Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default someone please kick my butt

i knew this was going to happen. im just flailing. i started out with 150 as my goal weight, moved it to 145, then 135.

the problem is that im too comfortable at this weight. i still dont have the body i wanted and i really want these last 13-15 lbs off! but... my old clothes fit now, i feel pretty comfortable in public, and ive been doing intuitive eating for the last month or so and maintaining/having small losses. i knew that when i got pretty close to goal weight id start getting too comfortable and lose my motivation to go for those last 10-15.

anyone else have this happen? i need to REmotivate but i just cant seem to do it!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #2  
Taking care of me.

Congrats on your success.

I have no idea how it feels to be where you are. But if you need motivation how about pulling out some pix of you at your highest weight and leaving them out in places where they are a constant reminder of where you don't want to go again? Maybe that will help.

Or how about putting 50 pounds of something in a bag by the door you enter your home thru and every time you go thru that door lift that bag and remember you've lost more than that.

Just some ideas.

Last edited by MoveMoveMove; 04-22-2010 at 06:14 PM.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have never been so small, so I am VERY happy with where I am, but I'm also looking forward to getting to 135 (I'd like to get to 135 and maintain between that and 140).

As long as you aren't getting too relaxed with eating and exercising, it's not a bad idea to just maintain for awhile. It will let your body adjust to your new set point. It's actually often recommended to maintain for a few weeks or even months after losing more than 10% of your body weight. After quickly losing so much, our bodies are still fighting to get back to our previous set weight, but if you maintain for awhile, everything will adjust.

I say, if you're happy, just mellow out for awhile until you're ready to get back in weight loss mode again. If anything, you'll get to practice healthy controlled maintaining. Just don't let yourself slide backwards. Sorry...this wasn't much of a butt-kicking, haha.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #4  

Congrats on your weight loss, I'm actually in the same boat, I started out at 150 then gradually went down to my current weight of 127. I still need to tone up but sometimes I do let food get the best of me. Mainly just controlling portion sizes and carbs.
RedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I think as the weight goes down, you get kinda un-motivated sometimes because you start to think this is "good enough". And, actually, a lot of times it is! But for me, I wanted to keep continuing because I just wanted to see it through. I wanted to actually meet my goal. To not quit. And believe me, these last pounds have been a lot harder than the earlier pounds. It's hard to stay motivated when everyone around you tells you that you look great.

But someone on these boards.....and I actually believe it was Rockin' Robin, told me to not settle. To not accept anything but the best for myself. To not offer myself only "good enough". And she was right! And I still remember that and think about it, so thanks Robin!

Julia, you can do this. And something I heard someone say recently is that "it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there, as long as you don't quit". So take your time if you have to, but keep moving in the right direction. You do deserve to be the best "you" you can be!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I honestly don't believe we should live or die by our goal weights. We are all making estimates on what we think we should weight at weights much heavier. Weight in and of itself is not a good indication of the way we look or our health. This is further complicated by whether we have built more muscle through exercise. Percentage of body fat / measurements / size are much better indicators of our success. My suggestion for you would be to not fixate on your original goal weight.

That being said... Stop and evaluate your body right now as if you haven't set a goal weight at all. Are you really unhappy with what you see? If you aren't then do you need a shift in your perception or in your weight? If you aren't happy where you are right now then you need to make a mental or physical change. Life is too dang short for us to be unhappy with our bodies! We get only one body and one life. (As far as I know! ) Consider your tush kicked for SOME sort of change.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renwomin View Post
I honestly don't believe we should live or die by our goal weights. We are all making estimates on what we think we should weight at weights much heavier. Weight in and of itself is not a good indication of the way we look or our health. This is further complicated by whether we have built more muscle through exercise. Percentage of body fat / measurements / size are much better indicators of our success. My suggestion for you would be to not fixate on your original goal weight.

That being said... Stop and evaluate your body right now as if you haven't set a goal weight at all. Are you really unhappy with what you see? If you aren't then do you need a shift in your perception or in your weight? If you aren't happy where you are right now then you need to make a mental or physical change. Life is too dang short for us to be unhappy with our bodies! We get only one body and one life. (As far as I know! ) Consider your tush kicked for SOME sort of change.
Agreed when I first started a few year's back I was obssessed that if I became a certain weight I would be happy. Well I am happy but it wasn't until recently that I FINALLY realized the scale is only a number. While I am still happy that I reached my goal of finally being in the 120's, there is still work to be done. I do hope to shed these last few pounds and learn better eating habits.
RedRock is offline   Reply With Quote