Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #1  

Default IP Chat - April 24-25th

Hey everyone - we got the word again!! Here's the new chat thread

Here is the link to the old thread

IP Chat - April 19 - 25

I've noticed that some of the newer IP Chatters are answering each post individually. This is using up valuable chat thread space and causing dial up users to have a harder time getting on and having the pages load.

If you go down to the right hand corner, you will notice there is a button to quote and then next to it is another button called multi-quote - use this option to answer many people at once. Read the entire page of the thread and hit multi-quote for anyone you would like to respond too. Once you get to the last quote you want to comment on hit quote and all of the people you want to respond to will be quoted in one message!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by jordanna; 04-24-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

had a hard time finding the thread. Having a hard day emotionally. Please pray for me today
Old 04-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  

This is my first time here and I am so excited to find you all. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

First of all, how do I get one of those cute pounds counters you have on the bottom of your posts?

Second, I am starting the 4th week of IP with 15 pounds down. I started eating the "one a day" packets and I have noticed that I am no longer in ketosis. Is this normal>

Thanks so much!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #4  

Hey Fluffy - sorry to hear your having such a rotten day, you're in my thoughts. Sometimes when things are going really wrong for me I try to remember that sometimes the reason God puts us on a certain path isn't clear in the beginning but that there is a reason and that this too shall pass

Hiya Amy welcome to 3FC!

Regarding the ticker, you will be able to get a signature after 20 days and 25 posts so it's just a matter of waiting!

Regarding the restricted items this was discussed in the last weeks thread as well as many other threads - I'd suggest going back to read through some of them, there is lots of great advice from lots of great people! This is the gist of the restricted items:

recent research on the diet has come out showing that people are falling in and out of ketosis when they are eating restricted items everyday. People are using much more sweetner and extras than the diet originally intended and that combined with restricted items is causing people not to be able to stay in ketosis.

Without ketosis this is a starvation diet as we are only consuming about 700ish calories per day and that's not what IP is advocating - so in order to combat that, coaches are now being told to recommend that in the beginning to get deep in to ketosis clients should avoid restricted items, and after a few weeks they are allowed to have a couple a week as a treat.

That's where the variation comes from. Also, IP is doing regional training sessions to try to standardize the care clients are receiving and the information they are being given

Last edited by jordanna; 04-24-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
had a hard time finding the thread. Having a hard day emotionally. Please pray for me today

I am so sorry to hear about your family situation. I truly wish you all the best. Stay strong. Mind yourself and take care of what you need. It is important that you do for those little ones of yours!

Prayers,
Old 04-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much for the explanation on the restricted items. I was told I could have 2 a week and on those days do NOT have any other restricted items such as bars or chips. To be it seems silly to go through the trouble of being on this diet and then sabatage is by having one bad packet. As of today I wont have any of those for a while.

I am at day 6 now. I broke down yesterday and bought ketosis stix. I tried it last night and I am in ketosis but not dark purple at all...I am about 5mg/l which is the 3rd colour pallet on the box. I made my boy friend do it too as a negative control and his had no colour so I know something is happening.

Here is my main question: Should I be getting to the deep purple range eventually or maybe I never will??

ps: cheated 2 nights ago and had a very slim vodka drink with soda water....excuse: brother and family were in town for one night. Zero food cheating though, except that I had salmon and well that is fatty fish.

guess I just need someone to tell me that I am not messing up. I have my next appointment with nutritionist in 5 days as I didn't want to go every week.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #7  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Hi all,
Just joined the site, but have been reading it for about 2 weeks. So informative and helpful (and convinced me to give IP a try!) I have to say I find it hard to navigate on the board, I was able to read all the chats (in a row) through Jan 31st and then the thread just stopped and I could not figure out where it went. And then I found this one. But I feel sad that I missed that 2-1/2 months of everyone's story! Anyway, if anyone has any "navigational" advice I would appreciate it, I cannot seem to find any directions about it on the site in general...

All that said, here I am! My partner and I started on plan on Monday and he is already down (unofficially) 10 lbs. Our first weigh in should be this week but I will be out of town for work. So, my first weigh in will be 2 weeks in. I am hoping I can stay motivated without that number, especially when traveling and working.

I have to say I feel different already. NSV: Last night we went to a concert and I could cross my legs and they stayed crossed, that counts as success for me!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #8  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Took me a while to get throught the posts. And I had only missed 2 days. Wow. I just have to read everything, cause I don't want to miss anything at all.

Fluffymam....You have been in my thoughts for the last few days. Please remember that things will turn out all right. It is tough now, but when you look back you see that it was for the best.

jordana and CW.....congrats, I'm so excited for you guys.

libbyshims....great pics, you look awesome.

Hi newbies and lurkers....welcome....I like most of the IP foods and nothing has made me gag. I thought that was funny. But, that is why I'm in the shape I am cause I like almost everything!!!!

I just ended my 8th week and have been on boot camp the whole time. Have had the vinegar crisps occassionally, but for the most part nothing restricted. I do some excersize on the Wii or I walk, but I am not faithful with it. I am down 28 lbs(1.4 this week) so that makes an average of 3.5 lbs per week. I'm thrilled with that kind of loss. To see what I really lost the last 2 weeks you about have to combine them as I was out of town last week and couldn't weigh. I weighed in on Mon. for a 4.5 lb. loss and adding this weeks to it(weighed today) it makes 5.9 for the 2 weeks. I would love to make the 160's by next Sat.
So excited about everyone's NSV's this week.
I will be very busy next week, so may only lurk....but, I am thinking about all of you. Keep up the good work.

Forgot to mention a couple other things. I drink 64 oz of water plus I drink anywhere from 3 to 6 cups of hot tea.(decaff) I was just counting the tea as some of my water, but my coach wanted me to drink all the water plus. It has made me feel fuller and seems to have helped my weight loss a little. We will see next week for sure.

I also make my soups with reduced sodium chicken broth. It adds some flavor. I asked the coach about this and she said it was fine. I'm sure some probably don't allow it.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #9  

anyone know why ONLY raw onions are allowed and not cooked??
Old 04-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #10  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

onions convert their starch into more sugar when they cook (which is why they carmelize and taste so good!). but green onions, leeks and shallots are ok cooked.

My new discovery:
the crunchy cereal in a shaker with water (and a small splash of carb-reduced milk, if you want) add a DROP of vanilla and some nutmeg. shake and pour into your bowl. nummy!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #11  

[QUOTE=Rocky Monarch;3263036]onions convert their starch into more sugar when they cook (which is why they carmelize and taste so good!). but green onions, leeks and shallots are ok cooked.

Thanks a bunch! I love shallots. Was thinking of making burgers tonight and I always like mixing them with onions, I'll try it with shallots.
---------merge --------------
dont mean to whiney but I have so much thinking work to do for work and can not concentrate due to lack of food. Its day 6, and I know I am in ketosis so why doesn't this feeling of disorientation not go away. Its killing me and making me so inefficient in what I have to do.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #12  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
...I was able to read all the chats (in a row) through Jan 31st and then the thread just stopped and I could not figure out where it went. And then I found this one. But I feel sad that I missed that 2-1/2 months of everyone's story! Anyway, if anyone has any "navigational" advice I would appreciate it, I cannot seem to find any directions about it on the site in general...

First WELCOME to all the newbies! You'll find a lot of support and advice here.

To find the missing chats: Scroll to the blue/purple toolbar at the top of the page. Click the down arrow by Search and click on "Advanced Search." Once the new screen opens, type "Ideal Protein" in the Search by Key Word Box and under Search in Forums scroll down to "Carb Counters" and select the child forum "Other Reduced Carb Diets." Finally click the "Search Now" button and the results will include all the weekly chats that have been going on.

Happy Reading!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #13  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

thank you ladies for your support. I am trying to get through this, day by day, but some days are just much harder than others! Your support means the world to me!!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #14  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
You are in my thoughts and prayers and everything will work out perfectly

I hope this posts ok as I am using my Blacberry. We had a bit of bad weather here and lightning fried our modem (my Fiance is trying to fix the situation as we speak) but no matter the weather you have me here! Guess I can't keep away from 3FC now lol... Better that tan food I guess hahaha

Many hugs Fluffy, good energy is being sent your way
Old 04-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Fell off wagon today. Not sure what got into me. Won't even say what I ate, because it made no sense. Sometimes the stress of not eating and counting every morsel is so overwhelming.

I just want to be a normal person who eats 'normally'. I had hoped that after 30+ days I would have learned how to eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm not. Instead, now I'm a thinner obsessed person!!

Hoping for a better day tomorrow...
Closed Thread