View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #103
chimpchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
HELP!! IDEAL PROTEIN WILL COST ABOUT $2000 for 90 days of Phase 1, then I'll have to continue purchasing for Phase 2, and I do not want to have to rely on purchasing such $$$$ product for an extended period of time. $$$$ is tight!! I know all of you can relate; I'm not complaining--just making a plea for some help with some questions I have.

Many of you have mentioned the Lindora products as a less expensive alternative to IP. How about others like the PREMIER NUTRITION PROTEIN High Protein Chocolate Shake from Costco? It costs only about $1.19 per 11 oz. pre-mixed shake, has 30 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs (2 of these are dietary fiber) and it tastes like chocolate milk. I know the fat grams are a li'l higher than the 1 or 2 you might find in an IP item, but there is no aspartame (Equal)--it's sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) just like the IP products....so wouldn't this also be an acceptable alternative?

Also, for those of you have substituted some IP products with the EAS AdvantEDGE pre-mixed shakes in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, how have those worked out for you? I see they have 17 grams of protein, only 1-3 carbs, 3 grams of fat, 0 sugars and no aspartame (Equal)--sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) like the IP products.

I'm just reading here about how I might use eggs in place of the IP egg product and some of these other shakes in lieu of the IP shakes / puddings.

Also, PURE PROTEIN and MET RX make a couple different powdered protein mixes that are high protein (27 g), very low carb and no sugars. Could these not be substituted for an IP packet from time to time?

I only ask b/c this IP program is not affordable for me right now. I also see the IP packets do not have any vitamins and nutrients added which is probably why they taste so good rather than "chalky." It may also be why we have to purchase the necessary supplements like Cal-Mag, etc.

Believe me, I'd love to go full force into IP but am very limited in my budget. Please, anyone, someone, everyone, let me know what you think of some of these substitutions. The key is to get substantial intake of vitamins, nutrients, salt, potassium, and other electrolytes while staying low carb (less than 40 or so) so my body will kick into ketosis, correct?? So, if I can manage the fat, carb, calories, sugars, in the products while sticking with the restricted veggie list, would this work?
Oops! Sorry! I just realized that we're not supposed to ask about alternatives on this thread. I'm just learning how to navigate around and hey, I'm not at all tech-savvy so.............some of you have used the site routinely and really know your way around. Not the case with me. Anyway, I'll post this on the other thread (if I can find it) and in the meantime, would appreciate any help.