View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #68
mamaerinb

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, dk, there is an actual Commando Boot Camp protocol you might be interested in. Here it is:

Commando Boot Camp & Cellulite Reduction

Try for 1 week. NO TREATS or whole proteins (fish, meat) except 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites. Eat only soups, shakes, and puddings.

EX: Breakfast: shake and coffee/tea w/1 oz. milk (if desired).

Lunch: soup w/veggies (see note) and salad (suggest lemon juice and olive oil w/spices (oregano, garlic, basil, thyme, etc.) in lieu of Walden Farms.

Dinner: IP omelet w/veggies (lightly saute mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli) OR use 1 whole egg w/3 egg whites. Have this w/another shake or pudding (double protein here).

Snack: pudding or shake

NOTE; You can have the omelet (or eggs) for lunch instead of soup. Then have soup w/pudding or shake for dinner.

Super Soup: In a basket steamer, lightly steam broccoli, asparagus, spinach, kale, cauliflower, or a combo of these. Mix the chicken soup in a shaker and put the veggies and soup in a blender. Puree. while blending add spices: suggest curry powder, coriander, cayenne pepper, cumin and/or sea salt. Heat in a sauce pan.

This is a great idea with taking out the meats for a week to lose more weight for a special event like a wedding, the only thing I worry about it taking in 2 servings of protein at a time. I was told by a GNC guy that the body can only process about 20 g of protein at a time and that the best way to go is to space it out about an hour or two between each protein. Maybe a mid afternoon snack of pudding or drink would be more beneficial?

Not trying to nag I was just told that if you take in more than 20g or so at a time, you're body will bloat and the protein can sometimes get turned to insulin.

I may try the no meat thing next week though! I LOVE EGG WHITES!!

Last edited by mamaerinb : 04-26-2010 at 10:11 PM.