Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #1  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

S/C/G: 227/227/148

Height: 5.6

Default Simply filling?

Hi all,

I've been doing WW Flex Point for about 1 month now but I'm considering switching to the Simply Filling Program. It seems to have it's advantage, (consistently healthy eating, no counting points) but I does seem more challenging. My question is, if you have switched from Flex to Core, did you find it much harder and that it required more discipline and willpower?

TIA
Bonnie
Gottadoit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Woops, it looks like no one answered you.

From my view, yes. Core requires more will power. But, a lot of us try to eat Core foods and still count. Call it "Flore" if you will!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #3  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

S/C/G: 227/227/148

Height: 5.6

Hi Rhonda,

Flore :-) sounds like a nice compromise!

Thanks for your response.

Last edited by Gottadoit1; 05-03-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Gottadoit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #4  

I have done the weight watchers flex program and was thinking of trying the core as well. It makes a lot of sense to just stick with the flex program but incorporate more core foods, I know for me anyway, not counting points, which I assume you don't do with the core program would probably be dangerous.
Jen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

When I'm doing Flex, I tend to eat too many "empty calories." When doing CORE, I'm eating healthier but need to be careful with portion control. So, I'm thinking FLORE would take care of both issues.

Now to confess: Right now I am experiencing burnout--not WW's fault. It's mine. So I am doing something entirely different for a bit.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you both the best.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-22-2010 at 03:02 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #6  
Healthy Chick in Training

S/C/G: 243.8/ticker/179

Height: 5.3

I tried core once. I found out that I could eat avocado, lean beef and drink all the skim milk I "needed to feel satisfied" and gained 6 pounds in one week. I guess if I knew when I felt satisfied, I wouldn't be fat.

For me, the discipline is what I need.
jennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #7  

I was able to stay on Core and lose 50 lbs a while back. I got a bunch of recipes and meals that I had over and again, i.e. Surf and Turf (lean steak, jumbo shrimp and a baked potato with side salad). Sweets are not my down fall. If I was still hungry after having a meal I would zap some veggie soup that I kept in the fridge.

The down side is that I never learned how to get my portion sizes and over all volume of intake under control. As a matter of fact, the volume of food I need to feel full increased.
mobyclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #8  
Fatty 2x4

S/C/G: 180/180 (boo..)/140 for now

Height: 5'5'

Shoot, I posted my intro thread in the Flex forum, confusing it with Core Well, what I meant to say there was that I'm starting out on Core after having done Flex for awhile. I too eat many empty calories. I need to cut out the junk more than I need portion control. I think "Flore" is a great idea! I want to eat Core with whole foods.
IndieSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I, for one, have no doubt that Core foods, as close to "clean" as you can get, counting calories and controlling portions will get you where you want to be.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote