View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
deinekatze
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourishGirl View Post
I am posting this for anyone that may be thinking about this diet and is wondering what the start up can be like. I am sure that everyone's experience is a little different, but I wish there was a post like this before I started so I knew more of what to expect.

A little about me: I have about +/- 35 pounds to lose. I had a baby 18 months ago and have lost about 15 pounds on my own in the past several months, but this plan really interested me because the results I have seen in others have been rapid! My plan is to stay in Phase I for about 6 weeks and assess my situation then to phase out or stay on a little longer. I felt mentally ready to start this and commit to six weeks without cheats or setbacks, even during travel.

I started IP Monday. I have been pleasantly surprised that I generally like the morning shakes and the soups are tolerable. The chili has been my favorite "meal" so far. Not a fan of the puddings, but I'll talk a little more about that later. By mid-day a nasty headache started on one side of my head and hung around quite strong until I went to bed early Monday evening. I certainly felt tired most of the day and went to bed early due to the headache and fatigue.

Tuesday I followed the plan. I had slight bouts of nausea on and off during the day and a slight headache as well. Both issues were intermitent. I am finding that the supplements tend to upset my stomach, at least I think that is what it is. Perhaps there just isn't enough food to offset them in the tummy? Not sure what I can do about it. i also experienced fatigue in the afternoon of the second day. I took a small nap in my car at lunch while at work. I also awoke several times in the middle of the night with some nausea, but not too severe.

So today is day three. I'm battling a little nausea this morning and slight dizziness None of my symptoms have been fun, but they have not been enough to get me off plan either. I'm hoping that ketosis is in full swing by later today (or already is) and that I will get the "sense of well being and vitality" that I have heard others speak of on this plan.

The food has been fine, except I hate pudding. It's a texture issue for me. So my coach suggested making it a shake, but the two times I have done it so far have been disappointing. I did read that you can freeze the pudding and maybe it would be more like ice cream? That sounds better, but it is a bit hard to do at work when I would normally be eating my "snack." Any suggestions from experienced IP'ers would be appreciated here.

And just in case anyone is wondering I have been drinking 10 8 oz glasses of water and taking my sea salt...but it still hasn't helped with the symptoms very much. I just think my body is fighting this a bit, and I have accepted that there will be symptoms.

Overall, I haven't felt great the past few days. But, it is doable. The one thing that sticks in my mind; if getting into ketosis makes me feel like this after a cheat, there is NO WAY I will do anything to risk going out of the big "K" by cheating in the next 6 weeks. No thanks!

My first weigh in is Friday. I can tell by my home scale that I am already down about 3 pounds, which I know is just water. I'll keep you posted on my results!
Hi and welcome to the IP club ;-)

Are you taking Omega 3? And the Olive Oil? I found that helped me TONS! I actually took more Omega 3's than suggested to balance it off a bit and it really did help... but you see I was MOODY! and needed the "fats" I guess.

Good luck! and more water always too... if you can that is...

Elizabeth's progress photos
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote