Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Your weight loss is totally inspiring. And I was very happy to read your post, because in the last 3 weeks I've slowly been coming around too to decide to go to maintenance. Even though I have stalled at 143 and not reached 140 (which was a goal I changed to anyway when it seemed like I was losing fairly easily still when I reached my initial goal of 150).

But for some weeks I irrationally wanted 140, because, I think, it is a round number. But I decided a couple of days ago that since it = 65 kg (which is what my scale is in anyway) that is a round number too.

It made it easier that one of the people I was using as my figure "models" told me today how good I looked and how "skinny" my legs were. Nobody EVER in my memory has said I was skinny.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Hey Bronzeager.

That is great -I know, someone said same about my legs the other day, and I was sooo chuffed, nice feeling isn't it!!!

I dont know what it is but maybe it is relaxing a bit or something (i think those of us who get obsessed by a round number find this v. hard) but today, I am actually at 157 - under my new goal. So I think yes, stop obsessing and give maintenance a go at the 143, who knows - the 140 might just happen anyway. But - and here is where I find it easy to give advice and difficult to listen to it!! if you stay at the 143 be happy with that!!
Well done to you too
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote