Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Unhappy Ok so I messed up for a few weeks :(

Hi guys,

the title pretty much sums it up... I'm actually scared to step on the scales because I've been bingeing badly and I mean badly, eating literally anything I can get my hands on. And after 7 weeks of being off plan it's definitely not a 5/6lb gain, I'm thinking at least 15? Well to be honest so much rubbish has happened in the past month, and it's not even an excuse. I've been really depressed with family issues, work issues and friend issues (they say bad news/problems always come in 3s dont they??) and I can't take this anymore, I'm back on plan as of today! I'll weigh myself in the morning and just take it from there.
I'm really disappointed in myself but hey, it's life and everytime I fall off I remember how much I want to lose weight. I will keep on strong this time, I know I owe it to myself... and damn I miss the feeling of eating GOOD FOOD.. anyone ever feel like that?

Thanks for reading my rambling, I totally appreciate it!

xxx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Omg, me and you are on the same exact boat. I was doing good until Easter... I just went nuts. Today was my first day back calorie counting and exercising and it's so hard. I know now that I'll never go back.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #3  

[I wanted to PM this but I cant???] omg Mello you are totally my new buddy lol thats if you want to be... I should be something around your weight too if my predictions are correct phew im not alone
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

I understand. And it's ok, it happens. Just make it a point to get back on track! I was doing pretty OK for awhile and then yesterday and today I'm off. So, I'm making it a point to get back on track tomorrow.
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #5  

Yes! We're in this together, lol. Finally someone I can relate to. But not that I don't relate to the other people on here, a lot of them just haven't been on week binges. lol
Old 04-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #6  

Thanks highflyer you can do this, its a small slip up just keep going!!!

Mello - girl, this is no week binge loool I'm talking serious, easter eggs, pizza, chocolate, chips, fried chicken, cookies..... for weeeeeeeeeeeeeks eeek.

Ok so action plan is , we stay on track... worst case scenario: you feel like slippin up and eatin some of your mamas homecookin....you scream my name and I'll be there in a hurry
Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #7  
Transforming through God

We allll have slips... I have had slips that have lasted wayyy longer than that (sadly) - so GOOD FOR YOU for coming back, recognizing you are having problems, and getting back on track before you gain all of your weight back!

You can do it!!
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSurvivor View Post
Thanks highflyer you can do this, its a small slip up just keep going!!!

Mello - girl, this is no week binge loool I'm talking serious, easter eggs, pizza, chocolate, chips, fried chicken, cookies..... for weeeeeeeeeeeeeks eeek.

Ok so action plan is , we stay on track... worst case scenario: you feel like slippin up and eatin some of your mamas homecookin....you scream my name and I'll be there in a hurry

DEAL.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Oh I can relate! I had myself down to 184 and what did I do?? stopped caring and put 20 lbs. back on. UGH. I just think about where I could be if I'd kept at it instead of doing NOTHING since December. It makes me want to scream.

Good news, we're back and we'll get it this time!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #10  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

I have had the same thing too! I lose 40 pounds, go off plan, gain it back. Rinse and repeat for 3 or so years. This time I am sticking with it. I am sick of wondering where I would have been, could have been, should have been by now. Next year I WILL be at my goal!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #11  

We will stick to this and just keep learning from these mistakes... I just refuse to ever put on any more on!!! I wouldn't mind so much if I were in the 100s but where I'm in the 200s it just makes me feel physically sick!

Thanks for your replies, it's made me feel a bit less like an alien in this highly motivated site!

Oh and so far I've stayed on plan all day which is an accomplishment after so many weeks of eating crap! wooo
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

I'm having problems with saying "no thanks" to pizza, cookies, and whatever other junk food people offer me. Once I start I just wanna keep eating. I've been bad since Friday...now it's time to get back on track and stay there! No worries girls....WE GOT THIS
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 219/199/165

I am in the same boat with all of you, I slipped up bad. I have this problem that once people start noticing I lost a bit of weight I start eating again!!!

Does anyone else have this problem, because this is why I've been loosing and gaining for the last 4 years of my life!

But now that we have all talked about it, it can't eat us up (literally)! hang in there everyone
springlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Ok, so I'll admit upfront that I'm not really a binger. So you are welcome to take my advice with a grain of salt, but I hope it helps. I'm thinking if you suffer from a binge eating disorder, you probably need to figure out what is triggering the binges. And even if you aren't a binger, you need to figure out WHY you fall of track, and WHAT you can do to prevent it.

One such thought: You all know you CAN still eat cookies and pizza right? I mean, they're not healthy, true. Nutrionally void, for the most part. But in terms of weight loss, you don't have to completely restrict them. If completely, 100% cutting them out makes dieting hard enough for you that you fall off the wagon, maybe you shouldn't cut them completely. Have pizza once a month. A cookie on the weekend. Just keep yourself honest to the calories and fat.

Another question/thought: when you fall off the wagon for a few weeks, what are you thinking? Are you avoiding thinking about your weight? Are you feeling horribly guilty about it, but don't care enough to do anything about it? Because it almost sounds like there is this kind of acceptance, that you don't really want to stop binging. Don't get me wrong, of course everyone wants to be in control of what they eat and why. But I do think that if this is a recurring problem for you, there may be something you're not being honest with yourself about.

As for your question about missing "good food"... I like to think that "good food" is what I'm eating now. I love most of the healthy foods I eat. And a lot of the foods I eat are on others "bad lists" are not on mine, because of what works for ME (I'm talking, like, mashed potatoes, not cheesecake). Maybe that's the problem? You need to find foods that are healthy that you love. Because even though I do occasionally crave a Wendy's burger, I find that usually when I'm eating non-healthy foods I immediately feel sickened by the thought of what I'm putting in my mouth. (It's true!)

Once you figure out what works for you, things gets so much easier. And you have all the support you need around here.

Last edited by Gold32; 04-20-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Edited to fix some bad wording..
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote