Old 04-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #1  
The Last 10lbs!

Default Contemplating Coming Back...

I did WW about two years ago and lost 20lbs. I recently tried it again last year to lose my last 10lbs but found I was far too hungry and perhaps not as motivated as I was before. The thing is, I know WW works because it's worked for me. I'm calorie counting now and eating about 1500 calories per day and more on weekends (like the 35 extra points we get on WW) but I'm not going ANYWHERE and I'm so frustrated because I've been at this weight for months. I'd love to hear how you all are doing on the points and if you've switched from WW to calorie counting or back again and if it's made a difference. I need some motivation!!

Thanks
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

Hello, i tried WW once but with no results, i was way too hungry and just couldn't stick to it! i am counting cals now and am doing reasonably well. I eat about 1500 cal a day when i can't get a work out in and 1700 when i can work out. Do you do any running? i have seen the biggest change in myself sincce i started training for a 5K and a 10K
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 AM   #3  
The Last 10lbs!

I've run a few times but the weather has only recently started getting nice. I do intend to do more in the future.

I found I lost a lot more weight with WW than with counting calories, but I'm glad it's working for you! I've been counting calories for about 4-5 months now and haven't really made any successful progress eating between 1500-1700 a day. I keep going between 153-156 and my ticker is still at 152 because that's the lowest I had and I don't want to change it until I reach 152 again!

Thanks for your input, but I'm not sure calorie counting is working for me. I'm eating very well, perhaps better than I ever have, but the weight just isn't coming off.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

I rejoined WW yesterday. I too was on it two years ago, and I had lost 40 pds. I am looking to lose 25-30 pounds or so. Good luck!
lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Well, by your signature ticker I see you are 152 lb. Are you very active during the day with an active job? How tall are you?

There is somewhere on line where you can find out how many points you are supposed to get per day based on their new system.

1500-1600 calories seems like a lot for your weight. It could be just a matter of cutting back 200-300 calories per day and/or not eating your 35 extra flex points.

For example, I am 160 lb, 5 ft 6 in with a sedentary job and work out 4x weekly. I am eating 23 points daily (approx 1200-1300 calories) and losing.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #6  
The Last 10lbs!

Good luck to you too Lexi! Thanks!

Choirgirl, I am going by what the Daily Plate tells me I should be eating to lose 1.5lbs per week but also think it must be a bit high (I am 22 though and expect that you get more calories/day the younger you are?). During term time I walk about 45 minutes 4+ times a week, but am on Easter holidays right now so am not doing as much exercise as usual. I've just started doing the 30 Day Shred as well but otherwise am not overly active and spend a lot of time writing for my degree.

Last time I did WW I got 19 points and was starving, which is why I switched to calorie counting, but I don't think the amount I'm supposed to eat is accurate for me as I have not really lost anything since I stopped WW. This is why I am considering coming back.

Thanks for your reply
Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #7  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

You shouldn't be "starving" on WWs, especially if you slip more 0 point veggies in to fill you up. It's all about the food choices really.

Best of luck, freedomreins!

-edit-
Oh and on the motivation thing, how are you tracking your weight loss? Strictly by scale? If so, throw some body measurements in too to keep you going especially since you are near your goal and doing shred. Also set other goals than just that number on the scale, exercise goals are a good one. I like to see how much I can lift or walk for example, maybe you could track those shred exercises and your improvements doing them. Some people like to have a piece of clothing they want to fit into and use that to gauge progress. Sometimes you really have to fight to keep motivated, but keep on working at it, you'll get there as long as you don't cave in!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 04-23-2010 at 12:31 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

I found at 23 or so points I was totally fine (what I started with), but as soon as I had 19 I was just hungry all the time. I know it's possible not to be, and I was eating as many vegetables as I could really stand, but I think this time I'll have to add in some soup or something to fill me up even more. I really hated soup a few years ago but it's growing on me now.

I have taken measurements recently for the shred so will do that again when I'm done. Thanks Zan (hope it's okay to call you that!).

I think I'll sign up for WW Online on Monday. I have done it that way before and since I'm used to using the Daily Plate to track my calories it's a habit I'm already in. I have some birthday money to spend as well and this would be a good gift to myself!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #9  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hm. Were you eating all of your weekly and activity points at 19 daily points?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #10  
The Last 10lbs!

Yep, all of them and then some because I was hungry. :S I'm at 20 points now because I'm over 150lbs, so I'm hoping that I can get back into the habit of eating less. I live alone this year, no flatmates to entice me with their yummy food and no shortage of fridge space for good choices (only has one tiny shelf before) so perhaps I'll be more successful this time
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #11  
Warning 3FC Addict

Yeah, hopefully the lack of roommates will help! I've got one that lives off of canned soup, processed ham sandwiches, beer, and ramen noodles.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #12  
Ashley

S/C/G: 189/189/145

Height: 5/6

I just rejoined because its the only thing that has ever worked for me...I rejoined about two months ago and I really could not get motivated...the meeting I attended just did not do it for me so I did not go back...Now I have found that one thing that will really motivate me, and a meeting I really love going to...good luck and weight watchers really works if you work it!!
behndthezblueyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'6''

I find that 1500 cal a day is still not a lot. Maybe hop your calorie intake and add a 15 to 45 min. a day walk to your routine. I find that if I combine a walk with other activities that helps me a lot.
helene1 is offline   Reply With Quote