General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

View Poll Results: Do FLIP-FLOPS Count?
Flip-flops DO NOT count in a ladies shoe count 32 51.61%
Flip-Flops DO count in a ladies shoe count 24 38.71%
If flip-flops DO NOT count I have no shoes 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default WHAT!? Flip Flops DON'T COUNT?

So yesterday morning I was all dressed up and ready for church, except for my shoes...I had kicked off the tennis shoes I wanted to wear off in the family room the night before. Well, I couldn't find one of the shoes....

This is not uncommon as one of my golden retrievers carries my shoes all over the house....she will steal them from the closet, the shoe shelf in the entry, my bathroom, beside one of my recliners...wherever I kick them off. Luckily for me she has quit chewing them several years ago

She will place them anywhere...back yard, garage, her crate, the spare bedrooms....she will pile several of them up in one spot over the course of the day sometimes.

As I was bent over looking through the pile in the closet I realized that my wife has way too many shoes!

I started counting....the ones on the 2 racks on the floor of the closet....the ones on the middle shelf...the top shelf...those in boxes....those in bags...

Over 50 pairs of shoes

I swear...as I am typing this post one of my shoes comes flying down the stairs into the family room...she dropped it from the top of the stairs when she started barking at me...she wants a cookie....

Anyway, on the way to church I politely...with all due respect...might have mentioned to my wife she has way too many shoes....

wrong answer!

She convinced me that maybe I should just be quiet about her shoes and she won't bring up my T-shirts and sweatshirts....

But here is the dealio....

When I was telling her...fyi...she is not fond of my telling her anything....

As I was saying...I brought it to her attention that she had over 50 pairs of shoes...she said I probably didn't count the ones on the top shelf....I told her I did....that I even counted the flip-flops in the box...all 10 of them....

That is when she informed me that FLIP-FLOP DON'T COUNT!

I laughed..."What do you mean flip-flops don't count?"

She just said they just don't....

So what I wanna know is....

DO OR DO NOT FLIP-FLOPS COUNT?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Nope, I'm with her. Flip flops don't count.

KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #3  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

lol.... WOw thats a lot of sandles , shoes and flip flps.. here we call them slippers.. any way i agree with you they do count but i wouldnt tell her if you dont want to sleep on the couch... lol Do you have a lot of sweaters and shirts because if you get rid of her stuff she will be coming after yours. So the question is this a battle you really wanna fight.. haha
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

It depends! If they're fancy pretty ones - they DO count. If they're the 2 dollar ones from old navy - they do NOT count! Fancy pretty ones need to be taken care of better than cheap ones that can just squeeze in to some small crevice with ease!

For example

http://www.zappos.com/think-julia-82...ombi?zlfid=111 these count!!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=54086 do not count!!

Ps. I WISH I lived somewhere that allowed me to have 50 pairs of shoes!! Two different winter boots, and I'm pretty much tapped out, lol
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

None of her shoes count until she is over 100 pairs. If she has more than 100outfits the number of shoe pairs will have to be adjusted upwards accordingly, because EVERYONE knows that you have to have shoes to match your outifts. I'm assuming she also has ONLY 50 handbags, because you need one of those for each pair of shoes.

You are a lucky man to have a well-dressed wife. Give her a hug and a kiss and tell her how wonderful she is!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #6  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm with your wife, flip flops totally do not count!

Especially since you can get them for $1 at the end of the summer at Old Navy. Real shoes do not cost $1 (unless you find something sweet at a garage sale or Salvation Army). Think about it...no heel...no arch support...no socks required (and socks look silly if you try)...you might as well be barefoot. Nope, they don't count.
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/SEE TRACKER/180

Height: 5'4

I live in Florida and most of my shoes are flip flops, they count! If not I am going barefoot 90% of the time. Even in the winter it is flip flop weather here
leonafoxworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #8  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

The cheap ones don't count.

I would however count my more expensive ones.

Don't get me started on dh and his t-shirts.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #9  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post

I'm with you. I count my $30+ ones as "real shoes" and the cheaper ones as basically slippers.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I don't think any shoes count when it comes to DH actually counting them! If he's going to count my shoes, I'll start counting his computer games that he doesn't even play ... at least I wear my shoes!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieH View Post
Nope, I'm with her. Flip flops don't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIARA View Post
... if you get rid of her stuff she will be coming after yours.....Works for me she hasn't come after my stuff since menopause arrived! So the question is this a battle you really wanna fight.. haha
Not really ....but...making up can be fun .....oh wait...dang menopause...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
It depends! If they're fancy pretty ones - they DO count. If they're the 2 dollar ones from old navy - they do NOT count!
I love the $2 Old Navy flip flops she buys

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelskeep View Post
.... I'm assuming she also has ONLY 50 handbags, because you need one of those for each pair of shoes.

I will say she has nowhere near 50 handbags...credit 1 point for her

You are a lucky man to have a well-dressed wife. Give her a hug and a kiss and tell her how wonderful she is!
I do have a well dresses wife and I will give her a hug and kiss...well...as soon as I catch her

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars View Post
I'm with your wife, flip flops totally do not count!

Is there a flip-flop don't count club?

Especially since you can get them for $1 at the end of the summer at Old Navy.
For $1...that's it she has been paying $2 for years...aaarrrghghhhh I'll talk to her about her excessive spending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonafoxworth View Post
I live in Florida and most of my shoes are flip flops, they count! If not I am going barefoot 90% of the time. Even in the winter it is flip flop weather here
Same here...but we don't lose toes to 'gators
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post

Where does your club meet?

Are your cardinal red cleats expensive?

Don't get me started on dh and his t-shirts.
Do you re-fold his t-shirts, after he does, like Angie does to mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post
I'm with you. I count my $30+ ones as "real shoes" and the cheaper ones as basically slippers.
oops! I forgot to count her slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacilli View Post
I don't think any shoes count when it comes to DH actually counting them! If he's going to count my shoes, I'll start counting his computer games that he doesn't even play ... at least I wear my shoes!
Never tried wearing computer games on my feet
Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #13  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
It depends! If they're fancy pretty ones - they DO count. If they're the 2 dollar ones from old navy - they do NOT count! Fancy pretty ones need to be taken care of better than cheap ones that can just squeeze in to some small crevice with ease!

For example

http://www.zappos.com/think-julia-82...ombi?zlfid=111 these count!!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=54086 do not count!!

Ps. I WISH I lived somewhere that allowed me to have 50 pairs of shoes!! Two different winter boots, and I'm pretty much tapped out, lol
TOTAL AGREEMENT
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/237/140

Height: 5'7

OK... I think they do count. I am saying this as the biggest flip flop fan EVER. I am talking about the Old Navy flip flops as well. I have 26 ( I just went to count them) 26 pairs of Old Navy flip flops. I wear them every day and coordinate them with my outfits. You can dress them up or dress them down. I think they count. Now if we add in my dress shoes and tennis shoes I have close to 40 pairs of shoes. more than half of them being Flip Flops. I live in Missouri when the weather can be 70 one minute then within a blink of an eye be 30. I wear them year round. Unless I have more than 1 inch of snow on the ground I am usually wearing flops.

So in conclusion...it doesn't matter what they are shoes are shoes....they all count....now with that being said, my fiancé tells me every day that I have too many. Especially when we moved and it took a whole box just for my flops, but he got over it, and he has never bothered counting them, he just rolls his eyes when I come home with more. and YES i will be buying more and more every year when Old Navy comes out with new colors every season. I still have a few left to get this year....lol
smccaleb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaDH View Post
TOTAL AGREEMENT
You can't come here and agree with everything after being MIA for so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccaleb06 View Post
.... he has never bothered counting them, he just rolls his eyes when I come home with more.....
Angie had me rolling my eyes after I counted hers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
I count them all.
...another correct answer some of you do your homework!