksb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #7  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

since you asked...here is the info I got:

there is an actual Commando Boot Camp protocol :

Commando Boot Camp & Cellulite Reduction

Try for 1 week. NO TREATS or whole proteins (fish, meat) except 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites. Eat only soups, shakes, and puddings.

EX: Breakfast: shake and coffee/tea w/1 oz. milk (if desired).

Lunch: soup w/veggies (see note) and salad (suggest lemon juice and olive oil w/spices (oregano, garlic, basil, thyme, etc.) in lieu of Walden Farms.

Dinner: IP omelet w/veggies (lightly saute mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli) OR use 1 whole egg w/3 egg whites. Have this w/another shake or pudding (double protein here).

Snack: pudding or shake

NOTE; You can have the omelet (or eggs) for lunch instead of soup. Then have soup w/pudding or shake for dinner.

Super Soup: In a basket steamer, lightly steam broccoli, asparagus, spinach, kale, cauliflower, or a combo of these. Mix the chicken soup in a shaker and put the veggies and soup in a blender. Puree. while blending add spices: suggest curry powder, coriander, cayenne pepper, cumin and/or sea salt. Heat in a sauce pan.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #8  

where did you get this information and what is it for and anyone have issues with going the the bathroom my coach said not to use a stool softner but I really need it or it is a bad problem. and I am not wanting to have to use the laxative. I want to just be regular and I am getting in over 64 oz of h20 ugh
bigmama5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #9  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmama5 View Post
where did you get this information and what is it for and anyone have issues with going the the bathroom my coach said not to use a stool softner but I really need it or it is a bad problem. and I am not wanting to have to use the laxative. I want to just be regular and I am getting in over 64 oz of h20 ugh
if your issue is going to the bathroom drink more water and add more magnesium, I promise you it will work
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #10  

OK Do I just get a plain magnesium pill. I am trying to find something that is more of a stool softner and do I keep taking the calicuim pills? Also where do you find stuff about bootcamp and what is the purpose of it,
Old 05-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmama5 View Post
OK Do I just get a plain magnesium pill. I am trying to find something that is more of a stool softner and do I keep taking the calicuim pills? Also where do you find stuff about bootcamp and what is the purpose of it,
Try a product called "CALM" - it's magnesium - mixes with hot water and drink like tea - it really helps with the constipation issues...
Teresad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

I think that I'll try boot camp for a week - starting this weekend - I'll be eating at a restaurant both tonight and tomorrow night so I can start on Friday. My weight loss has been pretty slow these past two weeks - need to step it up a notch!
Teresad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #13  

what does the boot camp do does it make you lose more than what you normallly do, my coach has me doing 3 packets no restricted, I have been doing ok but getting bored and have cheated way to much during my period ugh, I want to move on to phase 2 but not sure since I have not lost as mcuh at I want but it is adding up. so thought maybe I should do bootcamp???
Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Day three for me today...

I just tried the chicken soup today, and I found it to be really nasty... is there something else I can use in place of the soup? Maybe another pudding packet?

The omelet was ok, I could probably do some more of those.
beckywelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywelch View Post
Day three for me today...

I just tried the chicken soup today, and I found it to be really nasty... is there something else I can use in place of the soup? Maybe another pudding packet?

The omelet was ok, I could probably do some more of those.
I couldn't get down the soup packet either. You can have any unrestricted packets, sweet or savoury. I like the shakes and puddings the best. I make the puddings into shakes a lot by adding more water.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote