Old 04-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #1  

Default ideal protein and 10 -15 pounds.

Hi i was wondering what you think about doing this diet for 10-15 pounds. I do not have much to lose but no matter what I do and I have done alot in the past I can not lose. so IP was suggested to give my pancreas a break. but I am sooooo nervous that it will not work. I am scared to only have 900 cal. and the not working out is hard for me. I am willing to give it 100% but I just have so many fears and my coach has not been on it so that is hard. can anyone help me with my questions. what should I do go with or stop .. iit is so much money.
bigmama5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #2  

Yes, it is a lot of money but honestly, if you're planning on losing 10-15 pounds that will most likely take you a month. Only you can decide if the money is worth it. It will cost you about $360.00. I don't know, is it worth the money for 10 lbs? You will have to make sure to be strict when you go off IP as you will not have had enough time to develop good habits and maybe the pancreas needs more time. I think it's worth it but I'm dealing with a lot more weight to lose.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
ksb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #3  

Cool

O MAN IT is soooo worth it to me I have beeen chasing these last 10 pounds for 5 years with a few extra added, I just want to know of anyone who is done with phase one and having success and wondering if you ever increase your calories and your exercise
Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I have been on phase 1 for about three weeks now. My weight loss has been a little slow, but my IP coach believes it's because i'm not drinking enough water and i've been chewing sugar free gum. But i've lost 8 1/2 lbs in three weeks, which for me is just short of a miracle. I have found this diet very easy, but it does take some discipline and planning. Also, if you're looking to loose 10-15 lbs, you should aim for 15-20. The body tends to store about 5 lbs of glucose and when you go off the diet you automatically gain this back. It is expensive, but it really works. The food is pretty good, but you will end up picking and choosing the things you like best. I've been very encouraged by the results i've had. If you choose this diet, good luck!!!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #5  
slimandtrim

S/C/G: 229.3/229/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
I have been on phase 1 for about three weeks now. My weight loss has been a little slow, but my IP coach believes it's because i'm not drinking enough water and i've been chewing sugar free gum. But i've lost 8 1/2 lbs in three weeks, which for me is just short of a miracle. I have found this diet very easy, but it does take some discipline and planning. Also, if you're looking to loose 10-15 lbs, you should aim for 15-20. The body tends to store about 5 lbs of glucose and when you go off the diet you automatically gain this back. It is expensive, but it really works. The food is pretty good, but you will end up picking and choosing the things you like best. I've been very encouraged by the results i've had. If you choose this diet, good luck!!!
I just started this diet and my first weigh in is on Thursday. Wow 8 1/2 pounds that is great. I was wondering if things like the cooked onions and raw green peppers make a huge difference in your weigh in. I am trying to stick to this a close as possible.
mysticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #6  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

For 10-15 pounds, I think this diet would be perfect. As someone said earlier you should shoot for 15, which shouldn't take more than about 4 weeks. I love to work out too, and I would say to rest for the first week and then slowly resume to your normal workouts as you feel like it.

I think this diet would be perfect for even small amounts of weight loss because it "shocks' the system in a good way and forces the burning of body fat versus stored carbs, and you won't lose muscle mass.
FlourishGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

I did this diet for 15 pounds, I did 3 weeks of phase 1, 1 week of phase 2, and 2 weeks of phase 3. It cost a bit, but it really helped me first, lose the weight quickly and easily, restore my ability to manage cravings and desire to eat all the food that is bad for me, and I can now fit all my skinny clothes that I haven't worn in forever, everyone tells me how great I look, and the love handles I had even when I was 15 pound lighter before, went away for the first time ever!! So worth it. I have been in phase 4 or maintenance for 2 weeks now, and even lost 1 more pound, haven't gained any back. When I had my cheat day, I was extremely strict to phase 1 plan the day afterward to allow my body to have time to process and digest all the cheat stuff, so far so good!!!

Last edited by babs181; 04-26-2010 at 02:29 PM.
babs181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticus View Post
I just started this diet and my first weigh in is on Thursday. Wow 8 1/2 pounds that is great. I was wondering if things like the cooked onions and raw green peppers make a huge difference in your weigh in. I am trying to stick to this a close as possible.
I would stay away from the cooked onions and raw green peppers. Onions supposedly produce sugar when they are cooked, and apparently green peppers raw aren't good either. I don't get it, but i'm following their advice. I'm in major vegetable boredom mode right now. I have concocted an IP friendly way to make crab stuffed mushrooms. I'm going to experiment a little later this week. I hope they come out well!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
Britt, if you like the crab stuffed mushroom recipe, please share!
I will definitely! I have to get to the store and get some ingredients, but i'll make them soon and let you know.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #10  

thnks for the feed back so good to know.... I have been doing good but my period is coming and I fell so far off the wagon and now craving more carbs................. help............................ is this what will happen when all done and when did people start to work out?

Last edited by bigmama5; 04-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.