Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Default Favorite Tattoos

Hi girls,
I was reading PrettyPaula's post thread about sleeves and was curious - anyone have any dream tattoos you would get if you could, or any tattoos that you're really proud of?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'd really like tribal kind of tattoo around my ankle and up the back of my leg. Or my whole back. I havent any designs in mind, but it's something I'm looking into.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #3  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

most of my dream tattoos involve getting the ones i already have worked on as they are all around 10 years old. i love the look of new ink. the back of my left calf is covered by an ankh. i'm getting it redone as soon as i find a good artist and get some dough.

i've got visions of grandeur to redo all my tats. i recently redid my seahorse on my ankle and made it more colorful and friendly. i got it done in my angst years and it was more of an evil seahorse with horns and red eyes. now it looks doe eyed and sweet with kelp and bubbles around it

on my right arm i have the name of my first cat whom i had to put to sleep several years ago. since her passing i have gotten three cats. i'd love to find a good portrait tatoo artist and get a half sleeve of all three cats. have them curled into one another with my first cat's name remaining in the middle.

obsessed with my cats, i know.

i got three more tats i am revisioning, but keeping the same idea.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #4  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

While I was helping my parents go thru their estate... I found a beautiful tea cup saucer (no cup) With a pattern of cherry blossoms. I want them on my shoulders, one curving and wrapping around to the front the other to the back. I also want a design Im working on for gauntlets on each arm. I do henna and as time goes by with my two little boys, I get busier and busier, I want something always there. My DH is giving me $10 for every pound I loose so I win both ways. Money for a new tattoo and a leaner body to display them on! The wrist and shoulders are to cover up old cheap tattoos, a snake, and a homemade felix the cat. I have two other tattoos on my leg, (anklette and a thigh design about 20" x 4") I kinda like em' b/c I did them myself and they are clean and pretty.
I really think tattoos are such good "keep you in check" kinda things in that one doesnt really want to get too big and ruin the design. A sleave looks so sexy on a well toned arm... not so hot sitting on top of a lot of flab and cellulite. I'll have to post em when I get em
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  
My cat is fat too.

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post
most of my dream tattoos involve getting the ones i already have worked on as they are all around 10 years old. i love the look of new ink. the back of my left calf is covered by an ankh. i'm getting it redone as soon as i find a good artist and get some dough.

i've got visions of grandeur to redo all my tats. i recently redid my seahorse on my ankle and made it more colorful and friendly. i got it done in my angst years and it was more of an evil seahorse with horns and red eyes. now it looks doe eyed and sweet with kelp and bubbles around it

on my right arm i have the name of my first cat whom i had to put to sleep several years ago. since her passing i have gotten three cats. i'd love to find a good portrait tatoo artist and get a half sleeve of all three cats. have them curled into one another with my first cat's name remaining in the middle.

obsessed with my cats, i know.

i got three more tats i am revisioning, but keeping the same idea.

I have an outline of a cat on my shoulder, and under it says "Matilda" in my own handwriting with a heart. My Matilda died on 3-6-06, and I got the tat for her. I have another cat now, Sampsonite, and after he passes, hopefully many many years from now, I will add his name. (I actually have three cats living in my house, but two of them are my boyfriends)

I also have a big tat on my back that I got when I turned 18. It's a moon and stars drawing that comes from the sleeve of a Smashing Pumpkins album, which is my all time favorite band ever ever ever. It's my fav tat because it's so big and it hurt so bad but I toughed right through it because I'm awesome!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/115/120

Height: 5'1"

I have a hieroglyphics tattoo on my lower back which I need to get touched up. If I can take a picture when it's done I'll post it.

I haven't officially made it my goal/reward, but I want to get a tattoo that says "this too shall pass" on my back, and I'm unofficially waiting until I hit goal before I get it. That, and maybe a lotus flower. I actually had a dream about getting a lotus flower tattoo. So I googled it, and it's kinda fitting. So I don't know if it was a random synapses dream that may just be coincidentally appropriate. ...Or if it was a, you know, meaningful dream.

(I feel like a weirdo for talking about "meaningful dreams." Should a newbie like myself be sounding like a weirdo already? )
Old 08-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #7  
change

the pumpkins rock. siamese dream is one of my fav albums. sorry to hear about matilda pretty kitty (yes my arm says "pretty kitty", but **** that was her name) died 9 years ago and there are times where i still cry. she rocked. she rocked so hard. sampsonite is a rad name btw

i have a tarot card on my left thigh. it's from the osho zen tarot and it's the card for "silence". that's the only one i have where i got the drawing off of something i loved. the deck is soooo beautiful. i have everything but the lake and light reflection, i'm still wondering how to get that done...

Old 08-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

This is really, really weird! I only have one tattoo at this point, and it's artwork from the Smashing Pumpkins melancholly and the infinite sadness album (promise not to laugh at the pic, quality sucks but then I've never attempted to take a photo of my own hip before). My best friend and I got the same tattoo together. We were both such huge fans back then. We saw them eight times together.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (34.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Silverstar33; 08-21-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #9  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I plan on getting two more when I drop this weight. I want the two I have covered up since I no longer like them. I have a small tribal love heart on my lower back which I want to have covered with the tattoo of a small cherry blossom tree but, the trunk of the tree will be a man and womans body entwined. The other I have right now is on my wrsit and it's the Scottish motto (I'm Scottish) "Nemo me impune lacessit"- meaning "no one harms me with impunity". I'd like this covered since the guy messed up the font- I'd like to to be replaced with a lotus flower- the lotus flower germinates at the bottom of the murky water as a weed and rises up to the waters surface and blossoms in to a beautiful flower, kinda reminds me of my weight loss and it would be a daily reminder to make good choices and remain healthier and prettier.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

These are the 2 I have right now, the first is just below my neck and the second is on my right shoulder blade:

I'm seriously considering getting a clarinet tattooed right down my spine...maybe after I meet goal and save up hundreds of dollars, haha. I also eventually want one in color, and I need one on my left shoulder blade so I'm not lopsided anymore ...not so sure about the content of those yet though. My bf and I are both Scorpios, and we've been thinking once we get married (whenever that is, lol) we might each end up with 2 scorpions whose tails are curled to form a heart....we'll see about that one.

Last edited by x meowkat x; 08-21-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #11  
carinna

Too chicken to get a tatoo. But I do think they're way cool!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I only have one, a butterfly on my ankle... it's cute, and my favorite colors (purple and teal) but it's tiny and I really want another.

For a while, I wanted a very specific tattoo but couldn't figure out how to find someone to do it (or a good picture of it)... that fish from Fantasia, from the Nutcracker suite. Kinda goldfish-like, but with pouty lips and long eyelashes. Someone recommended basing it on a picture of Chloe, from Pinocchio, but she's more cute and less sexy, heh.

Now I want something with multicolored stars. I saw a show that was talking about some of the women on the Suicide Girls web site, and one of them had these rainbow stars, I think on her forearm, all different sizes, with thick black outlines and each filled in with a different color. It was adorable.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #13  
change

love the kitty reading sheet music meowkat!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:35 AM   #14  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i have a red gecko lizard on my ankle- got it when i just turned 18. Also have a sun/moon tribal design on my left shoulder that i got w/ my maid of honor the night before i got married.

i don't know if i have a dream tattoo- but i do love whole back pieces and half sleeves on girls i find totally sexy. i don't know if i'd ever do either.

i have my next two tattoos planned though- something, i'm not sure what yet, that is based on my favorite anime series Haibane Renmei. I want that next year for my birthday. Then I want to get a moth on my right foot in honor of my grandmother who's favorite book was A Girl of the Limberlost.

Beyond that I don't know what i want, only that I want all the tattoos that I get to have some meaning to me.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #15  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

I have a thing about tattoos. I love them, but have promised myself that any marks I have will be something so deeply meaningful to me that they'll never be "outdated" by my personality. It took several years to find the first artwork I wanted to put on my body -

It's a tattoo representing my hubby on my lower back, a quill and katana crossing each other.

Now I think I'm ready to add a spiritual/religious symbol as well - a triskele... I'll have to put it somewhere easily hid by clothing since my plan is to become an early gradeschool teacher.

A new tat would make a fantastic "ultimate goal" reward! Thanks for the idea!

Tera
Closed Thread