Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #1  

Default Newbie....HELP!

Hello! I just stumbled on to this site today and am sooo thankful you are all here! I have been doing this diet for awhile and have felt very alone with it! I have no support group here and feel like I am doing it all wrong. I have lost 20.8 lbs but its taken awhile because I just can't stay motivated. I have 2 kids and a husband who I cook for and they eat healthy but of course its not anything I can eat!

Just wanted to jump on here and see what helps you. Any tips or tricks? Just from reading what I have so far has given me a few ides! I appreciate this place so much already!

Also, any tips on easy salad dressings and vegetable "snacks" would be great! Thx in advance!
laurie beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Hi Laurie beth..... you will love this site. There is a thread for actual recipes here, so if you go back under " other reduced carb diets" it should be there. There are a lot of really creative folks on here that have come up with some great ideas.
I also have a husband and 2 kids that I now "cook by smell" for. We have always eaten healthy, hubby is in great condition. I seem to be able to control what I had put in their mouths, just not mine, hahaha.
My favorite new treat is rhubarb. If you are a fan of rhubarb pie then this would be great for you. I just use frozen or fresh(it's not ready here yet) and add a little Splenda (which is allowed) and zap it in the microwave. It always feels like I must be cheating. Who knew that something so good would be a phase 1 unrestricted veggie
Salad dressings, I found out through this site that Walden Farms works really well. Here in Canada you can also buy them in little individual packets for .99cents which is great if you are going out for a lunch or dinner. Really reduces stress.
Having said that 20.8lbs. WOW! You should be feeling really great about that!

Hope this helped a little There is also a chat thread that is on here for those of us on IP. So check that out there are some great people with some inspiring successes, as well of lots of support for those "blah" days.
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Fruit salads are what I eat a lot. Cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, YUM! You could try having that for lunch snacks?
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #4  

water, water, water, and more water!!
ccook43091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

I can't tell for sure which plan you are going by-there are so many choices in each forum.

snap peas and sugar peas are good snack vegetables- have fiber and are chewy and don't require a dip.

My easy salad dressing comes out of a bottle raspberry viniagrette 20 cal tbls
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #6  

I am in phase 1 of IP. I thought we couldn't have fruit? Sugar Snap Peas are my favorite but I thought I couldn't have those either?

Thanks for the tip on the Rhubarb! So gonna' have to try that!

Thanks for the replies! Just finding this site has already given me some encouragement that I am not the only one doing this diet....which is how I felt before this morning! LOL! Thanks again!
laurie beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie beth View Post
I am in phase 1 of IP. I thought we couldn't have fruit? Sugar Snap Peas are my favorite but I thought I couldn't have those either?

Thanks for the replies! Just finding this site has already given me some encouragement that I am not the only one doing this diet....which is how I felt before this morning! LOL! Thanks again!
You'll want to go to the "IP CHAT April 24 - 25" for current chat. You can also read back through the past few months. We will change and there will be a new one tomorrow, but the information is very good and all IP all the time! Good luck.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie beth View Post

WELCOME!! Yes, you are 100% correct. On the IDEAL PROTEIN DIET, NO...NO.. fruits til phase 3. ALSO, no sugar snap peas or other peas.

Come on over to the ideal protein threads under reduced carb diets. Lots of support and recipes are available!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote