Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: ONE Positive thing about me today is......PART EIGHT

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART EIGHT........

Today I am Happy once again to give birth to Part EIGHT of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can, instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORN. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP YOU AND SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will is some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS PARTY started and SHOW you how we roll. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here, we are family!!!!!!

Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-21-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Ok all, I'll go first...
Well Tuesday was my birthday, exellcent day, the kids bought me a glass oil lamp which I love and the hubby got me a new softball mitt. From 9pm Tuesday to 9pm tonight it was our first free day of the year, we all indulged on the things we don't have anymore...Maggie Moo's ice cream Tuesday night, burgers and fries for lunch today and Chinese for dinner. I enjoyed it, the kids enjoyed it but we're all glad it's over. It's amazing how much junk food well makes you feel like junk...we don't have another one till August so we're all ok with it. Now I'm ready to get back to exercising and so are the kids. It's good to shake your body up every once in a while.

I missed my birthday goal by 2 pounds but I know it'll come in the next few weeks got into a sundress I haven't been able to wear in about 4 years...that was awesome.

Now it's on to the next set of goals....I'm looking to get close to 260 around the middle of June...feeling so much better now than ever.

I've told some ladies about this website, one is having health issues..I hope they come, they are super great people.

Ags-the kids are so tickled you love Samba de Amigo.

All my love
Faith
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ags and Sweetcakes I was a little confused by two positive threads being current, but then I saw the part eight and figured it out.

My positive is my son's spring band concert is coming up and this time I will get to see him in the main band and the jazz band. I'm really proud of him and looking forward to it.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #4  

Good Morning Part Eight!
Let me get right down to business, cause I hear mom stirring in her room.

Ags- Thank you for getting numero eighto up and running. You are on the ball baby. Now remember it's thursday and that's your WI night, you going or not. So glad your feeling better.

Amy- Again, congratulations on the NSV. Your rockin' it girl!

gggirls- So nice to see your smiling face. How are you doing?

Ink- So sorry your being bothered with allergies, I hope the Zyrtec helps without knocking you out. Enjoy your Colorado weather. I haven't been there in over 16 years. It's a beautiful state.

thinmint- Welcome to our thread! Love that song and yes it is perfect for a weight loss motto. Congratulations on the 26 pounds, that's awesome!

sweet- Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a blast. Mmmm! Ice cream!

babble- Glad your getting into the swing of things with the start of part eight and we didn't lose you. How old is your son? I'm sure you are proud of him, he sounds great. Enjoy the concert.

As for me, I was POP yesterday. I plan on doing the same today. As I was taking mom for her walk yesterday she mentioned how her and dad use to go for drives with no real destination, so I thought I would take her for a drive today and maybe hit the drive thru at Dunkin Donuts, get us each a coffee and then go sit at the beach like her and dad did and watch the 2" waves roll in. Yes I said 2"! Our beach is really tiny and being on the Gulf of Mexico side of FL, we don't get waves. These little things really make her day.
That's it for me this morning, I hope everyone has a fantastic thursday. Let's get out there and POP it!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

learn and agg- the site I use is moneysavingmom. I use it as my base site and have found many others from her site. Hip2save is another of my favorites.
I had another pop day...but stress is everywhere...keep us in your prayers.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

My positive for today is that I saw 307 on the scale for the first time I don't know if I can really trust it, but it was nice to see. Motivation to stay on plan and work hard to keep those numbers going down!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #7  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Morning Ladies!

Learn and Aggs - Thanks for such a wonderful welcome!

I sort of have a NSV for this morning! I had bought some new underwear yesterday and since what I had was starting to get a little big I decided to go a couple sizes smaller. I tried a pair on this morning and they fit perfectly!!!! Who knew underwear could make a person happy

Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I had another pop day...but stress is everywhere...keep us in your prayers.
I'll be praying that what ever it is that is so stressful settles down soon.
Take care of yourself!

Learn
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #9  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening my darlings,

Learn, By George, I think we have all night gate keepers now, how cool is that!!! I love it, you ladies keeping opening the store for me cause I'm a hold that pillow till it holla's kinda gal. LOL LOL I am loving all the positives we are hearing from you about you and your mom. walks, drives, going out for breakfast and now watching the waves roll in, oh yeah, sounds super duper positive to me!!! You are Rockin!!!

Sweetie, Why belated Happy Birthday to you gal!!! Your day was filled with life, love and fun. So happy you enjoyed yourself. Sweetie, yo will be in that dress before you know it and your new goal is a good one, you will do it, because that is how my SWEETE ROLLS!!!!! You are so determined and focused it is just amazing. Amaze me baby. Smooches to the kids!!!

Bable, I am so sorry if I confused you, that is why I was trying to informed everyone early about the closing of Part Seven and the opening of Part Eight. Again, I apologize for confusing you. The good part is you found us!!!! What instrument does your son play? Enjoy the concert, memories for a lifetime.

D, thank you ever so much for the sites. It is time to save the BIG BUCKS!!!! Father God, in the name of Jesus, I am asking for PEACE, COMFORT, STRENGTH, and GUIDANCE in whatever the situation is that Debbie is going thru, bring her JOY in the morning and give her your PEACE that passes all understanding. Anoint her Lord and grant her Favor, In The Name of Jesus I pray. I am claiming this as done In Jesus Name Amen.

NEON, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!!! When the numbers go down, don't we just SMILE and GLOW like a NEONWILDFLOWER!!!!! Oh yeah babe!!!!
With your positive winning attitude you will accomplish great feats. Happy you are here, so take your shoes off, relax, and stay awhile. When you are here you are family!!!

Thin, girl I know just what you mean. Been there and was super estatic!!! I was so happy I talked about it in our WW's Meeting!! LOL LOL That was a hoot especially since we have men in our meetings. LOL Oh yeah it's the little things that mean soooo much. Outstanding positive, keep 'em coming!!!!

My positive for today is................I did not die my first day back to work, it was close.....but I am still here, it will take more than a upper resp. to take the AGS out!!!! My WI was horrible, and the positive is.........I still did not die from that either. I am still standing with my head of high. I know what I did and I am taking full responsibility for it!!!! I GAINED SIX WHOLE POUNDS and now for sure, I know exactly what not to do. Between my water retention and all of my bad choices, I got what I deserved. But now, I deserve better and it shall be!!!! YAY ME!!!

Later sweet taters,
Hugs love and blessings,
AGs
Old 04-23-2010, 01:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

Height: 5'9"

learn- Thank you, he is 13. So everything I learned as a Mom is changing b/c teenagers are a little unpredictable, but he is a great kid. I'm glad your Mom enjoyed herself. The Gulf of Mexico is a beautiful place to see the beach.

dgramie - Will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Neon- That's awesome, congratulations

thinmint - Nice NSV buying smaller sizes is a good one.

Ags- No need to apologize for anything, I figured it out.
My son plays Trumpet. Thanks, it will be fun to see. I'm so glad to hear you made it through the first day back at work. Keep taking care of you and feeling better.

My positive is even though I have not been POP I haven't let TOM turn me into a eating machine. I've made sure to work on getting my exercise minute goal done by next week. Wow, it is almost May. So I haven't done exactly as I would have liked, but I have done way better than I have since I started coming here and participating.

TGIF everyone.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #11  

T.G.I.F.
Good Friday Morning!
The weekend is comin', hot diggity dog!

dgramie- Thank you for the website info. I hope you had a great day and things are a little less stressful. Have a great day!

neon- Congratulations on your weight lose! That is awesome! Just keep doing what your doing, cause it's working girl. So happy to have you on the POSITIVE thread. Have a great day!

thinmint- YAY!!! No more tighty whities!!! LOL!!! I had that NSV about 4 or 5 months ago. Nothing worse then your bloomers falling down, right? Have a great day!

Ags- O.K. neightbor, let's get back on the dance floor and dance your tooshy off. You got a WI in 7 days and you gonna knock em' dead. A little water retention tip, eat more potasium (like bananas, wheat germ, etc.) and it will help your body release the water retention. Have a great day!

babble- Ahh, teenagers! My son turned 13 last November. He gets a little moody, but he's a fantastic kid. I have put a contract out on TOM so many times and he keeps eluding our efforts. I am expecting a visit from him soon also. Awesome job on the exercise, keep it going girl. Have a great day!

As for me, I was POP yesterday. The scale is up 3.5 this morning due to TOM coming in for a visit soon. But as long as I don't let him drive me to sticking my head into a potato chip bag, that 3.5 will disappear in about 10-14 days. I didn't take mom for her drive yesterday due to her not sleeping well, so we'll try for today. I can hear her snoring away right now in the room next to me, so hopefully that's a good sign.

That's all folks! I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Make it POP!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 04-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #12  

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers yesterday. Please keep them coming our way. Yesterday was a bit better of a day. Thank God!!
My positive is that the scales are going down...
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone ... I got DF to go for a walk with me yesterday, just a little walk but at least it was something. We looked at the Spring flowers here, I had forgotten the spring-flowering trees and how beautiful they are. We came to quite a steep hill, so I go into my hill climbing mode -- you know, swinging the arms, leaning forward, probably looking like I'm getting ready to run an Olympic Marathon to my sweetie who has never seen me in anything other than my "stroll" mode. He thought it was funny, but on the other hand, he didn't think it was much of a hill, LOL.

My exercise has plummeted since I came to NY because I don't have my classes, but I have -- amazingly -- lost about 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks since I've been here! So, down south I am exercising a lot, watching and counting everything and up here my exercise has "gone south", and while I am really watching my portions, I have definitely loosened up on my restrictions as we are eating out so much ... and I lose 4 pounds!

I certainly wish I could figure out this weight loss stuff, but I will take what I can get and I am happy.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #14  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Sweet Ladies! HAPPY FRIDAY
Ags - I just LOVE your attitude!! Absolutely LOVE it! You DO deserve the best hun! Keep Smiling

Learn - Great job being POP Sorry its TOM, I hate TOM. I hope you are able to take your Mom for a drive today, Im sure she will love it.

dgramie - Im glad things are getting a bit better for you & your family. Congrats on the scale going down!! thats great!

CJ - YAY for releasing 4 pounds!! thats fantastic!

As for me - Its been raining the past two days so NO tennis for Krista *cries* and have I done any other type of exercise to "fill in"?? of course not..LOL. oh well I LOVE the rain! I sat on the porch yesterday for about an hour while I watched my son dance around with his umbrella singing non other than "Singing in the Rain" Life doesn't get much better than that! My positive for today: 1) its FRIDAY 2) its still Raining 3) I woke up without a headache for the first time in a long time! I think today is going to be a GREAT day!

I hope everyone has a beautiful day today! Keep those heads up & have fun this weekend!!! <3

Old 04-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #15  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

NSV today - was able to put on a smaller size pant and smaller size bra (band size... .I wouldn't be celebrating a cup size shrinkage)!

Congrats to everyone for their victories this week
Closed Thread