View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #74
BevS

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
This is a great idea with taking out the meats for a week to lose more weight for a special event like a wedding, the only thing I worry about it taking in 2 servings of protein at a time. I was told by a GNC guy that the body can only process about 20 g of protein at a time and that the best way to go is to space it out about an hour or two between each protein. Maybe a mid afternoon snack of pudding or drink would be more beneficial?

Not trying to nag I was just told that if you take in more than 20g or so at a time, you're body will bloat and the protein can sometimes get turned to insulin.

I may try the no meat thing next week though! I LOVE EGG WHITES!!
Hi, Erin, You may be right. However, this came directly from Ideal Protein for Phase Oners. I was reading on line that the maximum protein we should have at one time is 30-40 grams. One egg plus 3 whites equal about 17 protein grams. The pudding or drink packets are mostly between 18 and 20 protein grams. That would average 35-37 grams of protein, the same as 5 ounces of chicken. Plus I have also read that our bodies can process non-meat forms of protein more easily than meats. I think the extra protein in the evening is to keep our bodies in ketosis overnight. When using the Ideal Protein protocol we are doing things a bit differently than we might do normally until we reach our goal. You don't want to start burning your muscle because you're not eating enough protein.

Last edited by BevS : 04-27-2010 at 10:13 AM.